[All] arena inactive heath penalty (kanoplay)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Oct 24, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Currently in the arenas if a player does not get the minimum of 100 attacks in 6 hours their health is reduced. In Kanoplay most arenas dont even last 6 hours. Considering the way things are currently set up in the arenas I would like to suggest lowering the time limit in which players have to get the minimum number of hits in to be much more proportionate with the lengths of the arenas. Perhaps after 2-3 hrs of inactivity inactive players should be penalized rather than the 6 hrs it is now.

2. ben

ben Active Member

all i see as of now it would make it shorter yet ... so here is a 1 star...

3. slave

slave Member

nah wouldnt change a dam thing, but this as well as defensive stance needs to be adjusted, cuz right now its a joke to say "inactives" will be penalized after six hours....

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree that it wouldnt have a huge impact but at the very least its a call to be active. When the arena lasted longer the 6 hr limit did help to some degree in that it helped take down players in defensive stance at the end a little easier/quicker. The arena was meant for active players...inactives should be punished in any way they can and not be more of hindrance to active players.

5. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

10/10, this as well as def stance should be adjusted. Either remove the attack slider or adjust these. I have more then decent def time available and even I think these timers are out of sync with the pace of arena.

6. Kelley Svalla

Kelley Svalla New Member

I work full time and can't always make it to the start of the arena. Would make it even harder if I have a smaller window to make it to without being penalized. I vote 1 on this.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Last night our faction sat there waiting for the last of the people to get out of defense. 3 and a half hour defense time, yet he was the only one up there besides our faction for about an hour. All this defense time is doing is delaying the inevitable. Either remove the attack slider, or cut the defense down to 33%. Reducing their health sooner won't help anything.

8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

if it would actually make a significant difference id give this a 10 but the penalty is so pointless and small they could do it after 10 mins and it wouldnt change a thing....1 star

9. ben

ben Active Member

this will be wrong all together if kano does this....for one reason some peoplew have to work in real life...and some will come on when they get home and hope they are still alive...that theyre defense time saves them...there is no need to penalize health to those that honestly try to get on...and if something comes up where someone is a 2 or 4hrs late when its not there fault..how dare you... all this is is pimp being selfish wanting to get in and out of arena fast...thats all this is about... some people have over 4hrs defense time..would the health penalty be fair to them?? i dont think so...and no it wont be fair to lessen there defense time either...both of those would be slapping those players right in the face with a cast iron frying pan...

10. ben

ben Active Member

we wait out defense time over on pirates server 2....we enjoy the wait...thats what keeps the arena going..and because of the wait we are able to enjoy the arena the way it was meant to be played...its not suppose to be over in a instant...so these players keep the length of the arena the way it should be...penalizing there health and/or defense time is just smacking these smart players in the face with a steaming hot frying pan

11. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

the penalty time is way to long before it does anything at all. i do think and believe it should be adjusted to match the time the arena lasts now.

12. Obviously, anyone with an once of objectivity, would agree with this suggestion. It's utterly insane that the defensive mode of individual players and the amount of time until an inactive player's health is penalized weren't adjusted with the introduction of the attack slider bar. Huge raspberry to the brianiacs who blew that one.

The whole reason the start times of various arenas are rotated is so that even people who are working during one arena can make another one. So that is hardly a reason to keep things the way they are now imo.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    polishpimp likes this.
  13. There Will Be Blood

They only have 4 hours of def time because the amount of time they get was determined BEFORE the attack slider, it was proportionate to the amount of time it took to play arena at that time. Arena is no longer a 24 hour event. Def time and penalties for inactivity need to be scaled back to match the time arena currently runs.

14. ben

ben Active Member

it should remain the way it is because in time these games will pick up with more and more players...because we see more coming over and new people joining...so in time the number will pick back up..patience is a virtue...if anything if this change(or other similar changes) goes through it will only drive players away from joining the arena and kill it entirely...

15. ben

ben Active Member

isnt 2 or 3 hrs the average defense time??? kinda interesting your forgetting the players with more defense time or delibrately want to penalize them for it... i see right through this... ive seen through all these ideas...

16. There Will Be Blood

How would it be penalizing those with high def? Those with better def percentages would still get longer def time then those with inferior def. The ones with lower def times would still die first. Everyone's def time would be lowered, not just those with high def.

2-3 hours is not average def time, if it was there would be a heck of a lot more people alive after 2 hours, at least in FB ZS, not sure where you all play.

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

this is just a pointless thread thats gone off topic quick. it has nothing to do with dmode times. its about a small health penalty to people who dont play. id give this a zero if i could, id rather there was more health to go around...more exp for me

18. ben

ben Active Member

you said it yourself...FB...this is on kps2(what this whole thread is about) and yes on average its about 2 or 3hrs...

19. There Will Be Blood

Doesn't matter which platform or what the average def time is. The issue is still the same and obviously both platforms are affected.

20. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

until they do pick back up then it does need to be adjusted to fit the arena time now. and anyone can see that if they are not to stubborn to look at it right. i do have patience and trust me i use it. i doubt anyone will be driven away if things are scaled to match like they was in the very beginning of the arena.