[All] arena inactive heath penalty (kanoplay)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think a better fix would be to disable the slider unless/until your target is in the red, that will make it almost as long as it was AND give you a better chance at getting the kill

2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like the slider. Instead of sitting in the arena for 8 hrs, I like to finish it in 1h 30 mins in fb vikings. People have lives and I can use that saved hrs for something better.
    I don't want any more changes.
    Maybe its a option for kanoplay ms, but in fb with 1700 players works fine for me.

3. would it be possible to put this to a vote?

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FB VC, You have to admit turn head with the slider=dead in 20 secs, I'm no weakling and get pumbled quick.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

you could start a new thread for that in the ideas section for voting

6. im the beast

im the beast Member

if anything def mode need to be done with if a player make it to top 100 and has done nothing but sit in def mode take there def mode away simple do not i repeat do not reduce players health ok ba to me is about leveling and if you take health away from players thats less attack i or anyone that wants to level away. meaning less leveling.. i wish people would think about this alittle more.. haha.. i honestly dont see y anyone would want health reducing. and if everyone wants ba to last longer take the slider away another simple fix. anyways thats just my 2 cent...

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I agree with this. If it gets to a certain point in the game and the people have done nothing but sit in defense, then defense mode should automatically be over for them.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I couldnt agree more and its (or a variation) has been suggested numerous times by different players including Demonik and myself. I also suggested Scaling back defensive times after the first idea of removing the slider fell on seemingly deaf ears. Scaling back the defensive stance times would have the exact same affect as removing the slider but players have had a hard time understanding that.

I like the slider...its an absolutely great idea if participation numbers were greater than what they currently are in Kanoplay. I dont see why they cant/wont eliminate it in the games where the participation numbers are low. At the very least they could try reducing the number of attacks to 2 for an arena or two and see what affect that will have. It makes sense to me that it would increase the duration of the arena by approx 1/3 which would allow for a couple of things like ....

1. increasing the chances of showing up late and still being alive
    2. allowing more opportunity for players to level up before discovered
    3. more opportunity for more attacks/kills which means more opportunity for achievements
    4. allow fewer players to ride out an entire arena in defensive stance

In the end no matter what Kano does to the arena there will always be a good number of players that enter just for the free XP and a chance at ranking well while remaining inactive, lets face it....not everyone has the time, will or even like the PVP aspect.. But the arena was intended for players that like the PVP aspect....lets at least give those players more opportunity to get in there mix it up and gain some levels. As it stands now many players who were once active and got a ton of levels dont even bother anymore because being active in such a short arena means an early exit for most. Slowing down the killing means there are more players on the battle pages which allow more active players to go undiscovered for longer. The highest levels will always have the best chance of winning despite what happens...the least we can do is is allow the others who dont stand as good a chance of winning an opportunity to get something out of it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  9. polishpimp

I like it! Maybe when a players target gets to a certain health and the attacker has a "minimum" number of attacks in then the slider becomes available. That way snipers will still be hitting with 1 attack. Or some variation there of. Great idea Demonik....10 stars.

10. polishpimp

There was a thread/vote on that idea but I cant find it. It pretty much got trashed by members of a certain PC armada. It would probably be best to start a new one.

11. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Any changes just makes it must easier for the weak players to get killed right away. I would vote for putting the arena back to the way it was before all the changes. I am not gonna let you or the Polishpimp easy wins since that is all it is is people like you want easy wins, and drive everybody away from the arena and from the game completely. Do not fix something that was never broken before. All these ideas are punishing people who have to work, sleep, go to school or being ill who can not make it at the start time. These ideas that you guys have and the health ideas have ruined the arena experience big time.

12. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

My suggestion for PolishPimp and others who ruined the Kano games with your ideas? Go make your own game to put these ideas in. Your ideas are not popular, and the kanoPlay arena and all that is failing big time. How many people are participating in the KP MySpace ZS arena right now? 50? Many people have stopped participating before MySpace dropped the games. Now it got worst. I think that it was a bad idea for Kano people put in the arena and the guild/Faction/squad/armada wars as well. As it is? People are refusing to join that as well. It is people like you PolishPimp and others that turned a game that used to be fun into making it your own for you to win all the time and never give the rest of us a chance to even be up there.

13. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

you evidently have not read and understood what was being said Polish is not asking for thin gs to be easier just more like how the arena was in the beginning when everyone had a chance to show up late when real life got in the way of you being able to be there at the start.

14. polishpimp

Im confused, allll my ideas are bad yet you say your voting to put the arena back to the way it was, ummmm....that was my idea.

All i want is easy wins? how do u know whats easy for me and what is not or even what I want? You dont...u havent a clue. You do realize that Im not even close to being the highest level player that participates right? Did you know that most arenas there is coordinated teams of players that come after me that I must fend off? How about the handicap that allows me to lose as much as 45% of the time in the arena to players that i never lose to or cant beat me in the regular game? How about the fact that Ive also won the PC arena and that Ive also performed very well in the LCN nd ZS arenas as well despite my dismal levels? I suppose that was easy as well? Considering u apparently know me so well would mind indulging myself and the rest of the community as to what it is that makes performing well in arenas so "easy" for me when apparently its not as easy for everyone else?

Our ideas have ruined the arena? they are simply ideas...none of which have ever been implemented in any of the arenas, mind explaining how they have ruined the arenas? perhaps if u actually took the time to read my ideas then u would understand that what I want is to allow for more opportunity for players of all levels that want to "actively participate".

"Dont hate the player....hate the game"

15. polishpimp

Hmmmm....Im starting to sense a bit of negative energy from you. Did I kill u on bounty or did someone pee in your cheerios this morning? All kidding aside bro....Ive no idea what your problem with me is.....but I dont even participate in the new wars or even any of the season play stuff, how is it that im ruining those?

If you think it was a bad idea for Kano to have added these features then why do u participate in them? Its not like anyone is forcing u to ...r they? Im actually sy u feel that way bro, because everybody does have a decent chance at getting something out of it, maybe not as much as they once did...but we are working on Kano to change that. I think its important to remember why the arenas even exist. Players that enjoyed PVP found themselves with lil or no rival page (usually high level players) so the arena was created. Kano knew full well lesser levels didnt really stand much of a chance to ever win so they made it completely separate from the game itself and allowed the low to mid levels that also enjoyed PVP a piece of the action and a shot at some levels and the opportunity to take a few swings at the big boys and girls without the fear of in-game repercussions. If played strategically and with perhaps a lil luck the low to mid levels can and have benefit much more than i ever do, they can get way more levels and do it at a fraction of the cost it takes me to get much fewer. In fact even the FP reward pretty much does nothing for me, this past arena I spent more FP than I won. I just like the challenge of it all, eventually I will lose and it will be no big deal. Had I been a different player I would have beat myself long ago. Why someone else hasnt beat me yet (accept for a couple of very talented guild mates) is beyond me...thats on them.

If they made the arena so any low level player could easily win how phony would that be? Do u really just want it to be completely random...wheres the challenge in that? What level are you? How would you feel that despite everything youve done to get where you are now Kano decided to just make the game completely random and nothing you did up until now made any difference? Lets say you wake up tomorrow and find that a level 50 is whoopn your ass...would you be ok with that? Whats fair is fair right? If in the next arena a level 5k can just start whooping my butt it should be that way across the board then right? That would mean even lower levels would be able to kick that levels 5k butt. Where does it end? All the arenas will be won by the lowest players and all the high levels knocked out first? LL....wouldnt thayt be a hoot.

In the end bro....Ive seen countless low and mid levels perform awesome in the arena, some of them on a regular basis. If you havent been one of them perhaps you should revise your strategy. Whats the best youve ever performed in an arena? Have u ever placed well ahead of a high level player? If so....your welcome, maybe having a few of us around isnt such a bad deal after all.

16. im the beast

im the beast Member

im like pimp here, what are you thinking david id personal love to see ba back to the way it was as well... as for my ideal i think its i good one for i spend money to play ba and dont want to wait to use my uns on players to come out of def mode that has done nothing but sit in def mode from the start. for me ill say it again ba is about leveling for me and simply to have fun...there are many many chagnes to this game that ive hated very much. just saying hireds caught caught..lol matter of fact david just about the only time i come to the forums and post it is b/c of some chagne i dont like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Why? Because of the issues with polish's guild tag team to kill people in the arena. That is why many people put up the defense to stop the tag teaming since the arena is supposed to be everyone for themselves. The arena does not work when polish and his thugs in PIMPS gang up on people which they win so many times at the top. That needs to stop for the arena to work much better.

18. polishpimp

Oh...i didnt realize the arena was suppose to be everyone for themselves. I took a look around the arenas strategy and hints page and all I could find was this.......

"Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list."

Thats just weird they would put that in there considering its suppose to be everybody for themselves. i guess it was just a typo or a glitch or something.

I also didnt realize the whole reason everybody sits in defense was because of me either....HOW COOL IS THAT?

Sy to disappoint u bro but the Pimps havent played as a team (in the way your implying)since the very beginnings of the arena. JJ and I will sometimes share the bigger targets but thats because good XP is a bit scarce for us in the arena. Other than that we might help out a friend or two with a kill every now n then if they are low on health but thats about it. The PIMP guild just knows how to play the arena regardless of their level. heck, just tonight I moved up 3 spots from the last arena #19 to #16 in the KP LCN arena and my LCN account totally sucks, I dont think ive even blacksmithed in over a year , only have 1241 mob and didnt know a single other person that was playing. Guess im just lucky.

Not to be harsh bro, but maybe if you spent less time blaming others and spent more time actually trying to figure out a strategy that works for your account u would stand a better chance. Shoot me a PM Ide be happy to help if I can.