July 19th- Developer Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

One small thing to mention:

-Bonus XP for joining a friends Coop Boss Battle is now rewarded

2. Eddie

Eddie Member

Nice! This should motivate people to join bosses more. 346 EXP for joining, I like :)

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You earned +1 XP for joining this Coop Boss Battle.

Uggh ...

4. there must be daily limit on first 20 Bosses attack large exp drops

You are the 7th Viking to join this battle. Help defeat the boss to earn rewards.

You earned +327 XP for joining this Coop Boss Battle.

You are the 1st Viking to join this battle. Help defeat the boss to earn rewards.
    You earned +1 XP for joining this Coop Boss Battle.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes there is a limiter in place, we will watch it and adjust as appropriate. We wanted to do a test to see if this helps increase boss helpers. Giving out bonus XP without limits can be a dangerous thing, right now it is helping 20 friend bosses in a day, what we want to prevent is people just joining boss fights for bonus XP and not actually helping out in the boss fight.

We plan to release some extra bonuses for coop bosses related to the # of friends you have actively helping.

6. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

That will be great for people that have built up friend networks across the game.

The participation issue is thorny. If someone did just one hit to everyone they could find, they would not be a welcome "spot" in my boss fights when I encourage 50 people to get involved. Kind of the opposite problem of overhitting a boss, preventing lil clan members from getting a shot at drops (after you give them the pointers for it!).

7. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

http://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/boss/view/730133821/102

50 people in there! What kind of things? I notice 2 people got favor points which is pretty good itself. More would be better. But we cannot bankrupt you ... <maybe>

8. Good comment he he >> bankrupt you ... <maybe> <<