Myspace Removing Games from their Network

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Bread, Jun 6, 2013.

1. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

I would consider kongregate or the kanoplay.com, I do not want to go to facebook. I like keeping my gaming and social media separate. I don't know much about kanoplay.com, but it seems it would be safer, as kanoplay would likely be around as long as kano was around..in case kongregate folds.

2. ben

ben Active Member

this is not about terminate of some ones game ...the games are not being terminated but transferd in what i understand...

say ms remove them now the games are still running but no way to get on them...

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Having a kano site for the games would be great.

Transfer full intact accounts there.

4. ben

ben Active Member

i think that would be the best way to go...

5. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I want to fight and keep the games on MySpace. I have an account on FB already, and Facebook has become junk where it is hard to play the games on there. Another issue like someone suggested that people on MS transfer their accounts over to FB, and have their FB account deleted would hurt people like me? I was made a founder over their in a VC guild. We also may need to expand the Guilds, clans, mob family and so forth to 50 so that we can have our family here be with us over there.

Second, the music artists are still leaving MySpace as is. They know if MS did get rid of the games? It would hurt them to attract fans if they all leave.

Third, my email address to get info for both Facebook and MySpace newsletters for the games are the same.

6. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

I selected kongregate, but if the accounts could fully transfer as is to kanoplay.com, that would be a better solution

7. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I think both sites you mention Kongrate and Kanoplay is connected with Facebook. You could login using your Facebook account. The problem is I have FB for all the games over there, and it could mess up my Myspace games if I transfer them over to any of them.

8. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

think their in the process of removing all the games right now cause i cant even connect to myspace right now

9. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I am on MySpace and playing the games as we speak.

10. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

just thought of this, how about for the thing that you guys put at the bottom of the screen on myspace to say were you would like the game to migrate to i think a better thing to do is whoever chose to go to facebook put there account there and whoever chose kongregate gets there acount put there. and same goes for kano play. this would equal alot less dissatisfied people and i think would make everybody happy.

11. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

well i got back on but Polish is having a problem getting back onto myspace to but its doing the same thing that happen to me a few mins ago where myspace was running slow and when i did get connected to myspace and got to the game section and i clicked on Viking Clan or any of the other games all it did was say loading then when it didnt load said refresh page and when i did that still wouldnt load for the longest time but i am back on just polish is having a problem now

12. sloveless76

sloveless76 New Member

Istand with u on that. I deleted my FB acct a year ago with zero intention of going back.

13. ok quick question, i played this game nearly 900 days on myspace, i made a viking on facebook and absolutely hated starting over, and really never played, i think my facebook viking is level 200, my myspace viking is easing up on level 6000, what would be done in this sort of situation, can i pick which account i want to keep, or am i stuck with a level 200 baby and all the time i put in on this one just goes up in smoke or what?

14. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

1st off - Wonder Bread - thank you for making this thread - it's been quite helpful. I also thank you for explaining that KANO will not be returning emails currently about this subject. As long as us gamers understand this, that's great to know that KANO is working on this situation.
    2nd - It's my hope that KANO will allow us Myspace players to transfer our current games - as I am a level 16600 (or approximately) there's no way I'd ever consider starting over.
    3rd - Myself and many others are hoping that KANO will start a website for players that will have all your games separate and apart from social media sites. One day Facebook will be considered as outdated as Myspace currently is. In 2008, y'all might remember that it was Myspace that was the big todo, and Facebook was a 2nd rate site. Things do change.

Thanks again for all your help here Wonder Bread.

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ms removal

Considering that rhis whole ms thing has been a very real possability for quite some time and kano stated after the hi5 fiasco over a year ago that they would be working on better transitions should it happen again.....so ive no doubt they have a solid plan, its not as if they were off developing new games or anything....lol. personally ~ think ms pc n vc are easy fixes...simply move all verifiable accounts to kong and we can pick up where we left off withe additional benefit of less abandoned and or alt accouts. Zs and lcn would be a bit more crazy as those games already exist on kong....but they are relatively new games there so the impact of a merge would be far less severe as it would to a fully matured game enviroment like fb. Whatever happens....kano needs to figure out away to allow us are full clan from the get go, perhaps default us are number of clan and then subtract as we gather new real clan

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Agreed , Polish, they need to ship you myspace players to Kong :) seems like it might be an easier transition, to me anyway :) ( in my limited understanding :p)
    Ya gotta wonder what the other companies are doing, if anything for their players in the other games Myspace is dumping.

17. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

I am sorry, but I had to speak up at this point. I play on Kongregate, as well as the other two servers, but Kongregate is the only one I have interest in. It is a terrible idea to throw all the MS players onto ZS Kongregate.

Less of an impact? What are you talking about? It will have a drastic and unbelievable effect on Kongregate. Our highest level is under 2k still (The highest levels buy their way to the top (no issues, just saying the average player level is far lower)), and you propose throwing in swarms of 3k+ people? That makes no sense at all. Talk about unbalancing the server in a drastic way.

What does make sense, sort of, is to transfer them to a server that has been around for the same amount of time, ie. Facebook, not a server that has been around for 6 months. Give your heads a shack please, and abandon that notion, because you will be screwing over all the Kongregate players. There is enough drama there already with the MOFO/GD/EVIL/TZOS/IDC faction wars.

Moving to kanoplay.com is just moving them to Facebook, with a different url to log into, and a slightly different interface. It would work, and they could get around the Terms of Service issues on Facebook by having their own login portal for the MS accounts.

They could also make another independent server and copy all of the MS players intact there, and let them continue. This is by far the best solution for keeping characters intact, however, it is probably hard on their end to justify the cost of recreating a server that was already dying to begin with. Even if they copied it over and everyone continued as it was on MS, the number of new players will continue to drop, and the number of old players leaving will continue to rise. MS is an elitists club, full of douchery and drama anyways. Even if they did this option, it would take time to setup, and in that time, more and more are going to leave anyways.

Choose a server to restart on, with a UN credit package based on Loyalty Points. If you have a character there already, you get the UN package for that character. This is MySpace's doing, not Kano's, get over it.

So anyways, either Kano makes an independent server for the MS players to be copied to, or you restart with some sort of compensation package. The former seems unlikely, the latter is reality.

18. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well i am not even able to play on facebook right now either altho i do have a mob wars an pirates over there it keeps saying DNS Failed whatever that means..an not including its not even letting me log into myspace either...

19. I would definitely prefer Kano to have its own site and to transfer all of their games there, everyone would start from exactly where they are as of the transfer date. Never having this issue arise again would be my preference. However, I have no idea what that would entail at Kano's end.

While I would drop significantly in rank on the leader board, it would be fun to go about the business of regaining my current or better ranking. :)

If that option isn't viable, then I agree with Polish, we should transfer to this kongregate place, intact and ready to rock n roll from where we are now.

I loathe the idea of moving to facebook. As someone else stated in one of these threads, if I wanted to play there, I would already be doing that. Facebook is a mess and getting messier by the day. I have NO desire to go there.

20. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Kongregate transfer only makes sense for the two games that aren't already. There is no way they are going to unbalance the MW/ZS servers on Kongregate, that would be utterly stupid.

As for people complaining about Facebook, I really don't know what people are talking about. It has played essentially the same for me for three years. The Kano games themselves aren't any different, just because some Facebook functionality has changed, it shouldn't have much impact on your Kano apps playing. Maybe I am biased as I only use Facebook for ZS and it's always open in my browser. It's way better than MySpace's slow ass and unnecessary assist popups, and their script errors.