[VC] New Characters Now Available - Cloudwalker, Demigod and Songweaver!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 26, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Cloudwalker

Through millennia of wanderings, the Cloudwalker has learned more about our land than even the Gods. The darkest depths, the ceiling of the heavens, the most remote corners of the Nine Worlds, no realm is barred to the Cloudwalker.

Faster Energy and Income regeneration (than its contemporary in the level 100 tier).

+3% more Gold in Adventure
    -1% on Hoard Deposit Fee
    -1% on Adventure Energy requirement

cloud walker.jpg

Demigod

The Demigod was once a mere mortal, but through legendary prowess on the battlefield, they have been brought into the fold of the Gods, their accomplishments to ring for all time.

Faster Energy and Stamina regen (than its contemporary in the level 100 tier).

+0.25% power boost while Attacking and Defending (PvP only, not bosses)
    -1% on Adventure Energy requirement

demigod.jpg

Songweaver

Legends say the Songweaver bears a voice sweeter than the Gods'. But none who've heard it have ever lived to tell, for the Songweaver sings only in battle.

Faster Stamina and Income regen (than its contemporary in the level 100 tier).

+0.25% power boost while Attack and Defending (PvP only, not bosses)
    +1.5% more Gold in Adventures
    -1% on Hoard Deposit Fee

songweaver.jpg

*These characters unlock at level 1850 for 175 FP and come with three unique items.

Rhonda likes this.
  2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

a long wait and a lot of fps for for a very slight increase after purchasing any of these, extremely disappointing. cant wait to get one

3. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch this may be a stupid question but the 0.25% boost on attack and defence is that from personal layout or attack/defence from were you add skill points

Richie rich likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@bully thor The attack boost for the Demigod works the same way as the Berserker Boosts, if that answers your question. :)

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so if a person that has the demigod attacks another with the demigod it becomes pretty pointless lol

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I noticed how the cloud walker looks like the pathfinder but has attributes of skald

demigod looks like the bless thane but has attributes of pathfinder

last but not least songweaver has a resemblance to the skald but has attributes of bless thane...

nitpicking on ya there kano.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I suppose any improvement is a good thing and worth the price if your in it for the long haul...over time the price will be recouped...That is if your at or near the level the character becomes available. If a player is far in excess of the level the character becomes available than the benefits are greatly reduced in the sense that they missed out on thousands of levels or years worth of their additional benefit. If all things are equal in the long run there is way more benefit for the cost if you are closer to level eligibility of each new character class. At the very least I would think that the cost of these new characters should be prorated for players much higher in level or tenure.

These newest characters cost 175 FP/UN.....sure wish I was still at level 1850....I could level up enough in a day or 2 to earn the FP/UN needed to purchase one and the benefit would be greater. At my current level and the XP needed to level it will take me a whole lot longer to earn that kind of FP?UN which will even minimize the benefit even more. I suppose I could just purchase FP?UN but that would further lengthen the amount of time it would take for these new characters to pay for themselves. With the lack of new content and the limits/restriction imposed on higher level I just cant see how its a viable option for me at this point. Weird considering how long Ive played and donated to this game that new content like this would benefit those who've played less and done less more. Do I feel slighted? Sure as hell do....but then again....some thing never change....why should they now.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, as I have a new character, I will chime in, too.
    Lesser regen time for Energy: Yay
    Lesser regen time for money: Yay
    Recycled artwork: who cares, but possibly a "Really?"
    Less cash lost when hoarding: pointless
    Less Energy spent for adventures: Yay
    Others who are several 1000 levels below me can potentially get the same boons: Was bound to happen, at least it doesn't start at level 1000, still a bit annoying.
    The price: Well, I'm in the habit of hoarding FP's anyway, due to my hobby of collecting an amazon brigade, so I managed to gather the missing points rather quickly. But for those who don't share this habit and are over level 3000 or 4000, have fun with level grinding. I almost pity them.

Also, what Polish said is true, people starting now or reaching the threshold just now will profit far more from this than those who have long passed it. The least gains in the long run are had by the Demigods, then the Songweaver, then the Cloud Walker. I suppose I can always pray that my enemies use Songweavers and Cloud Walkers. Then again at the high levels the thing you really need is money, and having a big income become even bigger is always a must. Also, the lower levels need to build to the numbers the older players have staked out, if you invest even more now, they'll have to catch up to ever increasing numbers. Done right the income disparity may even increase.

Also, adventure drops, due to the fact that most of them become obsolete pretty quickly and the old players being forced to repeat their latest adventures ad nauseam while newer players will never be forced to do them as excessively as the older players did them, there might be benefits for the older players to be had there. After all, the quicker, newer players will most likely come running with a comparably weak loadout and get the thrashing of the century for that.

Also the cash gained from adventures doesn't really amount to that much. I estimate, and this is my worst case scenario, that at most 500T coins more would have been gained, had those characters been around longer. I don't know about others, but I consider that compared to the money I have already made and invested peanuts.

All in all I love the feature, sure there are things I don't really like, but as the old saying goes, making everyone universally happy is impossible. I think it's a good feature and some creative thinking will most likely help seeing useful approaches there. After all, shouldn't it be very satisfying to see someone rising like a shooting star, just to watch them fizzle out when they realize they don't have the loadout/income to compete?

9. polishpimp

Good Post Beil.....although theres a couple of things I dont really agree with.

Also, adventure drops, due to the fact that most of them become obsolete pretty quickly and the old players being forced to repeat their latest adventures ad nauseam while newer players will never be forced to do them as excessively as the older players did them, there might be benefits for the older players to be had there. After all, the quicker, newer players will most likely come running with a comparably weak loadout and get the thrashing of the century for that.

I dont see the potential benefit for the older players. But then again we have had a diff set of circumstances. Players like me have had to do what u said..."repeat their latest adventures ad nauseam" with ever world from muspell and beyond. Myself and others were not afforded the luxury of knowing what lay beyond the next corner, we are left to guess what adventure or boss drops might be used for crafting which often times results in amassing a whole lot of worthless crap. Those coming up through the ranks can simply focus on all the now known good adventure/boss drops and amass much more of the quality items.

Also the cash gained from adventures doesn't really amount to that much. I estimate, and this is my worst case scenario, that at most 500T coins more would have been gained, had those characters been around longer. I don't know about others, but I consider that compared to the money I have already made and invested peanuts.

Once again are circumstances are a bit different in that my income was always ahead of the curve and Im also a higher level. But even using your example of 500t.....thats a pretty significant amount....had u invested that coin along the way it would be far more than than your example of 500t by the time u got to where u are now. Imagine what it would have done for me.

The same holds true for the other faster regeneration times for stam and energy as well. the more stam and energy one has the more coin they will have earned and "now known quality drops" gained. Again....had that been done correctly....how much more would that be?

I also cant help but wonder how much extra stamina or energy I would have earned in the time it took me to get from level 1850 to nearly 12k . Thats extra energy or stamina that i never had at those levels......to have had as much as will be available to them now...i would have had to purchase it with FP/UN. Cant say Im thrilled that that others can now do the same but for cheaper.

The speed in which one can level at the lesser levels is also something to note. The speed in which the cost of the new characters can be recouped is much quicker and they can start start reaping the benefits sooner. I cant help but wonder if the price of these new characters vs some of the benefits of them will ever really be recouped at my level

I also dont agree that less cash lost when hoarded is "pointless". Ive hoarded crazy amounts of coin since I was level 1850. Heck....Ive deposited more than 10 quad on numerous occasions. The amount i would have saved is easily in the quadrillions. Once again thats coin I could have invested and would have....thats what I do. So how much more potential coin have i lost That others will not have to?

The more and more i think about it....the more I realize how screwy it is for players like myself.....its really rather sickening....lol

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  10. Das liebe Beil

Well, to the adventure drops, as far as I know a new location gives the appropriate Blacksmith items rather quickly, too. And how many adventure drops on the higher levels can be crafted at the moment? Furthermore, do you still use crafted items from, let's say, Asgard Godly Trials? Boss Drops excepted.

Sure, the money, if invested, might have given nice boons, if you had it all at once. In reality it would have been spread on 10k levels, thus not making the same impact it would have had, had you gotten it all at once. Spread thin it becomes a neglectable amount for each level. 50B at most for each level. Most likely less. Sorry, but this is not a figure that has real impact, some decent bounties more than make up for this.

I'm not touching the energy/stam/cash possibly gained, otherwise I'll have a coronary. Let's leave it at "Better don't think too much about it, you'll only get stark raving mad." It's been close to three years since I reached level 1850, I think, lets go with 1001 days, so I can calculate easier. 143 weeks x 240 income = 34320 rounds of income. 143 weeks x 252 income = 36036 round of income. Excuse me while I scream in incoherent rage. Too angry for words. I'm not bothering with possible energy/stam gains, let's leave it at "I can't be bothered to estimate the numbers and I'm already close to heart failure from income alone."

Yes, in the long run the boons for the late arrivals will amount to quite a bit, but I think that the older players can still use the whole thing better. Most players have no real idea as to how to invest, even with faster income they will still screw it up.

Also, most smaller players have learned everything they know from the older players. But did we teach them everything we know? I think not, some things stayed tips for small circles of players. Giving all secrets away is a bad idea after all. It will demand some adapting to overcome the boons for the lower levels, but there were other, far wider reaching changes and we adapted.

11. polishpimp

@ Kano

Will the benefits of the new characters piggy back one another ? Or are the benefits and or drawbacks based on our original characters numbers? Basically would it be beneficial to own all of them? To obtain maximum benefit would we need to own them all?

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As of right now the characters don't stack or build on top of each other.

13. polishpimp

Ok, ty.

Now for the next questions. Seeing how we have to purchase these new characters and that they have diff pros and cons why dont we get to keep all the past ones weve purchased? At this point if a player has purchased one of the the latest new characters( Level1850) and one of the other characters(100) then they should have a total of 3 characters they should be able to pick n choose from. If they dont stack then they arent necessarily an upgrade they are completely separate purchases. In addition....shouldnt a player be able to buy all 3 of the new characters and have all of them available to them? Still only to use one at a time...but able to swap them out whenever they want. Shouldnt the same be true for the ones that will be coming out for the higher levels as well?

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's an excellent question and one that we'll be looking to address hopefully before we release the next batch of characters!

15. Das liebe Beil

I for one am definitely in favor of being able to switch between characters I bought. After all, I already spent FPs on the character, I don't want to have to spend FP's again, should I desire to use a character I already used again.

16. polishpimp

A concern that I have is the uncertainty of it all. We know there are new characters for higher levels coming out but we dont know when. We have no idea what the pros and cons of each character might be or even the cost. Why should I buy one of these currently available characters not knowing if a better one will be released tomorrow or next year? At the same time again not knowing when these new characters will be released am I losing a days benefit or a years worth of benefit if I dont buy one now? 175 FP/UN is a considerable amount. If a better character comes out in short order I would essentially be throwing away that 175 fp/un. This is no big deal for a player that is at or around level 1850 as they have a long ways to go before they are even eligible for the next set of characters but the same does not hold true for those of us that have exceeded the level requirements. So not only are the highest of levels being screwed by the fact we didnt have the current ones available when we were at those lower levels we get to gamble our FP/UN due to a total lack of info. You shouldnt of released any of the new characters until all of them were ready to go so that we could have made an informed decision on how to use our FP/UN. Im really getting tired of the highest levels always being the ones getting the short end of the stick.

Another concern is the cost....is the price going to go up with each new one? Doesnt seem like it should .....why should a level 10k pay more than a level 1850? I cant imagine that the limited items are going to be all that different . The higher levels also level slower due to the massive increase of XP needed to level , so any benefit tied to leveling would be far less than others. nOt to mention...the price of 175 fp can easily be had in short order and for free at lower levels than it can at the much higher levels. The combination of this and a lack of any benefit from previous character classes is anything but fair.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Any updates on when new characters are going to be released?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Not yet, but I'll let the developers/creative team know that there's interest. :)

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Its been already 4 months since they where released, but now we can make an idea how long we must wait until the last ones comes out. 1.5 - 2 years?

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'd say two years at maximum :)

In all seriousness however, we're looking to move up the timetable for the other characters to maybe (maybe!) get them out within the next few months. We learned a lot of things from the last release which caused us to take the next round of characters back to the drawing board and rethink a few things.