Myspace Update June 7 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi everyone,

The team just met again this morning regarding the ongoing Myspace situation and we have a couple new developments to share with you all.

We still haven't received a firm timeline from Myspace regarding the complete closure of games on that site, but what we're doing internally is acting as if Myspace plans to disable games next week. To that end, we're creating a temporary offsite version of the games that will have all of your in-game items, stats and rivals and preserve the current in-game environment in case Myspace shuts down before we can figure out a more permanent solution.

How that is going to work is that when the offsite version of the games are available, you will see a link in the Myspace version of the games directing you to the new site. Once you click that link, it will pull your Myspace data including your in-game information and email. All you need to do here is create a new password. Your log in information on the new site will just be your email address and the new password. To ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible, it is imperative that you have a current email address associated with your game account. If you have not done so already, please update your information through the in-game banner at the top of the page.

Here is how it will look in-game:

Capture.jpg

Keep in mind that this is designed to be a temporary measure in case the games on Myspace disappear next week. Preserving all of your user information is essential to any further plans we have in the works. The reason that this is a temporary measure is because social networks are important to many aspects of the game and for drawing in new players. This new offsite portal will be a closed environment only open to those who already have a Myspace account. This is a top priority for us and we'll be aiming to have this ready to go for next week.

Until then, we ask that our community, if you haven't already, contact Myspace in any way that you can and voice your displeasure at this sudden decision. That said, a polite word is always more effective than an expletive-laden rant, so if you do decide to contact Myspace, please make sure to be respectful. We want Myspace to think the best of our community and feel sad about how they've gone about this whole process. We don't have any contact information for them and they are difficult to reach, but if you feel like practicing your Google-fu please feel free to do so.

Alright, that's all we have at the moment! If there are any new developments, we'll let you know post-haste!

Update: We are just finalizing a sign-up page for the Myspace off-site version, which should go up the morning of (Saturday, June 8, 2013 PST). The header will have a link which will take players to a simple sign-up page that will ask you to create a password. Once created, your email and this password will be your log in information for the off-site version when it goes up. It's very important to ensure that you've updated your email address correctly.
    Again, the off-site version isn't up and running yet, this is just a sign-up page to register for the off-site. This doesn't transfer or change your account, it's simply creating log-in information for the Myspace-free version. Please register your email and password soon, as the sooner everyone's registered for the off-site version the better.

Update: Get the latest here!

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose New Member

Just how do you contact MYSPACE? They had taken all ways to contact them away from us last time I tried... no matter though once they take the game links away both me and my Son will be de-activating our MYSPACE accounts completely

3. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

will my account travel to the face book one and replace it???

4. geff gur

geff gur Member

we appreciate your hard work. i know it's not easy to rush this way, and it's difficult to migrate such a large game and community! if there is anything we can do to help out (more than you've already told us), let us know. Shadows on the Water stands ready to assist if we can!

5. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

Same here @blue Rose... No need for it with the games gone

6. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

Thanks Mi7ch for the Updates and Keeping us going.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you have a Myspace account and choose to move it over to the offsite portal, that won't affect your Facebook account in any way.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for all the kind words, folks! :)

The situation isn't ideal in any sense, but we appreciate your understanding and patience as we try to sort things out!

9. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Two of the games might be a hassle to merge on Kong since the games are already on there.

10. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

thanks for keeping us updated Mi7ch i seen this right before it even hit the news feed and i started posting it in all the game feeds about the newest information and whats going on as of right now

11. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I did the same by posting the link as well.

12. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

the only 2 games i am really worried about are my Viking Clan and Pirate Clan the other 2 i havent really done really to good to even bother with them

13. geff gur

geff gur Member

i feel the same way, skullrazor. my friends and my teams on those two games are amazing people. they've literally changed my life and the way i look at myself, and the way i approach events that affect me. no matter what, i will ALWAYS be grateful to them for that! :)

14. Christopher Gregory

Christopher Gregory New Member

Hello everyone,

In case it is not correct or is not wanted, I will not post it here unless requested to do so, but I did a lookup on the myspace.com domain name and there is an 800 phone number listed for their network engeneers. This *may* only be for the data center they are using, but judging by the fact that it is also listed for the abuse phone number, I believe that they may well be able to pass on any displeasure that people are wishing to express.

Regards,

Christopher

15. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

it has been stated the portal is a temp fix. will then the accounts be merged into one on facebook per say. or the myspace account replace the fb one.

16. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I do not like the Kong site. To hard to get around on, and very messy.
    Merging the accounts into Facebook is not a go. I had games that got merged into FB from MySpace was horrible.
    There seems to be a new social network on the rise which seems simple as when MySpace came out. FriendBurst, and they have a game section.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the offsite portal. D'oh!

As for any future plans, all we're talking about right now is anything relating to the offsite measure. Once we have more concrete details on anything else, we'll let you know what the deal is. :)

18. Just Dreym

Just Dreym Member

I hope things turn out for the best. :) I know kano will be fair about it, we put alot of time into our myspace accounts.

19. bangers

bangers New Member

Mi7ch Just wondering, how many people play Kano games on myspace, and the 800 number that was found should be posted here so we all can call it, overload then with calls.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  20. momma2.0

momma2.0 Member

Thank you Mi7ch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.