Limit on Gifts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deblovscats1, Mar 31, 2013.

?

Would you like the Limit on Gifts Raised?

1. YES

76.9%
  2. NO

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

There is one problem likely not addressed. If others can send 150, and they do, you are going to receive again more gifts than u can send, especially if you are a decent viking of the helpful sort as I know you are. In a years time, we are back here? To me gifts are nice gestures but are also special as items in themselves to the game. Reading pimps remarks have me nearer the fence as i face energy levellers who would love 60-70 more gifts a day, for the extra say 50 they can give. Seems like a vicious circle to me. I do vote niceness though personally, i can't use any gifts at the moment. I am giving my max daily nevertheless.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

for the most part i gift to get gifts as needed for smithing but i still prefer to regift people that gift me, i hate not being able to at times

3. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Just out of my own curiosity - why are we spending so much time talking about gifting? I voted NOOOOOOOOOOOO for raising the gift limit in the poll. Gifting takes too much time.

4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

And it seems that I'm being horribly outvoted. Oh well - such is life.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Lol...I'll try this again.

Do we know for a fact that it had no detrimental effect? Im not asking because I think it did....merely because it keeps getting tossed out there as if its a known fact.....one that Im apparently not privy to. Also important to note....as mentioned on numerous previous occasions...Player count was much higher then than it is currently so an increase in gifts back then would seem to have made more sense than an increase now when player count has taken a huge dive and is much lower now than it was then

Your comment about crafting becoming more expensive is absolutely true....but this being known prior to only goes to make my point even more valid does it not? If newer players or newly invigorated lower level players who would have the additional benefit of more gifts earlier on than all those who proceeded them would certainly know they would need to increase their income and be afforded much more opportunity to increase said income while they were stockpiling gifts for future blacksmithing. A luxury no afforded all those that preceded them.

6. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

OK, Please tell me exactly what bad effects there were when it was raised from 50 to 100 Gifts, Other than making the people who don't like to gift upset that is.

The fact remains that there are many people who have the same problem as me, I cannot return all the gifts I receive. I am not asking for a huge increase, and I am not asking to be able to double gift someone in the same day when I receive more than 1 gift from 1 person.

You keep bringing up..... "If newer players or newly invigorated lower level players who would have the additional benefit of more gifts earlier on than all those who proceeded them would certainly know they would need to increase their income and be afforded much more opportunity to increase said income while they were stockpiling gifts for future blacksmithing. A luxury no afforded all those that preceded them."

In the first place, anyone just starting to play the game already has more to work with than you or I did when we started playing. I already had more when I first started playing than you did because the game keeps changing as far as additions are being added. And I certainly hope it changes more because we need a LOT more Empires/Lands added! And with that comes more Blacksmithing changes & so on.

Personally, I am confident enough in my own abilities to stay ahead of anyone just coming into the game or already in the game & if they level up fast, I still don't care because I will still have more no matter how you look at it. As far as "saving' Gifts & saving up coins so they will be able to afford all the crafting they will have to do with all those saved up Gifts, they will have to spend a lot of real dollars in order to do all that crafting and if they do, then so be it, I still don't care.

I personally don't care if someone just coming into the game has more opportunities than I did when I just started. I am still confident that I can give them a run for their money! LOL

And the only reason there are "No" Votes is because they don't want to be bothered with having to return more Gifts.

You are making this far more complicated than it really is. I am asking for a increase in the amount of Gifts I can return to the people who send me a gift. If it was just 1 or 2 people who didn't get one back I wouldn't worry about it. But when 15 to 25 or more people do not get a gift returned to them SOMETHING is wrong!

7. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, I can see Polish's point. I started a baby viking on Kong. I know exactly what I want/need to craft, I know which gifts I need, I know the prices and I consider myself a fairly experienced investor when it comes to increasing my income. The end result is, that I can craft far more easily now than I could back when the blacksmith was first introduced. Also, it helps me considerably with making my account better.

A higher gift count, while I will continue to consider it a nice boon, will always allow people who know what to do with those gifts, what to stockpile and what not, a considerable advantage. An advantage older players didn't have. They explored the game, found strategies and made mistakes from which they learned, the newcomers use the knowledge accumulated in years to become stronger than those that came before them more easily. And it's simply a fact that it's far more easy to strengthen a lower leveled account compared to a higher leveled account. And if the ones that explored the game get fed up, because they see time and again how they may look forward to a big fat nothing while lower levels are, especially compared to their early experiences, coddled and showered with shiny new toys, it makes the decision to simply say "Screw this, I'm outta here."

Also, on Kanoplay as well as on Kong, there are about 400 active players (as seen in the World Bosses), 100 gifts is plenty for both networks. I admit that it's different on fb, so maybe an increase for gifts on fb alone would be the best middle way here.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

For me having close to 2,000 clan in PC, prob 1,500 in VC , less in the other games, I also do not want to be gifting more than I do now, no matter how I slice it someone will be left out, so I catch them the next time around, I do not keep track of who I gift, or who gifts me , that would drive me over the edge , lol I just return going down the list when I reach 100 I stop and do not collect anymore so this way I can send them the next day starting with those . I have never in my years playing kano games have anyone say to me anything like "you never send me a gift" lol some days I do not even have the time to collect and or send, but I try, it is a chore for sure and one part of the game I do not want to feel obligated to do. I never feel like I am being shortchanged.

9. polishpimp

With all due respect....your opening remarks of this reply speaks volumes as to how much u r actually trying to understand my point. Thats certainly your prerogative but Im thinking you would have a far better chance of swaying ones opinion or even having someone take your argument seriously if you gave them the slightest notion u were actually taking what they said into consideration rather than apparently thinking of nothing other than how to refute something they said rather than just dismissing it with out making an effort to understand it. If u would be so kind as to re-read my first 2 sentences of my first full paragraph of my reply that u quoted...perhaps u will understand that I never said nor even implied that the original increase from 50 to 100 was some how detrimental. Why u would be asking me to explain something I never stated is beyond me.

Im making this to complicated? Not hardly....I have zero effect on how complicated things are or arent. In my opinion its your lack of understanding or belief that an update such as this would have lil or no affect elsewhere thats the problem. Its simply just not as easy peasy as u think and it will affect the game...maybe not today..but certainly down the line which makes it even worse in my book because people such as yourself who dont actually "get it" wont ever see it coming until its too late. Listen...In know way do i think your trying purposely to ruin the game for others....I just dont think u see the big picture of how things actually work in games like this. You can say u dont care about this that and the other but the simple fact your up here debating this would belie that statement. Its great that you are confident in your abilities and all but that really doesnt mean squat when it comes to games like this that are all about hard numbers....the numbers dont lie.

Dont take me wrong here....I dont think for a second that an update such as your proposing here or the many others that have already been implemented that indeed do have a negative affect on long term/higher level players will cause all the lowers level or new players to come rushing up on us overnight. You know as well as I do that reaching the higher levels takes a lot more than what the typical player has to give whether that be time , resources etc etc . But just like u and i...there are others that are just starting out that do have what it takes and if they so choose to apply that and take advantage of things such as this idea and all the others implemented well after the fact they will level way faster and will have become much more powerful than we are currently at a much lesser level. You may "not care" but I certainly do. Why should everything Ive done to this point be diminished by others that had such an easier time of things?

The games will continue to change as they should but there are ways to do this without giving others an advantage others didnt have. For starters Kano needs to catch up with the players that have already exceeded most if not all the current content. With everyday that they dont it gives the willing/dedicated ones who have not yet exceeded the current content an edge.

Real dollars? Anyone that is an uber high level player has either spent a lot of real dollars or cheats....no exceptions. With all the new content and updates that have been added over the years its in fact cheaper to get to where we are than it was for us. Why u think it costs or would costs extra real dollars specifically for crafting is beyond me. Ive never had a hard time keeping up with the cost of crafting and have never donated a penny to Kano specifically to make more money for crafting. I started my second account well before crafting came into being and I never had an issue concerning the coin needed to craft.

Your claim as to "the only reason there are "No" Votes is because they don't want to be bothered with having to return more Gifts." is as ridiculous and as telling as your opening statements. As if you know why others are voting the way they are. Clearly thats not why I voted the way I did. If It was simple as that then why would people even care? Wouldnt it be easier to just not send gifts back if they didnt want to despite how many they have at their disposal? Or is that to complicated?

So what happens when this addition 50 gifts is not enough? Another 50? Of all the players that actually play these games.....what percentage of them even reach the current limit of 100? Is it enough that its worth taking away from those that pushed Kano(the ones who care anyways) to add all the new content that all the lesser levels enjoy today? With all the things that have been added over the years (thanks to the higher levels)that make things easier cheaper and faster for everyone isnt it about time Kano concentrate on the players that are sitting around at the end with no new content? What makes something that u deem so inconsequential like the amount of gifts more important than that? After all...was it not u that said u rarely comment in the forums? Apparently for someone who doesnt care ....it was important enough to suggest the idea above all else

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

wow lol this is some serious thought over some gifts ;p i dont care what the limit is, 50, 100, 1000...i just want to be able to return the favor when i receive one...i have a huge clan and an awesome one at that and i receive my limts worth of return gifting way too quickly, i cant help that i feel bad if i cant gift back because of some stupid limit

11. polishpimp

Personally....I like the fact we have to make a choice of who and who doesnt get a gift returned due to the limit. Its just one of them choices we actually get to make that may or may not have consequences. You know how some people get all butt hurt over the little things...why not gifts as well? Choice and consequence make these games fun...take away another choice and it puts us one step closer to Auto pilot mode. These games already herd in one direction or the other enough....I say force people to make decisions of their own and let the chips fall where they may.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LMFAO, that is so true.

13. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I have been reading and thinking about this several days now and from what i can tell it doesn't matter what the limit is a player with max amount of chieftains will never be able to return all the gifts because most have over the limit. so why worry about increasing something so trivial when more important things need attention. just my opinion :)

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Larry, I think cause KITTY is boss leveler, she can't keep up on gifts to make herself stronger. Just my 2 cents

15. Deblovscats1

No Matthew you are wrong! I'm not the one crying about it takes too much time to return gifts. And my Strength is just fine & anyone is welcome to test me within my Level Range. I was able to beat you when I was 3000-4000 levels lower than you! LOL You think you know all about me but you don't. So just because you don't like my game play, don't bring it in this subject. Keep your 2 cents, cause your opinion isn't worth it! LOL

As I said at the beginning I just want to return gifts I am sent. You all assume that if the limit is raised that every single one of your Clan is going to send you a gift! It did not happen before when it was raised, so based on that why would it now?

I have over 3500 in my clan and they all do not send me a gift now, it is just certain ones that always send gifts to me.

We all know what ASSUME means and if you don't know send me a message and I will tell you.

16. coolestcool

coolestcool Member

It is clear the reason most want the increase is because they want to be able to return gifts received daily. The truth is that no matter the limit, you can't return every gift you receive daily unless the amount of gifts you can send daily is equal to your clan size or simply put limitless.

There is that possibility of getting a gift from every single active member in your clan in a day. This can be as high as even 300. Hence that excuse of returning every gift is indirectly pointing to making it unlimited. 100 gifts send is ok for a day.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL yeah right, you claim to beat me at 3500-4500 Lvl, try again you were 1k+ levels ahead of me before finally could win.

18. Deblovscats1

With all due respect....You ARE making this more complicated. And I DO know what you are saying, but I just disagree with you. I still say that because inventory becomes obsolete anyone coming up levels is going to run into the same problems we have and will have to start over building their inventory. And you can only do certain things at certain levels, So higher levels will always be ahead of lower levels.

You talk about ...."Its great that you are confident in your abilities and all but that really doesnt mean squat when it comes to games like this that are all about hard numbers....the numbers dont lie."

OK you want to talk about numbers....If a person is going to level on the basis of an average player it is going to take them years & years to get to a high level. And yes, they have all that time to stockpile gifts. But as I stated each level comes with pros & cons. The inventory (Warriors & Weapons) that they have saved up for & crafted are not any use to them at their higher level. So now they have to start all over building stronger inventory. And this happens every so many levels that they have to do this.

And if you are a fast leveler, you have less time to stockpile gifts & inventory. So you reach that level when your inventory isn't any use to you and you have an even shorter amount of time to re-build your inventory back up.

I do agree 100% with you that Kano needs to take care the current Higher Levels. Kano needs to Catch up with the Players.

And as to what you said about..."But just like u and i...there are others that are just starting out that do have what it takes and if they so choose to apply that and take advantage of things such as this idea and all the others implemented well after the fact they will level way faster and will have become much more powerful than we are currently at a much lesser level.?"

The only reason they now would get this idea is because YOU have just given it to them. You are the one who has given anyone these ideas.

MY request was and IS for the Limit on Gifts to be increased by whatever KANO decides to do or not do.

"Your claim as to "the only reason there are "No" Votes is because they don't want to be bothered with having to return more Gifts." is as ridiculous and as telling as your opening statements."

Really???? Maybe not for you but others have made comments that they don't want to be bothered.

Linda proved my point about not wanting to be bothered with more gifts.....

"For me having close to 2,000 clan in PC, prob 1,500 in VC , less in the other games, I also do not want to be gifting more than I do now, no matter how I slice it someone will be left out, so I catch them the next time around, I do not keep track of who I gift, or who gifts me , that would drive me over the edge , lol I just return going down the list when I reach 100 I stop and do not collect anymore so this way I can send them the next day starting with those . I have never in my years playing kano games have anyone say to me anything like "you never send me a gift" lol some days I do not even have the time to collect and or send, but I try, it is a chore for sure and one part of the game I do not want to feel obligated to do. I never feel like I am being shortchanged."

I do not know ANYONE who receives a gift from every single Clan member.

Personally, I only have certain ones who sends me a gift everyday and it is those certain ones that I care about getting a gift returned to them.

19. Deblovscats1

First of all, I did not say at level 3500-4500. What I said was....."I was able to beat you when I was 3000-4000 levels lower than you!"

And I am not wrong when I say that. But I understand why you would want to save face, and that's OK. But you & I know what is really true, you just don't want to admit that I could win against you! LOL But go ahead and save your big bad reputation! LOL

20. Deblovscats1

The possibility? Yes, but the Probability of every Clan member giving you a gift??? I have never had it happen so far.