Myspace Update June 11 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike D

Mike D New Member

Since it is not running yet, will I loose my bosses I was attacking. My streak of consecutive days played. My calendars and other stuff

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes. After we get the beta for existing MS players out we will have more details on plans for KanoPlay.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Unfortunately yes, but everyone is in the same boat.

We will be pushing hard to get this out. Nice of MS to do this outside of business hrs, very sleezy.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are working to move MS players there to play the game as they could well earlier today. Right now if you connect with FB you will be connecting to the FB version.

5. ok so the games are gone from myspace, any idea on a time line when the new site might be up, or any idea when we might have a migration package to look at?

6. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

well throughout the 4 pages here it states:

a) timeline is they hope to have it up by tomorrow they are scrambling as MS did not tell them it was happening today and did so after business hours.
    b) the migration package is we are moving to kanoplay intact.

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

agreed. Thank you guys for the work you are doing after hours to compensate for their utter lack of business ethos.

8. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

they are gonna try and work on getting it up tomorrow but no promises as they are working hard to get it up and running

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

so is kano snap shotting game play by the second? there is still players playing on ms right now that were still logged in. For an example....some players are listing the crap out of players right now....will they keep those stats and cash? sounds like gold transfer and easy stat heaven.....lol. will those players that werent logged in and got bountied see who listed them and have the 24 hr retaliation window?

10. Mike D

Mike D New Member

Thank you for trying to get the site up and running as soon as possible. I love playing the games. I don't want to go to Fb to start playing, even though I am bored not being able to play the games. lol As I will have to start at level 1 all over again and I have been playing to long to do that again. I am not gong to tell you where myspace can well you know.

11. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

I wouldn't worry to much polish. At least if VC is like PC. people usually kill themselves when logged out or the rivals kill each other as soon as they log on. there's only so much cash you're going to get to transfer. unless they are just killing themselves.

in which case, it's not your stats so who cares.

12. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

hey i didnt know this happend i am still playing and i went to check the forums and i see that everyone is locked out of games i really hate ******* myspace they are a bunch of @$$es but for somereason i can still play i am happy about that but feel bad for everyone else and seriously they go out of there way out of there buisness hours to do this i mean seriously how rude. here is the pic showing i am still in:
    last myspace with pirateclan.jpg

EDIT: there is nobody listing anybody if anybody is conserned it i dead nothing is happening.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

There isn't much we can do at this point, due to the non-notice and this after work hours stunt pulled by MS we will have to continue to tackle this problem tomorrow.

Devs are working as we speak from home on trying to accelerate the Kano Play MS version and we are targeting tomorrow for a release.

We will do our best. For us, this is a really big lesson learned as we never imagined in our wildest dreams that games would get pulled like this, even Hi5 had the common decency to give 30-days notice, MySpace couldn't even give a week or specify a date.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  14. i know how u feel,the same here

15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i feel bad for you guys at kano cuz you are going even more out of your guyses way to help us and you dont even know how happy i am for that but this is not right at all what myspace just did and well i dont know how to explain it but i think you guys at kano understand. all i can say is its going to be one hell of a night for you guys and i think after this is all done you deserve a few days off and i think most will agree. best of luck to you guys.

EDIT: if anybody has any questions about what is happening on myspace pirateclan rite now i will be glad to answer then up till the point that i get forced to refresh the page

16. polishpimp

I also appreciate kanos work on this but i got a bad feeling things arent gonna work out all that well. How will new players even find this new site?

If transfers to kong are made available....wont that even further minimize the player count on the new site?

Although appreciative and understand that MS is the true villain here....I cant help but wonder why a plan wasnt already in place as we all new this was inevitable for quite sometime ....and after "Hi5 gate" Kano stated they would be working on a plan of attack if it were to happen again

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Well the lesson learned on our part, is that a social network can pull games the way MS did, the Hi5 case was what I thought a min-case in terms of timeline which this time around would have been more than enough based on previous experience and contingencies. From our contacts we have at MySpace, after they posted their notice, we were assured that games would not be pulled this week but would happen later in the month.

We have emails for a lot of the players and most of the daily players have already created a password on the offsite.

Just thinking out loud, but we may be able to reach out to all players that have reached out to us through support as well which is a fair number as well.

Also, players could help with this and spread the message to other players if they are still friends with them on MS or have them through other social media.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  18. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

well polish. that's kind of already been addressed. they thought they'd have more time. they had 30 days w/the last site. maybe the plan they had created due to previous experience was took only 2 weeks. well, they've had what...5 days? at the most?

no point in beating a dead horse or kicking a man while he's down.

there's lot's of unanswered questions and some we might have to find the answer to as we go along. none of that will matter if they don't get it running.

it's already been established they are working on it. so let them.

we should make a "we hate myspace offical venting thread". lol then maybe that will help contain the humor and blame.

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

Thank you to Kano and everyone that worked on this idiocy caused by myspace and helped the long term use players like me keep their stats and levels and clan. This was so important to me to continue to play, I cannot begin to tell you how relieved and grateful I am to all of you for working so hard. Thank you.
    That said, MySpace just dumped the games and I can no longer access my accounts on PC and VC and Mob. I have not received an email yet for the portal link so I am a bit worried to be honest. I will patiently wait for the link to be sent to me at my yahoo email. I already sent you the password and email information as you directed me to do. I must say that this was stressful not knowing and hoping for the best. and now that it is here it is a different stress but I believe that you will deliver as you have stated all along in the forums. I am just going to stress until the email for the link comes in. lol.
    I am looking forward to seeing you all of you there at the offsite. HUGS to ALL. Friend and Foe alike. Kill ya later!!! :)

20. polishpimp

I agree with that Wendah, I also realize that players not logged in can only die once....but a couple of willing participants could wreak havoc on bounty amount records with very lil risk at this point. I realize this is no big deal in the big scheme of things......but im one of them curious types....lol. ive been all over the states for the last few weeks and have had very minimal time to keep up to date on things....so my mind is running amok amok amok,,,lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.