Myspace Update June 7 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

They have a place for you to contact to keep your game info intact till a decision is made what they are gonna be able to do, so go to the first post in this thread for how to do that .)

2. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

so sometime within the next few hours we should have some more information about the switch, correct?

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are working on allowing players to create a password for what will be an offsite playable area that will be for MySpace players, it will be like playing on MySpace but will be off of Kano Play.

This will allow players to continue playing as they can today, just not on MySpace (but with the same accounts) and allow us some time to come up with longer term solutions / migration packages. We are setting up a playable offsite immediately since MySpace has not given us an official timeline yet.

We hope to have an update in the message box on top of the game at some point today, we hit a couple issues during development but are close to getting it up so that players can create their passwords. You will need to have a validated email before you can create your password.

We hope to have the offsite version fully functional next week, stay tuned.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  4. Dave Hartzler

Dave Hartzler New Member

EMAIL? I clicked the link to update my email on Pirate Clan and provided my email address to KANO and received and email to confirm the address. I clicked the confirmation link there and it opened my Pirate Clan page and posted this message there. There was an error updating your email address, please check your address and try again, or try another email address. So I did it again and got the same response. What's up?

5. Leadfist Lisa

Leadfist Lisa New Member

I know I speak for a lot of people in saying if a level 500 or 600 acct being offered like Kano did to the hi5 players is what kind of packages you are putting together, that will not wash. I have a level 2855 acct and taking that kind of step down is a big hell no.

6. Leadfist Lisa

Leadfist Lisa New Member

All right, lets talk fair for everyone. We have been playing on MS for years, Kongregate has only been playing for maybe 6 months. There are well over 2000 active MS players and less than 600 active Kong players. Transfer us intact and offer packages to the Kong players to help compensate them, would be a helluva lot less compensating to do, don't ya think?

7. ben

ben Active Member

when kano gets this new one out to us and we sign up for it i dont beleave any of us should be down graded...our games should be kept the same i hope... can kano please let us no if it is???

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I suggest you send that info to support, so they can help you, but ya may not hear back till Monday or Tuesday, but that is what Kano will tell you to do so they can check things out for you.:) Just be patient and they are doing their best to help everyone.:)

9. so is that what we are looking forward in the packages is being lowered in level and losing clan ??????..i got over 2000 without hired and i know most don't play no more . i will lose alot of clan if my acct is not the same .i too would like to know what we got to look forward too b4 going thru all the trouble of moving i guess i'll call it that. i am only asking not making a statement i have no idea what in plan for us

10. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Im mostly worried about my clan, i really dont want to recruit all 1k again.

11. my perfect package would be to be given my acct same level same items -same att/def given my 1000 hired and trade my acct with face book.. i got my 1000 friend clan there ..i want that to be an option. i dont like kong so that not an option for me ..i can deal with kanoplay.com if i stay the same ..lol but that's just me ..hope kano works on some options for us

12. Eric

Eric Administrator

The registration site is now live. If you refresh your game in MySpace you should see additional information at the top to update your email and register. Right now the new site will only accept a password and will not be playable until some time next week. You only need to register from one game, if you play multiple games you will use the same email and password to access the others.

We'll have updates for you all early next week on the progress of the web version of the games.

13. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Alright i just noticed it about 5 minutes ago im signed up and ready to go, i assume there still has not been a answer from myspace saying when they will drop the games off right?

14. Eric

Eric Administrator

No there hasn't been any response from MySpace about an exact date.

15. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Registered and passed along. THANKS!

16. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

It certainly impacts the least amount of players. But we shall see. I have confidence Kano is working as hard as they can. Now I just hope they make the right choice and ignore the whining.

17. jeff777

jeff777 New Member

just wondering i can't find out the answer from anyone.. does your game (character) go over to the new site if you don't sign up for that game. ae: if i don't want my zombie slayers character to be in the database for the game be cause i don't want ppl have the satisfaction of listing me if i don't play.. . if it does go even if you don't sign up for the game let me know please thanks

18. jeff777

jeff777 New Member

just wondering i can't find out the answer from anyone.. does your game (character) go over to the new site if you don't sign up for that game. ae: if i don't want my zombie slayers character to be in the database for the game be cause i don't want ppl have the satisfaction of listing me if i don't play.. . if it does go even if you don't sign up for the game let me know please thanks

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am thinking if you do not get transferred or send Kano your info before Myspace closes down the games the one thing I know for sure is you will not be able to access it, on another platform and I could be wrong but I think it would not be accessed by another player, I will try to find out for sure, though.

20. jeff777

jeff777 New Member

thanks linda. i will play if my character will be available in the game so i can increase listing price LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.