The Official Faction Wars Discussion Thread August 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me, Pimp, I appreciate it :)
    Shame the Devs couldn't show me the same amount of respect.
    I am sorry to say but the more I play this game lately, the more disillusioned I am becoming.
    Jus' Sayin'

2. Statistics?

Our statistics are not adding up. If I have attacked 411 times, how is it that I only won 105 lost 38? The math does not add up? Ghost Nation Elite.

And I will admit that the waiting is quite boring and I really think that when a faction respawns, They should get more tokens. We have been attacked over 1700 times already and have been killed three times. Each time we respawn with 6 tokens and we are thrown into the fray. I have only attacked 500 times after refilling my tokens and now I cannot really do anything until tomorrow. I am sure it's a mute point, but the waiting sure sucks.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. Eric

Eric Administrator

Sorry about that BiteYourFace, Polish's response was correct, we try to get to all forum posts but today's event kept us fairly busy :) and thanks polish for the community response!

4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

agreed...............................

5. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

The key here is TEAMWORK so you personally missing 5 kills shows the importance of that, if your faction was there helping you that might not have happened, And the "ALT" thing is a benefit how? just like before this is a faction war! Teamwork and strategy are a MUST, logging on to one acct after another like you suggest wont help you win the FW or even help you kill more that a few.

Mainly what i see here is a bunch of credit card players with huge accts in weak factions only full because the players think they are protected by "you", crying about how this isnt fair and this isnt that blah blah! Its about team work and strategy plain and simple! the factions with 25 individuals with the same letters next to their names will never like this part of the game!

I applaud Kano for their efforts and love that they are continuing to beta test this and take our feedback, but honestly people you need to stop acting like you're actual game developers just because you spend money on a game i mean come on get real.

6. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

we had 4 of us on at the same time attacking so I fail to see how teamwork would have helped.

You are entitled to your opinion. But just because I'm willing to pay to be entertained doesn't make my feedback any less important than yours.

I applaud the effort. I just don't think this improves the game. Maybe it does on FB it does not on KP. It could have been much better used in the game itself instead of as a faction arena.

Biting my tongue at the irony of the statement in bold.

As for alts. I didn't say there was a benefit. I said it was funny watching them come on one right after another. I don't have a problem with alts. Without them there is very few active slayers.

7. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

First off I never said your feedback was less important, what i said was "honestly people you need to stop acting like you're actual game developers just because you spend money on a game i mean come on get real"

and second, does it make the game worse? the whole " It could have been much better used in the game itself instead of as a faction arena" goes back to point number one

8. The good;
    -Token regeneration 1 every 3 minutes (previously 5 minutes)
    -Token start value 200/300 (previously 100)

The not so bad:
    -Token refills enabled (limit 4 / day)

The really ugly and stupid and you should undo now:
    -Total stats removed during the event. Gave away too much realtime information, will be replaced with Vs. stats (your faction vs their faction)

Not sure yet, but I have a feeling these won't fly well either:
    -Attack WP bonuses (bonus ontop of base 5/10 WP) only available when attacking equal to or higher in division
    -Base Kill WP reward degrades by 20% for every division you're away from the targets division.
    (Bonused WP were way to high from unevenly matched Factions, will pormote attacking within division or higher for the greatest rewards)

So there is stil no incentive for avoiding death and I assume that despite the buff, healing is not as rewarding as attacking? Even if my def is over a 1,000 skill pts higher than my attack? Something is not quite right there. Hey, in BA if you die, you're out. Why not halve the WP or make 'em sit out a full day?

9. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

Totally agree, why heal at all when it costs you a token that can better be served (with greater WP's) attacking. if you heal you waste a token or hundreds, why? just die take a 15 minute break and BAM full health (for free by the way) and use your tokens to attack and might even get a kill. when you die there should be a penalty, just like in the game you lose 5% of what it takes you to lvl up. maybe you should lose 5% of your total earned points?

10. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Since the WP's for healing went down from 20 to 12, there is less incentive to use it.

11. So what

So what Member

AGREED UNLIKE ba where most ppl wont entre because of their build well now its a LEVEL playing field

Recruit
    Burak in Wonderland is on a distinguished road
    The good;
    -Token regeneration 1 every 3 minutes (previously 5 minutes)
    -Token start value 200/300 (previously 100)

The not so bad:
    -Token refills enabled (limit 4 / day)

The really ugly and stupid and you should undo now:
    -Total stats removed during the event. Gave away too much realtime information, will be replaced with Vs. stats (your faction vs their faction)

SORRY
    but it shows more are actively trying to compete and SHOWING UP because they know its not one sided
    175 joined this time

we all have to remember small accounts are the HUGE winners here by playing alongside all THEIR faction they are a VERY important part of the process not just because of their build , they gain insight to HOW TO PULL TOGETHER

not a BAD THING

@ Eric
    SORRY ABOUT THE TIMMER ...my fault I didnt get the 2 hr window

last thing

if i am to pay to reheal and i PREVIOUSLY OWNED my stamina then at least give me 1/3 a refil IE 100 for the 3 un
    just a thought

it really is a hoot

kudos

12. So what

So what Member

well i assume when its out of beta .....there could be a cost to dying like losing what you give to the killers
    ie ...3590 wp is your reward

then you lose that if u die

might make more divisions work together

13. So what

So what Member

You have exceeded the max amount of refills for the day, please try again tomorrow

got 4 yesterday

its 24 hrs since ?????

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I believe different character builds will give different WP / HP payouts.

15. Jager

Jager Member

Why does it cost 1 stamina in addition to 1 token to attack? Why not just base the attacks off of the tokens and leave the stamina alone?

16. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I've noticed not all of my actions are getting WP, (attacking/healing). Either the exp won't show up, or a heal will say 10-15 WP...Sometimes, they don't register at all.

17. Eric

Eric Administrator

@larry thanks for the report we'll look into fixing any issues with stats recording. Also the token refilling limits and time periods may change to accommodate daily gameplay vs waiting a full day period to refill.

@burak thanks for the feedback. The war point rewards on attacks and kills are still being tweaked based off the data for each beta war we have. Incentives for avoiding death didn't make it into this beta but we are actively working on new mechanics to make healing more useful. About the stats we'd still like to hear more discussion around the pros and cons, many people have voiced that providing the real time loss stats does give away too much information to a faction not even involved in the fight resulting in easy sniping.

@so what let us know if you're still having issues with refills, currently its set to a full day for the next refill, we may adjust as mentioned above to accommodate daily gameplay better.

@jager including stamina was necessary for our many considerations in keeping the game mechanics balanced

@L1 can you double check your stats (in members) as they should be updating, there may be a reporting issue in game where those numbers don't automatically update only for view.

About healing, members with the greatest allocated defense skills and armed defense items will provide the Faction with the greatest health regeneration and war points. Think of them as the 'medics' in battle field :)

18. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Sniping and stealing kills from your opponents are legitimate game strategies.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  19. So what

So what Member

i got the 24 hr clock wrong so that was my fault it DOES work , just my timming was out

as for the heal eh i have the worste heal of my entire faction ... lol so that is just not stacking up ....
    we have a baby very small and hes double my heal ...so i think ill give healing a MISS when were out of beta

and as for the snipping

its ALMOST GONE ....... as can be seen by the amount of attacks vs last war .....even you have to see that yourselfs all accounts or divisions have to PARTICIPATE or theres no KILLS

KUDOS

20. Stanley Toohey III

Stanley Toohey III New Member

Bug?

When you use 3 tokens/stamina to attack your wins are not added to your total.