[VC] Battle Arena Defensive Mode

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Demonik1, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the people with higher defensive numbers will earn more of it faster not to exceed what their current max dmode time is. im not saying take it away or to give people like myself with low defense the same dmode time as someone like fielding. im just saying it shouldn't be automatic. people that cant make it on time can start in dmode and if theyre inactive should receive a percentage of their full time or something like that. im just saying that inactivity should be frowned upon, not rewarded in ANY way. its called BATTLE arena, not shield arena or am I mistaken? is everyone afraid to fight? has this become coward clan? if you don't want to fight then don't join. all you hiders should stay hidden....effin pathetic if you ask me and anyone that votes this ideal solution down is exactly that, a pathetic coward afraid to battle in a BATTLE arena

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Wow, all that anger over a game, really? Good thing for me it is a game, Oh and I don't even like the arena although alot of my clan and enemies do . lol good thing I did not vote here, I sure would not want to be called a pathetic coward.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

No disrespect Linda but I dont think u totally get what Im trying to say. The arena has changed...player count has dropped off significantly from what it once was and with the addition of the multi attack slider arenas are only lasting a fraction of the time they once did. This gives defense heavy accounts a huge advantage in that they can now ride out the entire arena. There is no skill nor luck involved with that .....its simply an oversight by Kano that they failed to consider oradjust when the arena was drastically shortened.

Players in defensive stance are not a viable target for active players to hit....the attacking player takes much more damage than the player in Defensive stance and its impossible for the active player to recover the health they will lose from attacking and killing a player in Def stance regardless of what their kill reward is. To attack a player in def. stance is basically arena suicide....the only real option is to sit and around and twiddle ones thumbs until they come out of Def. one by one. WOOOOOHOOO..... THATS WHAT I CALL AN "EPIC BATTLE TO THE DEATH" lol.

Another thing that happens when there is 1/2 to 2/3 rds of the players that are completely inactive and start the arena in def stance is that it really doesnt allow for the majority of active players to have much fun or do what they want to do...BE ACTIVE! With the majority being in defensive mode active players are in the minority and become prime real estate and they get killed off very quickly before the bulk of inactives. I suppose it could be argued that the active players could go into def. stance as well but then they become inactive as well.. and it becomes even more of a "hurry up n wait" game....OH JOY! lol. For the most part with the majority of players being inactive it basically boils down to the ones that have best defense last the longest and the rest of the order is determined by how much def everyone else has. All the while the minority of actives sit around and pluck em off as they come out of defense. Not exactly a battle bonanza. Its been argued that it wouldnt be fair for players that cant make it on time, ok...but how is it fair for active players that show up on time but dont have the time to sit around for hours and wait out all those in defense mode? The whole idea of the arena is suppose to be this huge epic battle but what it has become is anything but with players entering with no intent of ever swinging an axe. THE WHOLE IDEA of the arena is for PVP players....players can sit around and do nothing in the regular game...why ruin the experience for the actual PVP type players?

My suggestion does not rob anybody of their def. stance. It allows ample opportunity for players to show up a lil late. Not to be a prick but who cares if something comes up and a player cant make it? Stuff happens....its not the end of the world and it has no effect on their main game..."no harm no foul" Why do players even sign up so early? Why not wait and sign up right before an arena starts? That way if something comes up....no big deal...they werent even entered. But all that really isnt the point....the point is that because of the low player count and the multi attack slider the arena now promotes an environment that is much more defensive friendly. So of course the majority are going to go with the odds and just sit in def and hope for a free payday. The current arena promotes inactivity. 90% of the players entered might as well toss a number in a hat and hope for a lucky draw. The other 10 percent can sit around and wait till the raffle is over and hope the raffle didnt give away the #1 spot again.

Being booted out of defensive stance is not a guarantee of being killed. Even today it still happens that players seem to fall into a cyber crack somewhere and dont show up until the end basically untouched. Ive even seen the player with the best kill reward in our game magically not appear to anyone until we had made it to the top 25 or so. I also see players with all ranges of kill rewards make it near the end while sitting in D stance. If this idea were implemented its still very likely that inactives with unattractive kill rewards would still make it a long ways....just like they did when participation numbers were up and there was no such thing as the multiple attack slider.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LOL well not to be a prickette , I just went and entered all the arenas in all four games, and have no idea if I will be playing and I even found a real cool name to use, but seriously alot of the time, when I do even bother with the arena, like I said I usually have enough fighting in the regular game , sometimes too much, very time consuming with the hours I work, so for me the arena is not a priority, so good luck with your ideas, and if Kano feels that if someone is inactive and they fiddle around with def mode, I won't prob even bother anymore. Not a big deal one way or the other for me., I just had an opinion and I stated it. In the PC arena( which is my main game)the numbers have not really gone down, at least not that I have noticed, seems pretty stable numbers to me, the same people usually play and new ones all the time who have reached the level to join.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
  5. ben

ben Active Member

being in defense mode is strategy like it or not... worked wonders 2 arenas ago on kps2 vc arena when a inactive won it... its a strategy...irritating as it is its effective.. sorry but its legit...

it really is a 1 star all the way around.. sorry bout ya luck on hating to wait for free exp... dont want d mode players up in ranks... im sure ya know how to make that happen.. but i know ya wont...
    to award additional unearned d time to someone that hasnt built for it is simply absured... for someone that dont like givin handouts this is a unjust handout all the way around..

6. polishpimp

lmao @ "prickette" (very cute). I hear ya Linda ...we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I had the Kano play games in mind when discussing this...the numbers are dreadful...especially in PC. Until next time...Take care!

7. polishpimp

its not strategy to do nothing. The arena two weeks ago when the highest level player in the game won with out even swinging their axe is a a complete and utter embarrassment for Kano and its arena.

Ide comment on your second paragraph but ive no clue what your trying to say

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. ben

ben Active Member

read what the thread is about

9. Demonik1

well apparently understanding English isn't your strong point so i'll try to translate for you....people no get more d mode than they have now, they have to earn their max d mode by being active....no active= 1/3 of max d mode time.... you get now?

10. ben

ben Active Member

so your saying that if you go on a paid vacation you should only get a third of the pay instead of the full amount? you would be happy being screwed out of the 2/3rds your entitled to?

11. polishpimp

there is one big difference you seem to have forgotten...when Kano did all their calculations for things such as how much def stance a player got depending on how much defense that player had ...the arena only had 1 attack per and lasted waaaaay longer. Even players with the most defensive stance couldnt stay in defensive stance for even a 1/3 of the arena. Now with the 3 attack slider it cut the time of the arena on average by 2/3 allowing players to remain in D stance most if not all the arena. D stance is the only arena attribute measured in time....when the length of the arena was drastically altered due to the attack slider the amount of time in dstance should have been adjusted as well. That means across the board...not just those with high defense. The alternative is to rid the arena of the multiple attack slider or to make it correspond to the actual numbers of participants. Not adjusting it drastically changed the face of the arena putting way to much of an emphasis on Defense which is in complete contradiction to what Kano said about the arena favoring balanced builds....at this point its anything but!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  12. ben

ben Active Member

its not about the slider.. your throwing in things this thread isnt even about... lets stick to the topic at hand please

13. Demonik1

nope, never said anything closely resembling vacation time and amount paid for it. im talking about promoting activity in a BATTLE arena that currently promotes the opposite. the numbers ive stated were merely an example. im not a dev and have nothing to do with kano or how they come up with numbers for anything. make the number whatever, fill in the blank...im just saying that the BATTLE arena is pretty much anything but that. why make it so that its easier to do nothing than to actually play? is everyone blind to the fact that its supposed to be a battle???????????????????? you can ask anyone that knows me, I could care less where I finish in it, I just like to battle and I find it fun when theres a lot of activity. the only reason I ever finish in the top 10 is because friends want me to, not because I expect it or want it...except for this past arena, I actually asked for 3rd for the fp reward to get a limited weapon. beyond that ive asked to be taken out when my stams are gone plenty of times. long story short, when something's broken you fix it. the arena is currently broken and needs fixing. nuff said

14. ben

ben Active Member

its not broken.. defense mode is there for a reason.. strategy.. annoying but its strategy.. those with high defense time earned it.. to rob them of time earned is very much taking away earned pay.. just because you dont agree with something doesnt mean loophole.. just means smart players with high defense have extra defense time because thats how they built.. its not wrong.. its not a loophole
    it is strategy.. plain and simple strategy.. if someone has 5 hours of defense time then they should be able to use the full defense time all at once even if they dont attack or just get 100 in...

they have earned that 5hrs and to say they can only use a part of it because they havent attacked is just wrong.. if they dont BATTLE, they only get rewarded for rank 50..sorry if you disagree with it but it is a legit strategy.. where in the rules does it say you must attack? where in the rules does it say you cant just set d stance and not play? where does it say all this? it doesnt.. to change this now would be dead wrong..and to allow active players regain defense time faster is wrong as well.. they should have to wait the full amount of the recharge time like everyone else.. no one should be handed anything that they havent earned.. does inactive players earn where they rank? yes because they built there defense time.. dont have patience then inactives earn where they rank at so yes im in full disagreement with this...

my words you got me writing a book like pimp...

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually BEN before people ;( arena took to long. Arena was fine, the slider I think was to speed up process. "Why" I have no fecking clue seemed fine, now get all this BS post's about def players, I for 1 don't really give a chit, but should put it back to 1 stam "no slider for 1 arena each game" and get feedback.

EDIT: Every one knows with slider, turn your head dead in .5 secs (not in def mode FB VC) Only game I play.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  16. Demonik1

I didn't say ANYWHERE that actives should recharge faster, maybe youre not understanding what im saying. im saying that EVERYONES dmode time should be earned through arena battling, if you don't battle then you don't need dmode. im not saying I should be able to earn more than what I already have, im saying I should have to fight to have it at all. health has to be earned by attacking and killing, why shouldn't the defense of that health be earned as well? its not taking away what higher defensive minded people have put into their account. the arena is a separate feature of the game and many aspects of it differ from the game so its hard to compare whats been earned and what hasn't. youre stating rules and questioning where does it say this and that and honestly I don't give 2 sh*ts what it says or where it says it. I like to have fun when playing any game and more activity in the arena=more fun, its as simple as that and im all for anything that will promote more activity and this idea will do exactly that. is it really THAT big a deal? why not try it out for a couple arenas and see how it goes? if its a complete failure and everybody hates it then they can change it back...no harm, no foul

17. Demonik1

OR have alternating arenas, no slider then the next one with slider

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Try 1 VC only game play and get feedback

19. ben

ben Active Member

thing is though the d time is already earned by how one built.. to have to earn something already earned is like saying ok you earned a vacation but you cant take until you done this...dead wrong d time is earned.. i know what this is about.. dont like how inactives can get fair ranks while actives can fall early.. sorry bout the actives luck but thats the chance they take.. inactives are only using what they earned and yes it is earned..to change this now WOULD warrant a skill point reallocation as what was once legit would be taken away and be a drastic change on ones game

20. ben

ben Active Member

the slider isnt what this thread is about... kano already said its staying at 3.. why beat a dead horse? deader than dead.. let it rest in piece already...