[All] arena participation idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This idea is for games that lack significant participation numbers.

A community member (KuraiKiller) from a ZS thread that was discussing arena participation numbers had what I think is a great suggestion.

How about all active accounts automatically be entered into the arena so participation numbers go way up. The arena is already set up to last 3 days if need be. The arena and regular games are completely separate so there wouldnt be any negative impact on ones main game as a result of anything that went on in the arena. The accounts could be given random names so anonymity would be protected.

Players that join on their own would still get XP for entering. All those that didnt join on their own would automatically be entered say 1 hour before the arena and get no XP for entering. If the owner of an auto entered account decided they wanted to play after the fact they could simply go to the arena and do what they think they gotta do.

I suppose they could do this with the inactive or banned accounts much like "god bounties" instead of active accounts. I suppose that in some games on some platforms there might simply be to many accounts to make this realistic....in that case how about a predetermined number of participants? For examples sake....Put a cap on the number of arena participants , lets just toss out a number ......3000. 500 join on their own which leaves a balance of 2500. The remaining slots could be filled randomly with active or inactive accounts.

How many players havent ever even tried the arena? How many players have tried it but found participation numbers so low that they found themselves either having to ride it out in defensive stance or dead in short order before they even got a shot at few levels? Maybe if a player signs on and finds that they are actually still alive they might want to actually try it out. Thats what the folks at Kano are all about right? Wanting players to try more things and play more right? Its not as if therewould be anything detrimental that would happen to these auto entered accounts....they might even wake up to find theyve ranked and got rewards.

Ive never been a fan of inactive accounts in the arena and this would undoubtedly add more....but in light of the addition of the multiple attack slider, a drop in player participation and Kano failing to scale back defensive stance times to better reflect the current duration of the arena I think this would be a good idea in that it will allow active players more opportunity to actually gain something from an arena. We might actually get to see the rewards go up as well considering they are suppose to correlate with the number of participants.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1 star.

If someone doesnt want in thats there FREE WILL.

I thought Kano was bad but this pimp this is dead wrong.

Desperate much?

If anything Kano should add a back out option if someone changes there mind.

Im sure it can get coded where if someone wanted to back out the exp would get taken back.

i know ya want numbers up but this is not only dead wrong it also will have more inactives than ever before.

thought ya was against promoting inactivity?

This thread should get locked immediately as your trying to take away free will.

who cares if it dont impact a players personal game profile?

if they didnt enter it was for a reason.

maybe they dont wanna be free exp...but thats part of your intent.

stop being selfish for once bout the arena and give it a break.

stop coming up with ridiculous ways to counter the slider...oops thats your goal.

defense time...yep i know what your up to.

not fooling me one bit.

selfish and i hope kano realizes this and says rejected.

some dont enter simply cause they dont wanna be exp for you.

3. ben

ben Active Member

did you miss your meds this morning pimp?? wow...a 1 star from me...taking away someones free will..new low for you pimp...

break out the ball and chain for everyone in the game..really now...

4. polishpimp

Its all about whats good for the game. Free will has nothing to do with it as there would be zero impact. Apparently you missed the part where I suggested they could also do this with inactive/banned accounts....very much like god bounties? Not really a free will issue then now is it?

IF u want to talk about free will then go chime in my old thread I just "bumped" about not being able to sell off our empire.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

apparently you missed the part about not wanting to be free exp so yes IT IS FREE WILL.

i got a name im not gonna say but you are taking away FREE WILL.

6. polishpimp

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But for the record....Every part of these games is regulated in some way and people dont have a choice in many things. Besides....if they did this with abandoned or banned accounts they wouldnt be getting free XP...so there goes that argument.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp they dont wanna be exp for YOU.

You know if i couldnt make pc arena thats a big reward..

Stop trying to twist the game to favor you cause thats all this is.

it would throw the game way out of balance and any idea how many would complain to kano bout being forced entered.

for once stop being selfish..the slider and d time need to b left alone and players need to have free choice.

and adding inactive frozen accounts would throw the arena off balance.

some alts were frozen right after a arena...we really want alot of dead alts in there...

maybe thats another goal of yours....

point is changing how one enters the arena and dead accounts would just throw everything off.

selfishness will get u no where....

only a recipe to drive away players.

8. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LOL, there are lots of pages where polish tells to kano how unfair is that we have less and less control over our accounts.... and now he wants one more thing taken away. Next great idea: on every opponents profile lets put a heal button, so we can heal and attack him non-stop when when we have time. definitively 1 star

9. polishpimp

care to explain how adding more accounts to the arena "throw things off" ?

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thank you.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

against free will mean anything??

throwing alts in that were frozen....

obviously they were frozen as some entered em in arena to help get a unfair edge...

throws everything way out of balance...

12. polishpimp

How cute that u failed to notice the HUGE difference. This idea would not affect players in any negative fashion as the arena has no bearing on the regular game. If they used abandoned or frozen accounts where is the "control" issue?

This idea is completely unlike other ideas Ive fought against that take choice away from players control over their account. Not being able to sell off ones empire for example. That limits what a player can or cant do with their account. With this current idea a player wouldnt ever even know they were in the arena unless they went and looked and even then....ZERO consequence.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

not effect negative??

WRONG.

they would be exp against there will to those in the arena and allow players to gain a edge so dont dare say no negative.

14. polishpimp

LMAO....thats what I figured....you cant explain yourself....pretty typical coming from you. Abandoned or frozen accounts dont have any will so there is no "free will " argument.

What difference would it make why they were frozen? How could they be used as an "edge"? They names would be anonymous....no one would even know what accounts they were. they wouldnt know if they were active accounts or frozen accounts.

Once again I ask.....please explain how it would throw anything out of balance.....if ya can that is....lol. So adding 1k inactive accounts would be somehow different than 1k new players joining and remaining inactive? So when we use to have a lot more participants the arena was out of balance? FB has way more participants than kanoplay/MS.....so their arena is outta balance? You are a funny guy!

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Just like the defense threads ill let the rating speak for itself.

16. polishpimp

XP is a negative? LMAO....isnt that the whole idea? How is 1k frozen accounts different than 1k accounts that enter that simply choose to be inactive?

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

they dont want to give you exp....damn you cant see past your own nose.

18. polishpimp

OH good....I was tired of u making claims you couldnt back up

19. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

I personally think it's a great idea, although I came up with it, so I am biased.

Why would anyone be against this, exactly? If you do not participate, you lose NOTHING, you gain NOTHING, you wouldn't even know you were in the Battle Arena unless you actually click to open it up. It's not as if anyone is being screwed over by anything.

By saying you are taking away their "free will" by auto joining them into the BA is like saying that them being placed on the fight list is taking away their "free will", or being able to find a players link on the Leaderboard to be hitlisted is taking away their "Free Will".

The idea is ONLY to help make the BA last longer and be more enjoyable. Possibly even allow for late comers to actually do something. I personally miss the start of the BA at times, and have no way of catching up at all, given that it only lasts 3 hours or so now, instead of the 8+ it did before the 3 stamina attacks.

20. polishpimp

An abandoned or frozen account doesnt care or want anything....theres nobody there. That might be the goofiest thing youve ever said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.