July 19th- Developer Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

One small thing to mention:

-Bonus XP for joining a friends Coop Boss Battle is now rewarded

2. You are the 1st Pirate to join this battle. Help defeat the boss to earn rewards.

You earned +1 XP for joining this Coop Boss Battle.

i was getting 114 XP.

what happened?

if its suppose to be just 1 xp for joining,no real motivation there.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  3. cesarr

cesarr Member

I think it's because you've already joined a boss fight, if you got 114 xp for every boss fight you join it'll get abused so that's why you get 1 xp, I think.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Right now there is a hard limit in place of 20 boss helps in 24-hrs for max bonus, we will watch it and adjust as appropriate. We wanted to do a test to see if this helps increase boss helpers. Giving out bonus XP without limits can be a dangerous thing. What we want to prevent is people just joining boss fights for bonus XP and not actually helping out in the boss fight. This will likely change to being involved in 15 active boss fights to motivate players to clear out their existing ones before starting a new one.

We plan to release some extra bonuses for coop bosses tied to the # of friends you have actively helping, say you have 5 of 10 helpers, you get +x% more XP per attack etc.

5. I've been getting 42xp extra for every battle. I probably help out on 10 or less a day, so that would explain why I haven't gotten 1xp extra. lol

6. every 24 hours boss help limit resets back to max 20 boss help (with good exp drop from first attack- depends on your level)

so you help only 10 boss a day and if you want to get 1exp you need to help 20+ boss a day :p

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  7. hope players dont get mad i only hit once.
    1 hit but big damage lol.