Limit on Gifts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deblovscats1, Mar 31, 2013.

?

Would you like the Limit on Gifts Raised?

1. YES

76.9%
  2. NO

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Absolutely in agreement with one small addition. I'd like a "send all" button so I don't have to spend half an hour just sending gifts to 250 people.

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Higher gift count? Sure, count me in. Also, making the wishlist bigger would definitely help, collecting gifts for crafting takes forever.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im happy with the gift limit at 100 and dont see the fact that some people run out as a valid reason to increase them. If that was indeed a valid reason then I could think of a lot of other limits that shoued be raised or lifted all together way more than gifts.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Agreed, in fact I have close to 2,000 clan in 2 of the games over 1,000 in another and 500 in another so someone is gonna be left out no matter how you slice it.

5. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Well the fact is, we need Gifts in order to do crafting weapons & warriors. And if the Limit was raised doesn't mean YOU 'HAVE' to send out Gifts up to the limit. And, like Das liebe Beil said, it does take forever to collect gifts to do crafting. I am only trying to return all of the gifts I receive, I never have the option to just send out gifts to this or that person! Everyday a good amount of gifts do not get returned, not because I am too lazy or selfish, but because I reach my limit before I reach the end of the gifts I have received.

And once again today, I received my limit (100 gifts) long before my 24 hrs were up. And granted, I could just let them go to never never land & not receive then, then my conscience would be clear because I would never see who sent the gift, but that's also pretty stupid because I really need the gifts for the Blacksmith! And I just happen to copy & paste every name of every person that I receive gifts from before my 24 hrs in the hope's that I will be able to send one back. I'm just that way.

For the life of me I can't understand why you are fighting against trying to be able to return ALL the gifts given. What if it was you who sent me a gift everyday, 7 days a week but only got 1 or 2 at the most returned in that week because I have to pick & choose who gets to get a gift back? How would you feel? And most of these are from lower levels that really are trying to build up their inventory!

And for us higher levels doing crafting is the ONLY way to get decent inventory that we can actually use in Battle! As it is this game is far behind what it should be, but that's a whole other Topic! LOL

6. polishpimp

Gifting is a courtesy? ummmmm....NO! Gifting is game play that can be used quite effectively to strengthens ones account which makes it a strategy or at the very least a resource. Based on Kano past experience/ stance on things makes it a prime candidate for being limited. More than doubling the amount of gifts is absurd. Too many gifts just like anything else can screw with the balance of the games...like u said yourself...they are used in a lot of crafting and upgrades. I totally disagree with that the number of gifts should keep up with the number of crafting options....all that does is dumb things down. I rather like the fact that players should do their homework and choose wisely...its in part what separates the wiser players from the less wise. Putting the games an auto pilot is as boring as hell! I should want to help the lower levels why? Nearly everything added or done to these games gives the lower levels an edge that nobody coming before them had....why would I want to add to that? Another thing to consider is that many gifts are are limited in regards to the level they can be sent....once again working against the higher levels. Using your logic as it pertains to the proposed increase of gifting limits I would imagine your not opposed to to raising the battle limit or the countless other limits that are in place as well? Or do want to just raise gift limits because this would help your game in particular? Shall we talk about the potential abuse of alts this would create next?

7. Deblovscats1

Yes you say that, but then I could say that the fact that some people are happy with the limit & do not run out is not a valid reason NOT to increase it.

And I am not talking about raising any other limits, just the gifts at this point in time.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I, for one am not fighting about it I just disagree, and if Kano chooses to change it Ok and if not Ok, but this forum is for all opinions and discussions about ideas and one opinion does not sway kano one way or the other. Some seem to be getting angry because everyone is not in agreement. I am easy whichever way it goes . It is up to kano anyway , not me and not you. Once I get to the 100 limit I stop till I can return more, and I return to the players that send to me. I am sure alot do not even send any, I know more players who do not even craft at all or do bosses , they just do bare minimum. I have advised many players the importance of crafting,but some cannot be bothered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  9. polishpimp

Ah...but thats precisely my point. Increasing the number of gift sends while not increasing other limits is not exactly fair now is it? Gifting has a huge role in these games in that they are used to make the most valuable items available. Why should their role be increased while other things are not? In addition....it gives the newer players a huge advantage in that they will be able to amass waaaaay more valuable items right from the get go.

I run out of gift sends nearly every day and have dealt with it since day one...why on earth would i want some rookie to come in and have more than double the opportunity I had? Do u have any idea how huge of an impact that will have for them later in the game? I get the feeling that supporters of this idea did not think it through all the way. Its important to remember that every lil change in these games eventually has a huge impact. The way it stands right now all things are equal ....why mess with that?

10. polishpimp

I think part of the reason that people get angry when others disagree is that either they are selfish and dont care what ever other implications/repercussions their idea might have on other players or the game as a whole....or they are embarrassed when someone points out how lil fore thought they actually put into their idea. I love that the community puts a gazillion new ideas out there but way to often they only look at the upside with no real consideration of the ill affects it might have. Im not slamming on everyone who does this just pointing out that its much easier to come up with great ideas when u dont consider the downside or others.....lol

11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

For the reasons listed above, especially in the last two threads, I am against this idea as well. I do think this is one of those issues that people "pile on" to like without thinking through the ramifications it would have in the game. Besides I like to take the time after I hit the gifting limit to craft. There would be no point of reference since raising the gift limit (especially to 250 or more) would mean none of us would ever hit the ceiling. You would just be sending out gifts continuously and upsetting the balance of the game, especially among the newer players.

12. geff gur

geff gur Member

i receive about 90-95 gifts a day myself.. takes ages to send them all back, and that's using kanoplay which is faster than facebook ever dreamed of being. heck, as long as it's not the way myspace was, i'll be fine either way. i'm happy enough with 100 gifts a day, though.

13. Deblovscats1

Well if that were the case the gifts would never have been increased from 50 to 100! LOL

"why on earth would i want some rookie to come in and have more than double the opportunity I had?"

Oh heaven forbid! LOL I will tell you why, because there are more players & with more players playing things need to change. I may be a "rookie" in this Forum, but not in the game. I just made the choice not to make any comments before, as you can see I have been a member of the the Forum since 2011.

" Its important to remember that every lil change in these games eventually has a huge impact."

What terrible impact would increasing the Gift Limit have on the game? I can only think it would be a good change, just like when it was increased from 50 to 100! LOL And while I'm at it, other games have bigger limits & some have no limits & there is no terrible impact on them either.

"The way it stands right now all things are equal ....why mess with that?"

Oh you have just opened Pandora's Box! LOL

The Fact is, things are NOT "Equal" for a lot of reasons. Lower level players have something to do in the the game, somewhere to go, something to get. While I still have something to get such as Achievement Awards, I have no place to go because I am stuck in Wellspring of Mimir with no place to go, nothing to look forward to. How is that fair?

So in your thinking how is that fair? And there are 3 so far on FB VC that don't even have Achievement Awards to look forward to. So how is that fair? And yes, it's only 3 people...so far. There many following, myself included that are going to be in the same situation if changes are not made. So how is that fair?

"why mess with that?"

I will tell you why. Because when things grow, things need to be changed. VC has grown & changes need to be made in a lot of area's, it's that simple. If things were never changed the game would go nowhere. If Kano doesn't want to make any changes they should have made a crappy game instead of a good one! LOL

Why "mess with it", because a lot of things need to be messed with & the Gift Limit is just 1 of many. As I said you opened Pandor's Box, but this subject is about the Gift Limit and it needs to be raised.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

For PIMP, Kitty is a boss leveler, barely any wins compared to her level is why want's this.. FB VC is different though I think, but could be wrong, we have way more active players=need more gifts. I could care less increase on this as I'm caught up "watching what needed in advance" In the end though I see the point if get over 100 and can't return the favor of a gift.. Ask any girl, she will agree LMFAO

15. Deblovscats1

I can still give as good as I get though! LOL:p

16. polishpimp

Speaking of Pandoras box.....lol

Where have you been? The number of active players are lower than they have been in years on every platform. When numbers were at an all time high the gift sending limit was raised from 50 to 100 and worked just fine. Now with far less than half the players there once was your argument is that we need more gifts for more people when in fact there is far less?

"I may be a "rookie" in this Forum, but not in the game. I just made the choice not to make any comments before, as you can see I have been a member of the the Forum since 2011."

Sorry...but this statement left me confused are u a rookie or have u been here since 2011? So your a veteran observer of the forums but a rookie when it comes to actually replying? Your not a rookie when it comes to the game and observing in the forum and in all this time the gift sending limit is what you chose to champion? In all the years this was the only thing worth commenting on? Yep....totally confused.

"What terrible impact would increasing the Gift Limit have on the game?"

I believe I already touched on this with a previous reply but here it goes again. Gifts are of major importance in these games because of the whole blacksmith aspect....they are not simply a social aspect. Blacksmithing affords players access to the most powerful weapons in the games other than "paid for" limited items. By suddenly allowing access to a much larger number of gifts it would allow newer and/or lower leveled players much more opportunity to gain blacksmith items in much larger quantity from much earlier on. A deficit of which could never be made up by higher levels due to the much slower leveling process at the higher levels. Lets not forget that most blacksmithed items also need adventure or boss drops, these items are potentially gained at a much faster rate at the lower levels because of the lesser requirements for leveling. If i were a low level or had just recently started.....I could easily obtain all the info i needed either from higher leveled clan or here in the forums as to what Gifts I should be stockpiling for the future.....by the time i got to the point i could actually use my stockpile to craft....the number could be staggering. There would be no wasting of time or resources on crap I didnt need or quickly fell from usefulness like all the others that came before me.....it would be straight to the good stuff. That would disturb the balance of the games tremendously, for example.... a a level 5k of tomorrow would be waaaaay more powerful of the 5k of yesterday. Simple evolution you say? Maybe....but I see it more as a slap in the face of the players who have played and supported these games for years....not exactly a fitting reward for their dedication and support.

"I can only think it would be a good change, just like when it was increased from 50 to 100"

In most cases Adding or increasing almost any content has an adverse affect on the longer playing players thats why Kano does things normally in small doses .....basically its the equivalent "to a spoon full of sugar helping the medicine goes down". In the case of raising the limit from 50 to 100....that was a totally diff stage in the games development. Much like u falsely argued earlier about the current state of the games....there was indeed more players then ....this is no longer the case in fact the numbers are abysmal in comparison. Applying your logic of increasing gift sends based on more players.....then realistically we should be decreasing gift sends due to the current player count. Your logic....not mine.

"while I'm at it, other games have bigger limits & some have no limits & there is no terrible impact on them either."

ummmmm....what do other games have to do with whats happening here? besides your obvious lack of of an example....im going to go out on a limb and say your trying to "compare apples and oranges". I can think of dozens of other games that have similar formats but most if not all also have many notable differences as well. Do we really want Kanos games to be exactly like the other games? If so...why didnt you save yourself the trouble and just go play those games? Do you actually know what type of impact more gift sends had on these other games? Can u cite any specific examples? If so ....did u actually research these games and determined that their particular gaming environments were extremely similar to Kanos? I dont pretend to know whats going on elsewhere...Im a kano guy and have been from early on....Ive played every game and on every platform and have participate actively in their forums for years....I can identify distinct differences in the environments from one kano game to the next. What happens elsewhere is neither here nor there...I prefer to stick with what I know works, doesnt and is fair in these environments.

opening "Pandoras box" ....theres almost nothing i love more...lol

"The Fact is, things are NOT "Equal" for a lot of reasons.'

We're pretty much in agreement here....they games are skewed in most every way and more times than not they are skewed in favor of the newer or lower leveled players that still have the time and room to adjust to the changes. If youve been "observing" the forums ide be lying if I said i wasnt a lil surprised that you didnt know ive been up here championing fairness for the higher levels a time or two. With that said I believe you misinterpreted what I meant when i said.."The way it stands right now all things are equal ....why mess with that?". I certainly wasnt referring to the games as whole (I could go on for days about that...dont get me started,,,,lol). I was talking specifically about the number of "gift sends". Although the initial increase of 50 to 100 wasnt exactly fair to the longer playing players at the time....it was a much smaller increase than what is being discussed here. It has also been that way for a very long time now and has become critical to blacksmithing. When I said "equal" my intent was to imply that we all have had the same opportunity for a very long time with much less negative repercussions as the high leveled players of that time are not nearly what they are today. An increase even the same as the last one would have much larger implications in todays much more mature game than it ever did back then.

Thinking back to some of your statements as to how lower levels have so much more ahead of them or to look forward to than that of the higher levels I couldnt agree more...I too am languishing in in the "Wellspring of Mimir" I was also around when Muspell was the last world for approx a year. The whole muspell thing was the biggest travesty ever in these games..most of the highest levels from those days are long gone because they could never make up for the damage Kano caused their accounts. Im glad u recognize that the higher levels are basically screwing the pooch but Im a bit surprised as to take on theis topic. Sure....it sounds easy peasy and like a boon to all on the surface.....but I assure you that it favors the little guy big time (over time)and is but just another nail in the coffin for us dinosaurs.

"I will tell you why. Because when things grow, things need to be changed."

Ever hear the expression..."if it aint broke dont fix it"? There is a whole lotta things in this game that are broke...THATS FOR SURE, there are even parts of the gifting system that need some tweaking like the time it takes or being able to return multiple gifts at a time, but the number of gifts is just fine.....increasing it will cost u/me (the higher level)in the long run. Im not willing to sell out the future of Kanos most dedicated for an idea that lacks foresight because im bored right now. There s alot that needs to be addressed for the highest of levels....lets not add to it buy screwing ourselves in the meantime. Change can be a great thing in many ways....this just isnt one of them. The games have grown and changed and the result has been diminishing numbers....sometimes its best to just stick with the basics that made ya great in the first place and to dance with the girl ya brought.

I opened Pandoras box a long time ago.....u will be hard pressed to come up with anything in relation to these games that I haven't discussed at nauseum... but your welcome to try. I bet we could even find a few that made us feel like 2 peas in a pod...lol.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. Deblovscats1

Originally Posted by polishpimp

"The number of active players are lower than they have been in years on every platform."

They may be lower than when you started playing, but with Myspace closing, there are many of them starting over in FB VC, so there ARE more players.

"Gifts are of major importance in these games because of the whole blacksmith aspect....they are not simply a social aspect. Blacksmithing affords players access to the most powerful weapons in the games other than "paid for" limited items."

Exactly! Higher levels desperately need items for the Blacksmith because most of their weapons & warriors are non-usable in Battle, at lest that's the case with me & I cannot imagine I am the only one. There are only certain things I can make use of now.

"By suddenly allowing access to a much larger number of gifts it would allow newer and/or lower leveled players much more opportunity to gain blacksmith items in much larger quantity from much earlier on. A deficit of which could never be made up by higher levels due to the much slower leveling process at the higher levels."

You are forgetting you are only able to make certain things at certain levels & they become useless & obsolete if you want a strong Attack & Defense.

"I could easily obtain all the info i needed either from higher leveled clan or here in the forums as to what Gifts I should be stockpiling for the future.....by the time i got to the point i could actually use my stockpile to craft....the number could be staggering."

It doesn't matter how much a lower level has stockpiled because their inventory would still be at a lower attack/defense than all of mine & it will become obsolete as they level up just like a everyone else. AND let's not forget as you level up the cost of crafting items get's more & more expensive as you level up.

Many of the drops from the newer Bosses are totally useless unless we will be able to make them into Elites & Legendary's in the future. There are only certain ones that are useful to higher levels as it is right now & we need the gifts in order to craft.

So your argument or reasoning doesn't hold.

18. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Why have all these items that can be crafted and deny us the gifts needed to craft...

Running out may not be the reason needed for Kano to allocate more gifts...
    I agree and feel what started this feed may not be the reason needed for the increase, but this is..
    Considering the fact, gifting limits where considered with a smaller game, meaning less adventures, bosses and hidden recipes, therefore less crafting.

With the increase in worlds, adventures, bosses creates more drops, drop upgrades and hidden recipes, all crafting items in blacksmith require more gifts in order to make use of them.

Why have all these items that can be crafted and deny us the gifts needed to use the blacksmith and craft these properly.
    Raise the gift limit so we can play the game the way it was designed to be played

19. polishpimp

Oh brother! There is obviously nothing I can say that is going to change your mind as it is painfully obvious that you are A) unwilling or B) incapable of seeing the big picture.

Considering I first started playing these games when they were fairly new Im pretty sure the numbers have increased significantly....lol. With that said...they have since dropped to the lowest they have been in years on both platforms. The migration of MS players to FB has been barely a blip on the radar and from what I can tell the numbers there continue to drop.

It is your argument that holds no water as the logic you're using for an increase in gift sends actually begs for a decrease. Dont take me wrong...Im not campaigning to have the number decreased just pointing out your fatally flawed logic.

I agree that increasing the number of gifts would help us higher levels to some degree but it would be short lived and essentially a wash initially in that the other levels would receive the same benefit ....but eventually the benefit to the new or lesser leveled players would far exceed any benefit to the higher levels (for the reasons mentioned previously)thus making it detrimental to the higher levels over all. Its simple math really.

So we agree to disagree. Good luck and most of all...HAVE FUN!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  20. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

More gifts would leave less people out and allow us to dcraft what we have.......

People being left out has nothing to do with tha fact that crafting is limited based on a gift amount that was contrived when the game had less to craft.
    If they continue to add more worlds and create avenues for items to be crafted then it should be lifted each time they introduce new blacksmith items with a ratio of gifts to blacksmith items that remains constent.
    I have hundreds of items that can be crafted but they sit stagnate and out of play, why have the crafting if you cant take FULL advantage of it