Programs use to hunt bounties

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crisom Melo, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

This issue may have been addressed before, but in recent days and weeks is absurd and increasingly widely used, programs speak to hunt Bountys. KANO already said before that we report the suspects to use such programs. OK. My friends and I do, more than once, to the same player, and so far, nothing! Daily players know who exactly are these players. I want this topic to not only bring back the discussion about this unfair practice, but it also suggest that KANO create a specific part just for reports for this conduct, optimizing perhaps the opportunity to curb this abuse.

2. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Had be good for game if you can do some thing to trace this programs. We who play it know who have or not. but so far it have not help to report it.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Bots in any form are something we constantly work to battle against. Recently we've tested some new methods for catching anyone using scripts or automation which, on top of our old tools, should help us wage a better war against people who decide to play out game outside of the confines of our rules.

Additionally, it's worth noting that we are looking to change the way that bounties work for higher level players to clear up some things that might be misinterpreted as people using bots or scripts.

I'd like to thank you for bringing this to our attention as it's always something we're looking to stamp out.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Any chance we can a bit more info on "looking to change the way that bounties work for higher level players". This scares the hell outta me considering the huge restrictions we already face in the form of delays and the factt that our sheer strength already has a good portion of the community thinking higher levels play outside the rules. I cant image even being more restricted...I already get restricted after just a few bounties. Had I known about these delays I would have focused on bounties at a much earlier stage of my account. As it stands now even the addition of God bounties dont help. Although they may not be delayed themselves thety still count towards the delay on regular bounties.

Since the addition of God bounties Ive witnessed a large increase in the number of bounties caught by a wider range of players. Isnt that enough? Hopefully Kano understands that every time they restrict a certain group of players based on performance they give other segments the opportunity to do things thee restricted segment was never afforded. No matter how u slice it or dice it thats just wrong to give someone else an upper hand and to punish/restrict others for doing exactly what the games were designed to do and excelling at it.

Perhaps Im getting ahead of myself here, I will wait and see what else we hear. The heads up is greatly appreciated though. Ty.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I can't really say too much about it since it is still in the planning stages other than that we are aware that the higher levels in Viking Clan would like to see an adjustment to the way we currently distribute bounties.

I don't want to say too much else because this is preliminary stuff and things may change between now and when we get it hammered out.

6. polishpimp

Ok. As always your your reply is greatly appreciated. Edit..."usually appreciated" ;)

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

ಠ_ಠ

Well, better than nothing I suppose.

:p

8. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

Thank you mi7ch in come here and answer about the subkject.

I would just telll that is not the case of players at high levels seems using bots. It's exactly players in low and middle levels who are abusing this practice more and more. Just look at the numbers.

9. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

At this moment. One player HIGH level was using bot to autoheal and got bounties. Was patethic. This must be banished from game, not only for violate the TOC but for be unfair in all levels. The player dont need be even in front to computer. He was reported again for friends. I just am tired to report and simple doesnt work.

10. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I wish I was all knowing like some people. you don't know anything about what a person uses. I have sat 5 feet from my son missing bounties while he cleaned house the computer the connection they all play a role(and before anyone says it yes I am normally a better hunter than him)

11. Susanne Rautelius

I will report them again fore 52 second time. Did last night and will do fore the days to come. So if have any interests in this you will know what we know

12. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

Well. we are not telling here about good hunters. If you are a good hunter, congratulations, that's very nice be one. Like you could be one of the most players mad with this pratic, because you will loose your good hability for one software used that violated the TOC. And, about we dont have to know what each player use to play, please just look the numbers and if you are a daily player you will see when one bot is ON, you can't see the bounty, when you bounty sometimes apear who got him before you click in bounty button, yes this happens. And keep on the way of issue. we need one channel open separated to others reports to this go faster and bring results.
    Why privilege this report? Because in the last days are hard and hard, more and more players are having acces to this program and used. Some guilds pratically distribue the program between yours members.

I like play VC, i like hunt, but with this... is another time to think in leave. Or some is do NOW or you, KANO, will lost players.
    Like Sussane, i will not report, i want one channel separated, directly with KANO just for this in real time, like yesterday, when one player used his bot for many time.

If KANO want do some about it, at least try keep reports from Susanne faster to try catch these players.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for sending in those reports, Susanne Rautelius.

We actively investigate any reports of cheating and/or bot use that gets sent in to us. While we can't discuss the outcomes of any of our investigations here in the forums, rest assured that the appropriate actions are taking in every report.

14. polishpimp

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well you know we can't discuss our investigations into other players accounts or share the results. I can say that we do look in to everything, however.

16. Susanne Rautelius

17. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

18. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

I really hope so. We are doing a hard work reporting the same players that we already reported before and more than once. At least Susanne are doing, i am just seeing and have faith in some that can be done.

19. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

I told that i will not report any player anymore but the use by the same players are abusive. I did. I reported again, same players, same reasons with one diference. Kano, you will lost players for frustrate them. Yes, if you do nothing about it, just saying that does, you are in accord with these pratic and players so, for equality the own Kano is brocken the terms that created.

How can we keep stay playing your game, paying for your jobs while you brock yours own terms?

Many players come here and do one drama telling that will leave and a bunch of pelegos write to them stay like was a kind of Savior, is so ridiculous like they all dont leaved, of course, who leave, just leave, quietly.

You will lost players. Payers players.
    I just want tryed help you to do the right thing and open your eyes.

thank you

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We appreciate the feedback.

The bounty list has and always will be a highly contested area in the game because it is open to everyone in the game and rules that have been set on how bounties are distributed have changed very little since we launched the game, any changes that we did make where highly opposed by vocal players and we ended up removing any changes that were added.

One thing that I will say is that we are not ignoring nor pushing aside complaints and suspicions from players, they do help us confirm notifications that we get from our detection system but it is up to us to do full due diligence before taking permanent action.

We have started to roll out some new methods of detection that is currently logging data / in beta and plan to start enforcing within the coming weeks once we are confident we have all the bugs worked out. But we have already started to enforce some specific cases so hopefully you have already started to see some improvement.

On another note, there are many reports where it appears legit play is being reported. These are cases where players are not aware that bounties there is a distribution algorithm where not all bounties are seen by all players at the same time, are not aware that different players based on location and/or internet connection can make requests at a faster rate, etc.

But all that being said, wanted to jump on here from a dev perspective and say that we are not ignoring complaints, that we have and will continue to roll out updates to our detection systems to provide us with as much info as possible to take action against.