[All] arena inactive heath penalty (kanoplay)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ben

ben Active Member

yes it does effect us alot...you dont seem to be grasping that...fb has ALOT more players...always has... our numbers are down farther than before...numbers will pick up in time but add in this ridiculous health penalty will turn players away from the arena and kill it entirely..its a bad idea all together as we want newer and current players to enter the arena on their free will and keep increasing the number...not not join it and destroy the best thing ever(the arena) this change will destroy

2. ben

ben Active Member

this is nothing but hogwash and you know it...all this will accomplish is driving players away from the arena..the idea is to promote players entering the arena and keep the numbers up...this suggested penalty will drive players away and drop the number alot further down...the way its currently set up is fair to all players of all builds...this whole suggested penalty idea is just pure hogwash that will only destroy the arena...

3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

You are totally wrong about that. things need to be adjusted to the arena times now because the slider has shortened it so much. if you would just open your eyes you would see that no one will have more penalty than they would have been if the arena still lasted the 8-12 hours they used to.

4. ben

ben Active Member

here we go again with the slider that isnt even relevant tothis thread..but here it goes...the poorest excuse is blaming the slider...the slider actually helps the low and mid levelers in the arena..it gives them a decent shot to use teamwork and knock the big boys and gals out of the arena...so no you cant blame the best thing to ever happen to the arena(the slider) for this...even pimp admitted that the slider can beat him out of the arena if people would get together and use it on him

5. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

yes that is correct but even you have to admit because of the slider the arena is shortened. so with that in mind everything needs to be adjusted to be in line with what they were when the arenas lasted longer.

6. ben

ben Active Member

there was more when it was on myspace compared to kps2...in time the number will build back up as im sure kano is well aware of..it takes time but a change like this will flat out destroy the arena as it will cause players to not to enter it...we need to promote players actually entering the arena to keep the number up and continue to let the number grow...we dont need to cause the number to drop by adding in this ridulous penalty...cause this will destroy the arena as players will stop entering

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

yes it will take time, alot of newer players coming up the ranks....lets face facts here, participation was much higher on myspace because of alts and about 5 % of semi active players were lost in the move. in time arena participation will increase no matter what and kano knows that better than any of us. put this pointless change in or not, it will change NOTHING

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agreed, guess should have opt out tab after joining and get free/easy EXP, guess what then? No arena for those who want to play, look at it this way> no in actives=====no one to kill/your quick lvl's kinda 2faced IMO. SO Pimp want more or less out of the experience? Can't wait it out don't play it!

9. Demonik1

thanks matt, my sentiments exactly....its already less than half the time it used to take but thats not good enough.....they dont want their rivals to finish higher than theyd like since everybody gets killed off before the hateds dmode run out.....very selfish indeed

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The point is that the penalty was there for a reason and that was to penalize inactive players. As I pointed out in another thread http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?10973-A-few-battle-arena-tidbits the arena was clearly intended for active players from when the idea was first brought to the community all the way to its addition to the game and beyond when the penalty was introduced. Now with all the other additions to the arena it makes it even more needed. Demonik was right when he said the penalty was so small its pointless. So lets increase the penalty as well.

The argument that someone cant make it on time is completely invalid. Its a game its not some god given right. If you show up an hour after your plane was set to depart do u think it waited for you? If u got stuck in traffic and showed up late to the football game do u think they will delay the start for you? In the end...if there was some reason you couldnt make it that sucks....but it shouldnt have any effect on the arena. Not to mention.....how many people just dont play or show up on purpose? Why? Because the way its currently set up it promotes inactivity, The exact opposite of the intended purpose of the arena. Fortunately there is plenty of opportunity to play again with 4 diff start times....not that most will bother participating then either.

As far as my motives.... I just want the arena to be as intended and have as many as possible battling it out. Some would say that Im being selfish, thats just absurd....Ive done well in every arena in every game despite my levels or rule changes. The people that u should be weary of are those whos game has decreased the most in participation numbers yet they dont want change.

11. polishpimp

Please dont use me as part of your argument. If you want to quote something I said here in the forums that pertains to the topic of this thread than please feel free as long as u do it properly, in its entirety and in the proper context. TY

12. ben

ben Active Member

I agree with what matthew said...he hit the nail on the head with his short sweet and witty post...

13. ben

ben Active Member

believe me im trying my best to stay on topic but your buddy larry took it off topic by mentoining the slider..my reply was to him...maybe you wanna get it right next time thank you...

14. Demonik1

the argument that some cant make it on time IS valid! you said it yourself polish, its a GAME, not all this real life crap youre comparing it to. the battle arena is what it was intended to be. people battle it out in every one, besides the few that just hope to kill everyone they cant stand, there are more actives than inactives and hell yeah i want to see more of them play but this pointless little penalty wont change a damn thing and you know it. its all about control with you 2, i want i want i want, dont do this, do that, this is how it should be, i know better than you and so on and so forth and big freakin deal im off topic and guess what? its a free country and forum so ill do and say what i please as will everyone else in it. get over yourself already. go get somebody banned from the world chat or something so you can get your daily smugness in....oh and have a nice night :]

15. polishpimp

What part of my suggestion is "two faced'? I would prefer more players but in the end I would be just as content with fewer as well as long as it was more in-keeping with the intent of the arena. Ive won when when participation numbers were at their highest as well as their lowest, both before and after the slider, As one of the top dogs and being far from it....so what exactly is my ulterior motive?

16. ben

ben Active Member

lets stay on topic please as the slider isnt part of this thread...so please stay on topic and dont derail your own thread please thank you :)

17. polishpimp

Yep...its a game, its a game we all play in real life...no? Just like the football game i gave as an example...its a game....but the game starts on schedule and doesnt wait on somebody because they were late or couldnt make it due to life happening. Even if a player in that football game cant make it or is late....the game goes on and hopefully they will make it to the next one.

Like i said previously...it might not have a huge effect....much like it didnt when they implemented it at the 10 or 6 hr mark....but it was still there was it not? It was obviously important enough to move up from 10 hrs to 6. Now that the arena is even shorter it makes sense to move it up once again. If arena participation numbers increase as we all hope then they move it back again. It was meant as a penalty for not being active, they way it stands now in kanoplay its completely useless.

18. Demonik1

and APPARENTLY the penalty had zero effect then and theyve seen that and dont wish to waste their time on it again. you can penalize the inactives all you want and it wont change a thing. if theres players with 2 hours plus dmose and they get penalized that tiny amount youre still not going to hit them till they come out so its completely pointless. how can you NOT see that???

19. polishpimp

Ummm...I am on topic in my thread. The suggestion Ive made here is because of the now much shorter arena which is a direct result of the implementation of the slider

20. Demonik1

even if you increased the penalty to half their health, you STILL wont hit them in dmode cause the ones that really matter have over 2 bill health and a ton of defense which STILL makes this pointless