[All] make length of arena def. stance more proportionate to length of arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 23, 2013.

1. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Yup, that's pretty much how every single Battle Arena has gone on Kong ZS. People doing nothing, getting many of the high rewards for doing nothing. The two you listed that have attacks, I forced into defensive straight away, so they were at least trying. As for the rest, I don't really see why they deserve anything.

It's a Battle Arena, not a Sit Around and Do Nothing Arena.

2. slave

slave Member

protector -
    im really curious....
    was there skill point reallocation offered when they changed the attack slider from 1 to 3?

no there wasnt
    so stfu

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Was no need to reallocate with the slider.

With this there would be a need as your taking away a once legit strategy.

ill give my opinion all i want on this.

ill stop when im ready to stop or until the thread is locked or deleted..whichever comes first.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Maybe you can break down the "strategy" part for me. I have already defined strategy and how it doesn't apply when a player is doing NOTHING, which is what we are seeing with highly defensive builds. I still have not seen a single argument from you, just hooplah about how doing anything against your precious experience in the BA will be the end of Kano.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

the definition of bully also doesnt apply to games...even pimp will tell you that one.

you cant use the definition in the dictonary for a game.

a game isnt real life so real life definitions dont apply.

thats like sayimg someone attacks you nonstop no matter what and listing ya...thats not a bully but the definition would say it is...

so no...that definition doesnt apply here...

and nothing is a strategy...

i even remember seeing one of the admins post that starting in d mode is strategy hence why that option became available.

going to tell admin there wrong bout there own game?????

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Yes lets cater to one specific build instead of keeping it balanced. That's the greatest idea I've ever heard.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

it is balanced the way it is.

The sooner Kano gives a official answer the sooner this can hopefully be done with.

but by scaling back earned defense time skill reallocation would be needed as youve taken away earned time.

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

It's not balanced for someone to not attack a single time and score top tier in BATTLE arena.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

they only get rewarded for rank 50 reward..

technically they should get the reward they landed at as its not there fault actives didnt kill them.

for inactives to get up the rank by d mode just shows poor strategy on active players part.

it boils down to active players are playing they the ones deciding who falls out..

so if actives kill other actives and defense players remain..can only blame the active players.

defense player is just using strategy by using up there hard earned defense time and that should remain as is untouched.

heck the fact some kps2 vc arenas ago a inactive took 1st...can only blame active players for that happening.

so yes in the end keep defense time the way it currently is.

removing just 1 little second is warranting skill reallocation.

10. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Skill reallocation wasn't put in when the skull heal was taken away. Many people believed they wouldn't need the higher defense and health to ride so they chose not to add it. It affected their game when taken away. When the attack slider was added those people who built low stamina accounts so they could snipe easily did not get reallocation. Their game was affected. The defense mode was designed for the original battle arena, the one that had the potential to last for at least 8 hours, or sometimes even days on facebook. With the attack being adjusted the defense should be readjusted. Adjusting one side and not the other is not balance. It's shifted in your favor and we are asking for balance while you beg and plead for things to keep going your way like a spoiled toddler. Definitions are definitions. Nothing changes that. In these games bullying is very possible. The definition doesn't change simply because you and another person believe it does. It's not peter pan, if you think it is try believing you can fly and jump off a cliff.

strat·e·gy
    ˈstratəjē/
    noun
    noun: strategy; plural noun: strategies
    a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

Notice the keyword of "action" in that definition. Not doing a single thing is not strategy, it is luck. I've placed 6th place in one arena without playing for a second or being in defense for a second, but I do not call that a strategy. If one of the admins is stupid enough not to know the definition of strategy that just shows you how flawed your perception of "balance" is that you agree with him. I honestly can't even tell if you're being serious anymore with half of what I'm seeing being typed.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The definition of bully doesnt apply to the game as its not real life.

so the definition of strategy doesnt apply to a game either as its not real life.

if 1 definition in the dictionary doesnt apply then no definitions can apply plain and simple.

and again if even just 1 second of someones defense time is removed skill reallocation is warranted.

think of those with a little defense time...some have a mere 6 minutes...so they get scaled to nothing?

6 minutes might not seem like alot but it can make all the difference.

so yes i am in full disagreement with taking away even just 1 second of hard earned defense time.

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Bullying can exist within a game. The thing is though, it's a fighting game and bullying happens. Some people frown upon it, and some people encourage it.
    bul·ly1
    ˈbo͝olē/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: bullying

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants

Now tell me how that definition can't apply to this game? It happens ALL THE TIME. Also I am one of those with 6 minutes of defense time. That defense time means nothing because for your time to be that low your defense perk would be 40, meaning you would still take almost half the normal damage. I am in full support of this, and you can slam my defense time down to 5 seconds for all I care.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

even pimp will tell you no such thing as a bully in the game sorry to say.

so 1 definition dont apply none can apply.

btw this is derailing the thread so it might be best to actually stay on topic please.

im one with 6 minutes defense time on fb and it can make all the difference...lol..

i want my full 6 minutes.

just like those on kps2 would want there full time.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

We are all very aware of your opinion on the subject of this thread. Please be respectful and quit spamming the thread with your same comments again and again. TY

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

when the same answer fits is it really spam?

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

So just because pimp believes something it's true? stop trying to redefine words to fit your desires. If the attack gets adjusted defense should be adjusted. It's that simple. Also ALL definitions apply for the game. Until those who write the dictionary and are actually authoritative of the English language rewrite the definition for you they apply here.

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

@TP. You can call it strategy if u like, hell u call it orange marmalade if ya wanna. No matter what u
    call it doesnt make a bit of difference.

This isnt about whats strategic and what isnt. This about an unfair advantage for players that have large amounts of time in defensive stance. Nobody is arguing that the players with a lot of defensive stance didnt earn it. This is about how the implementation of the slider drastically affected the length of the arena. Players with a lot of defensive stance overnight went from being not even close to riding out the entire arena to being able to do so easily, which greatly increased their odds of performing well in the arena. There was nothing strategic involved in that change, the defensive players did nothing different that some how merited this sudden cake walk of a change. It was all Kano.

Defensive stance is the only arena attribute that is based on time, when the length of the arena was drastically altered the amount of time in defensive stance should have been scaled back as well so as to make it more proportionate.. Not doing so has given a segment of the participants an unearned advantage.

You can argue that players allocated to defense all u want...even if the amount of defensive stance is scaled back or the slider downsized or eliminated they will still have their defensive stance edge gained through their choice of allocation so reallocation would not be necessary. If you want to persist with the argument of reallocation then why are you not arguing that the attack oriented builds should have got to reallocate after the induction of the slider? Using your logic of players adding to defense after the slider was introduced, wouldnt your logic then say that attack oriented players were allocating towards attack before the slider? This is your logic not mine. So If I start a thread saying high attack players that allocated to attack prior to the slider should get to re-allocate your're going to be on board with that right?

No worries....wont be starting that thread anytime soon .....that would be as ridiculous as your stance here.

Btw, please dont use me as a reference to agree or back u up on anything. This a completely different and unrelated subject. Please keep on topic. TY!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

well ya know..

for those with 6 minutes or less(spare for a few it seems) id think that even though its low(i have 6 minutes on fb) it was earned so i should be entitled to the short 6 minutes i get..

scaling it back would be virtually nothing...6 minutes is still something..reducing it to nothing(which is what scaling down d time will get done)isnt really fair.

thats still 6 minutes of defense time thats still 6 earned minutes.

if anything the slider helped players with good attack as it helps them dish more damage faster.

but i would still want my full 6 minutes even though its not much it was still earned.

the amount of defense time someone earned by allocating to defense shouldnt be penalized because some dont like the lovely changes Kano made to the arena.

Kano had to be aware of everyones defense time and how long some possibly had..they knew the count was never really all that high on kps2...but added it in anyway and kept the defense time untouched which is the way it should be.

argue the same thing over and over ill argue the same thing over and over.

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

funny, i see him replying directly to polish with quote and all, but....he has completely ignored every part that asks about skill point reallocation for the attack based accounts haha

20. slave

slave Member

i have one of the longest defensive time stances in arena and i support changing the amount of time to where it is comparable to how long the arena lasts

Defense Mode Time 8925 seconds

using tp strategy i dont have to do a dam thing to get top 5 percent
    which is horsebleep, i want to play, not have it handed to me, and i dont want reallocation because i built my slayer on purpose well before we had arena, and with this change so new (like 3-4 arenas) no one has rebuilt their entire slayer to accomodate this, lets be serious, i level as much as the next guy, but i might have leveled 100 times since the slider started and even if i had moved all 500 pts to defense, it is insignificant on the whole...

att 8195
    def 8416

we are talking about 5-6 percent if someone went all defensive from the moment the slider was introduced, which is unlikely that anyone did that because no one realized the implications for a week or so. your whole argument is trash

when you have someone that can take advantage of defensive time telling you your arguement is trash, then it is trash......