[FB] bug in squad invite

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by domino, Jul 26, 2013.

1. domino

domino Member

"This user is already your squad member."

2. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

How about this one? I'm in the middle of attacking my own boss BY MYSELF, and it says "this boss is currently being attacked by another zombie slayer"

3. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

Or on calendars and challenges, "another action is in progress please try again later" LOL. what a joke

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Chima, Edit: It seems that I gave out wrong information, sorry about that! Based on a post by the developers, it seems that the game is just checking whether or not there are two actions in progress. It's a little inconvenient but it prevented a problem that used to occur when the game was processing the final shot or hit against the boss. The developers will look into cleaning that up a bit more!

@domino Please try added this person to your squad again, as this may not be a bug. If you try again and it doesn't go through, please let us know and we'll look into it!

5. domino

domino Member

its bug i have 200-300 people in my invite list but they all in my squad.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Thats not what we were told previously. Why would we need an intentional pause when trying to do our challenges? Pretty hard to screw that one up...who would not want to complete their challenge? Its a nuisance is what it is.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?9557-Turf-War-shot-problems&highlight=action+progress

Why do we need a pause when hitting our own boss? If were hitting it we obviously want to be hitting it,,,no? This only happens very sporadically...if your protecting us from ourselves wouldnt /shouldnt it happen before every hit? Dont take me wrong...Im not asking for it to happen....I want it to go away entirely as it simply doesnt make sense and it interferes with the flow of our games.

I can think of a few areas where an "intentional waiting period" or having to confirm might be useful (like purchasing things) but these two areas are about as far from needed as possible

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  7. domino

domino Member

someone "dev" wrote bad code and it has become no more than 4 hours ago

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

So did these 200-300 invites just pop up out of nowhere or have they always been sitting there pending an Accept/Ignore? We just pushed out some changes to the backend of the invite system but interestingly enough this change occurred AFTER your initial big report.

@Polish: I understand your frustration with some of these messages but they are "intentional". In particular for the Challenges we were having sporadic cases of actions not being processed properly so we have put in a lock to ensure this does not happen. Again I understand it is frustrating and there is more work we can do to minimize this. As for the bosses, actions can happen on that from all helpers concurrently so again there is a lock to ensure order and that the hits are being processed properly.

Having said that lets keep this thread on topic as there is already one about the Challenge action in progress that I know of.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You're quite right polish, what I said was incorrect, I was getting two different things mixed up in my head.

As Smack stated in his post, the game is checking whether or not two actions go off at the same time. This was implemented to prevent something that used to happen when the final action in a given challenge was taken. My apologies for the mix up!

10. domino

domino Member

TOTAL BUG!!! pls recovery !!!

11. domino

domino Member

or i must remove all my friends from FB to not show them in this stupid list.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

SMACK I just checked as well all my clan are showing up under chieftan tab> where would normally send out the invite. It just showed up today I'm clan with all but maybe 10 people on my friend list and it's showing me a lot more than that as well.

13. domino

domino Member

the idea is good but a version of the code must be changed, people who are already in the squad must be not appear in the list

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Ahh I see... I think.

So please correct me if this assumption is wrong but the issue is that when looking for potential invite candidate(s) both the "All Friends" and "Friends Playing <game name>" are showing people who are already in your Clan/Squad etc.

If that is the case a recent code push from either last night or earlier this morning is likely the issue. I will see about rectifying this ASAP.

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Some friends are showing up on the list that are already clan with so, it's taking up spots to scroll through to find a non clan to send invite out to. Basically it seems your not clan, when in fact you are.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Understood. Thanks for the detailed report, it helps out immensely! We will get this sorted very likely before days end.

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick follow up. Is this happening in our own Inviter (no profile pics for each player, just names and a checkbox) or only on the Facebook dialog inviter?

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Names with checkbox is where it's occurring.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks again and I just confirmed for myself. K fix coming up for this. I'll report back when it is live.

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Ok this should be fixed now.

However it should be noted that if you are using the Facebook inviter (by either selecting no one and clicking send, or if our inviter fails to load and you use the 'Alternate Inviter' link) there is a limit as to how many players that can be excluded before it bogs right down so you may see some people you are already clanned with in there using this method. Just a heads up.