Myspace Update June 11 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Keep the MySpace account until we get you running on Kano Play. Feel free to give them other feedback until you do delete your account.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

F'd up indeed.

Leave it to g*yspace.

I wouldnt cancel account yet though

3. Mike D

Mike D New Member

What happened. I was in the middle of Mob Wars and it shut down. I tried to reboot myspace and nothing is there no games, messages notifications. Only music stuff. How do I continue playing if nothing is there anymore?

4. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

@ Kendall
    What is the time frame for Kanoplay for Former MS users? I have a Turf War going and world bosses and such...figured we would have more notice than this! Please let us know asap!
    Thanks
    FallenKnight73

5. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

you dont until kano gets kanoplay up and running or go on another one of those game sites like facebook or kong to play something until they get it going if your bored

6. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Myspace is gettin' down.

Sorry, we're just experiencing some technical difficulties right now. Nothing major. Our developers are working on it and Myspace will be back up very soon.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will work hard to get something working tomorrow, trying to get a hold of one of the devs to see if it is possible, we will continue to put all our resources towards it.

8. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

Well, good luck to you Kano. I know this really sucks worse for you than all of us. We're bored but you guys are out revenue.

Rest assured, we'll be here when you're ready and this soon will be a bump in the road.

Myspace will be nothing but a bad memory.

:/ SNG sucks! ok, i know it's inappropriate but i need my fix. :p

9. not only did they take away the games, but my niece just logged in and FINALLY got to her page ... they have deleted her friends, her pictures, EVERYTHING, she said her page looks like she just signed up for myspace ... she SO cannot wait to delete her account!!!!!

10. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

Welcome to the new Myspace
    AskMyspace Thursday
    9 kudos 1000 views 0

You’ve probably noticed some changes to your Myspace account. We’ve modernized it with a new design that puts you and the things you make on a whole new stage. It’s a completely rebuilt Myspace that gives you more powerful ways to discover, share and connect to music, people and artists you love.

To experience the latest updates, simply sign in with your Myspace username and password. Your account and friends will automatically be waiting for you. We hope you enjoy these new features and continue to make Myspace a place where you connect with friends and discover new artists. Still have questions about the changes? Learn more below.

What key components of the new Myspace are different than the old Myspace?

Music
    It’s always been a core part of Myspace and in the site’s DNA. But now, music is in the forefront. The player is front-and-center on the site, seamlessly present, and accessible on every page.

Design
    We’ve taken the core concept—freedom of expression—that Myspace was founded on and improved upon abilities to make the blank canvas yours. Now, our community is given an open canvas that they can fill with whatever photos, designs, and words they choose. And whatever they create, the new platform is built to deliver with speed and performance.

Simplicity
    The old site was dense. It had pages upon pages of content that you needed to click through to find content hidden 4 or 5 levels deep. Now, Myspace is simple and straightforward:

You want music—it’s always there.
    You like something you see—the Connect button is always there.
    You see something that sparks your interest—you can easily hover over it to see your relative Affinity and estimate how much you might like it, without even having to commit to a click.
    Think of something suddenly—just type and you’ll get a comprehensive rendering of categorized findings related to your search.

The new Myspace is focused around three things: connecting, sharing, and discovery. The platform has lots of tools to help people get to those things instantly–and, because connecting, sharing, and discovery aren’t limited to just one medium, Myspace is currently available on your desktop and as a mobile app.

Where did the old site go?
    What was once new.myspace.com is now myspace.com. Starting today, when a user visits myspace.com they can sign-in using the login information from their Classic account or create a new account from scratch. Just want to check it out first before you commit, go ahead. Take a test drive and explore the people, music, and their content for free before signing up.

What will be available from my old profile?

Your Friends are now Connections-All your previous friends have been transferred and are now connections.
    Transfer Pics & Playlists-Make sure you move all your photos and playlists to your upgraded account. Its simple and only takes a few clicks.

What will not be available from my old profile?

We're focused on building the best Myspace possible. And to us, that means helping you discover connect and share with others using the best tools available. Going forward we're concentrating on building and maintaining the features that make those experience better. That means you won't see a few products on the new site...

Blogs
    Private Messages
    Videos
    Comments or Posts
    Custom background design
    Games

I want to use my old profile, but what if I dont remember my login credentials?
    If you haven’t yet created a New Myspace account but had a Classic account, you can use your Classic Myspace login credentials (i.e. email and password) to login at myspace.com. Once you do, you’ll be given a site walk-through and can begin setting up your new profile. You will have the opportunity to keep photos and playlists from Classic Myspace, or you can start completely from scratch, it’s up to you. Check out our guide if you need some help finding your username.

If you want to delete your Classic Myspace profile and start over, simply login using your Classic Myspace login credentials and delete the profile from your settings page.

If you cannot remember your email and/or password for your account, simply click the Forgot Password link on the homepage and enter your information to receive an email with instructions for resetting your password. If you still are having login issues check out our guide here for more troubleshooting tips.
    http://www.askmyspace.com/t5/Guides/Welcome-to-the-new-Myspace/ba-p/38875

11. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  12. i have a question i am playing the kanoplay facebook with the black screen and no adds will i still able to go back to ms acct when you got it running ??

13. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

@Kendall I posted this to my friends....Correct me if i am wrong here please.
    "all of our account info is stored on Kano servers not on myspace...the only thing MS was is a gateway"

14. Mike D

Mike D New Member

There was no pictures, messages, notifications, or anything. Everything was deleted.

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

im confused as ****...there is way to many diff threads on the same topic, someone needs to merge them and clear out all the clutter. Isnt kanoplay a part of FB? Isnt it already up and running with people already playing? when i went to that site it allowed me to start a new account under a diff email address but when i tried my MS email it logged me into my FB account. what gives?

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is correct, if you gave us a correct email then we will be able to authenticate you. If you created a password with that email on Kano Play then you will be ready to go as soon as we have something ready.

17. bikerscumsam

bikerscumsam New Member

on the new vc and pc

so does this mean we will be limited to finding new people to add to our clan since we will not be on ms anymore??

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not running yet.

19. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

currently kanoplay zs link connects to your FB account however kano has our ms info stored at that address in the background. When it becomes live you will be able to get to your ms acct. I do not know if you will be able to continue to link to fb I would think so. Seems like they have there somewhere choose where you want to play they will simply insert your ms link there I would think.

So short answer, yes now it is facebook, hopefully tomorrow you can get to your ms stuff.

20. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

You will be limited by who is already playing until they get a way to add new folks.

honestly folks patience. A lot of these questions can wait. we will all know very soon and quite frankly i'd rather them be working on getting it up and running than answering technicalities, I would hope that is your priority as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.