[PC] Pirate Clan Released to iOS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 28, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello everyone,

Today we’re very pleased to announce that we have our first native iOS app out on iTunes for Pirate Clan. This is our very first mobile device specific app so we’re eager to get it into the hands of players and get some feedback! If you encounter any bugs on the iOS app or would like to request additional features, please leave them here in this thread or submit a Support ticket.

When you open the iOS app for the first time, it will allow you to choose a preexisting account or create a new one. If you create a new account, you will be put into the Kano Play server 2 network. If you log in with your Facebook account you will be playing on the Facebook server (server 1). You can switch networks by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking settings. You can launch the Pirate Clan app from the Facebook app by clicking on More and then the Pirate Clan icon. Note we are still working on integration with the Facebook, things like clicking on external engagement links won't be transferred to the app.

It would be awesome if you would give the app a nice rating and review on iTunes if you’re so inclined, it helps let Apple know that people enjoy the app and will push it higher on their games list (more visibility means more Pirates to Clan/Fight!). Of course, there is the inevitable question of when the other games will come to iTunes and when the games will come to Android. We're releasing Pirate Clan first to make sure our app is solid and when that is certain we'll start bringing out the other games. A dedicated Android app is expected early next year, but for those of you on Android you can still use the mobile version for the time being.

If you have a compatible iOS device, please install the app and give it a go! To entice you, there are some screenshots below that will show you what the Pirate Clan app looks like in action.

Link to PC in App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pirate-clan/id740136022

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

I will try this out in my iphone :))

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks, let us know what you think! :D

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

the app is free right? just curious because some free to play games arent free when you get the app(if they have one)

i dont have an iphone(yet) so i am not able to check. and dont have itunes because it is horible IMO i have a better app that does the same as it

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I assure you the app is completely FREE to install. An added bonus is you can actually top up your Favor Points should you choose to via the iOS app which you cannot do via our existing mobile web version.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everyone,

I'd just like to let you know that we're pushing an update to the iOS version of Pirate Clan over the next few days. This update includes some bug fixes, but the major change is going to be to the Adventures screen and the Skill Allocator. We've done some work on the user interface of these screens, so let us know what you think!

We're always working on our iOS app, so if you have any feature requests, bugs you'd like to report or suggestions in general, please leave them here! If you've been using the app and enjoying it, remember to give us a rating. Thanks! :)

Link to PC in App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pirate-clan/id740136022

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're working on iOS versions of all of our other games, but for right now we're focused on getting Pirate Clan polished to a mirror sheen. :)

8. MorbidMario

MorbidMario Member

G'day, I'm on an android phone so didn't bother checking the link emailed to me for the ios app. But I just suffered a blackout here so jumped on the phone to use my key in the current 3 day calendar. Did the normal thing opened facebook and tried to get to the game with my facebook bookmark. Got a full log in screen wanting email and password, did that got a blank black screen for a bit then when the game opened the app appears different. Went and used my key in VC and yep PC app has changed, the page links appear in green when on that page, when helping on adventures or challenges a pop-up no longer comes up instead I got a notification under the original request and the calendar page is different. Just wondering if changes were made to the standard app or if I pulled a miracle lol
    If this is similar to the new ios app then I do have 2 suggestions. 1st would be a filter on the social feed tab for adventure/challenge/ boss and so on as the social feed on the phone is always full of clan leveling and it gets hard to find one thing over another. 2nd a filter for the battle page so we can get to the battle arena and armada wars tabs :)

9. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I used to be able to join bosses from links in facebook groups from my phone, via the mobile app. Since the release of the iOS, I can no longer do this. It just takes me to the mobile version of the game's home page. I can still join viking clan bosses from links in facebook with my phone. So, please do a little tweaking. Thanks!

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@MorbidMario Not sure what happened there, but your suggestions are appreciated, I'll pass them along. :)

@diva of destruction I'll show the developers your request, thanks for the feedback!

11. MorbidMario

MorbidMario Member

Ok thanks Mi7ch and no problems :)

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Thank you, Mi7ch!!

13. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

hey i dont think you are able to see what your daily gamer points status is at so i think that is a MUST to have. otherwize the people in armadas that require you to get them probobly wont download/use the app because of that reason of not knowing how many more they have to get

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Good suggestion, thanks neill!

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks, we just released another update to the iOS version of Pirate Clan. We've given the Battle screen a bit of a makeover, you can check it out below!

We're still working on adding in Community requests to future updates, so if you have any please let us know!

[​IMG]

16. Jennifer Strain

Jennifer Strain New Member

Hi looks great,are there any plans to be able to play in the wars and arena on mobile?

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Those features are in the works!

18. Brady Guyant

Brady Guyant New Member

I know some features like being able to access and use boosts and being able to individually select the treasure chests instead of it just picking it for you, those would be nice to see.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the feedback Brady, I'll pass it along to our iOS team. :)

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Pirate Clan iOS Login Updates

Today we released the new User Interface design for selecting and logging in to the different Networks for Pirate Clan on iOS.

When you boot up the app for the first time, you'll see this screen:

[​IMG]

If you already have a Facebook account, click the top option. Clicking on the second option will drop you into Kano Play Server 2 as a Guest. If you already have a Kano Play account, click "Log In".

[​IMG]

Clicking on the "More" tab on the bottom right of the interface will pop up this screen:

[​IMG]

Selecting "Server Settings" will enable you to switch between Facebook and Kano Play Server 2 and it will also allow you to create a Kano Play account if you're currently playing the game as a Guest.

[​IMG]