Not sure what to call this

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by meezy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. meezy

meezy Member

Hello,

I am attempting to access Kongregate with my 7" Android tablet w/ Jellybean operating system. For some reason unbeknownst to me, it prompts me to enable java and flash?? The thing is, is that i can access facebook and kanoplay without issue and play just fine. Can someone think of a reason why my brand new tablet, with all updated software cannot log on to Kong LCN?? Especially knowing that i can play FB and Kanoplay just fine.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Welcome to the world of Jelly Bean and the lack of Flash support. I too have Android devices and Flash is often a pain. First let me state that our game does not use Flash but it would seem that the Kongregate canvas does.

In order to solve this problem you are going to need to do 2 things.
    1. Install a Flash APK. Google "jelly bean flash APK" and do some research (I and Kano claim no responsibility if you in any way damage your device.)
    2. Install a browser that supports Flash. If you are on a Nexus 7 I find Firefox Beta works well. I also have a Galaxy Nexus and the stock Android browser also works. Dolphin Browser is another alternative.

With both of these installed you should be able to access the games on Kongregate. I have tested Kong with my N7 just now and I can play.

3. DMQ

DMQ Member

Opera Mini always works for me even on Nokia phones :cool:

4. meezy

meezy Member

Thanks for your fast response. ill have to check that out.. So,, just installing chrome for android woouldnt quite cut it eh???