[PC] Don't Upset Davy Jones: Inactive Players Are Now Being Hit-Listed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As some eagle-eyed players have noticed, Davy Jones has begun listing inactive players on the hit-list. This is currently only active on Pirate Clan for Facebook and Kano Play Myspace, but we're looking to spread it across the other games as well very soon.

The developers wanted active players to have someone to gun for when the hit-list is empty, so they cooked up these parameters for inactive players to be listed:

• Have not played in 6+ months.
    • Must be over level 300.
    • If the hit-list has been empty for a short amount of time and the player meets both of these parameters, they will be listed.

And that's it! So lest ye be willin' ta test the mighty wrath 'o Davy Jones, ye best be settin' sail on tha regular! What do you folks think about this new feature?

Just as an aside, this is a community idea and you can see the original thread here.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...ty kano! I also like that you posted the thread in which the idea was born...way to recognize! Lil things like that go a long way in my book.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Smack actually pointed that out to me. I thought it was wholly his idea and was willing to give him 100% of the credit! To be fair to me this idea was around before my time, haha.

4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Great idea!

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You know it seemed like a good idea.

Then I got to thinking.

Some of these players may have passed on and really seems wrong to list like that.

Davy should list accounts that were found to be alts and were perm banned.

6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i like this idea/ but i have been watching for when they come on and it seems it puts up 3 every half an hour, i was thinking it should cut down that time to 15 or 20 minutes and instead of having the time reset after somebody places a bounty on someone why not have it bounty the 3 people on EXAMPLE: 9:00 then 9:15 or 9:20 then the next round at 9:30 or 9:40 and so on. because every once in a while you get one of the top people on the leader boards that stays on there for an hour or more and that would mean no people going up while that bounty is up.

so basically a little room for improvement but otherwise i have no complaints

7. polishpimp

UGH...Im trying to remain positive....BUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! No disrespect to those that have passed on.....but do u really think they will care? Personally.....I would love it if my account outlived me. I was actually bummed when my first account didnt get transferred over from MS.....Ide love to see that bad boy get listed time and time again....It would be a badge of honor in my book.

This is good for the game and theres no blood on anybodies hands. We're all screaming for something new and when Kano does it this is the response they get? Are we even playing the same games? The games are dieing....bounties are one of their more exciting aspects....what is wrong with you?

The one player that I knew in the games that passed on was a bountying fool and went up often.....I didnt know him in real life but everything I knew of him in-game...... he would be all over this with a big HELL YEAH! Why? because he would remain relevant in the game he loved even after he was gone. THATS RESPECT!

I for one applaud Kano in their ongoing efforts to keep the games fresh and exciting. Whether inactive, banned or passed on....bring it on and TY! As for the rest of you....open your minds....Kano may do a lot of things we disagree with individually but they are not the enemy. Sure ....they wanna make some bucks but who doesnt? In the end.....no happy players......no money. I for one embrace a more active bounty board....call me crazy! TY KANO.

I havent been playin PC much lately so I really cant speak on the timing of the bounties other than to say I think I would prefer that the timing was random rather than predetermined. I would rather not know when they were coming than to sit there knowing they were coming every hour on the hour. Is that possible?

Another couple of questions......Will their bounty be at base every time? will it be random or will these accounts be listed in some type of order? Theres obviously thousands of abandoned account that meet the criteria for being listed....any chance some might randomly come up again in less than a 24 hr period? Im assuming the vast majority would be tiny accounts abandoned early on... any chance of the bigger abandoned accounts getting listed a lil more often? OK....im getting greedy....my bad.,...lol

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Great idea, inactive accounts, for whatever reason, is fine with me, no one really gets hurt anyway. :)

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@polish The inactive accounts aren't listed at predetermined times; if there's just been a collected bounty and no new active player is hitlisted within a certain time frame, then the inactive accounts will start being listed. The developers tried to make this as random as possible.

And to answer your second question, an inactive account cannot be listed more than once every seven days. So you'll probably see a couple of accounts crop up a few times, but more than a week apart each time.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The timing on this is fairly random so it is not 3 players every half hour or on any predetermined interval. However in the case you present with someone riding the list for a long time you are correct that Davy will not list inactive players during this time as the list is considered "active". Having said that changes around this may still occur as we tweak this feature based on usage.

11. polishpimp

Good info guys...thanks for the replies

12. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

Viva I say :) Bring out your dead :)

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Any chance Davy can bounty me?

14. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Love love love this!!!! I am happy to kill them!!!!!

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update

The frequency of these Davy Jones bounties has been increased. We continue to monitor this on both Facebook and MySpace so there may be more tweaks in the coming days.

16. neill1990

did you guys also tweak how many can go up at a time. cus earlier today i saw 5 at one time. or was this just a glitch?

17. polishpimp

i think theyve always had it where sometimes more than 1 went up but its random....before today i saw 3 at a time numerous times. I think today they not only increased the frequency but shortened or eliminated the amount of time between real bounties being set. For example...I set a bounty and immediately afterwards the gods put up 3 more for a total of 4. I also saw 5 up at one time...im assuming that 2 of them were real bounties

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Ahh good catch. Yes we did increase how many can go up at a time on Facebook to max 5 at a time.

19. neill1990

ya i am really likeing this update i think it will keep people playing more to becasue their odds of getting bounties just went up tramendously. even i get about 20 bounties a week now rather then 1 or 2 every 2 to 3 days.(not much of a bounty hunter)

20. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

One little tweak you guys can make to this new feature. I am a bounty hunter easily just like many others are. But still your not getting the main target of players you want to help. Those are the one's who have a hard time catching them. A good suggestion for the Davey Jones bounties is if a player already has all the bounty achievements then they do not need these. Lets face it their not killing these inactive accts for gold since their is really none on these accts. Their killing them because they can.

Easiest solution to resolve this is any player who has received all achievements for the bounties be locked out of Davey Jones bounties as if they were clanned with those accts. I know you can figure an easy way to do this. Then this would be a good implementation for all players.

As long as the gold remains small it shouldn't play a factor into the bounty system in players obtaining to much gold leaving the higher players and bounty collectors out in the cold.