[Forums] Turf War shot problems

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Lucian Costa, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Lucian Costa

Lucian Costa New Member

I am getting a lot of messages about "a shot already being in process" in both Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra and the other three Kano games. It has been like that for a couple of days now. I wonder if an update has made them buggy? I cannot say if it's the same for calendars, as I am not doing any of those at the moment.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've had it happen 2 times in FB VC as well in the last day or 2, never seen it before.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There was an update and this is an effort to make the entire system less buggy overall as there have been reported issues with some of the clear bonuses. The check you are seeing is making sure 2 "shots" are not being processed at the same time and yes this will also affect the Calendars. As this change is recent we will continue to monitor its effectiveness so hold tight for now.

Apologies for any inconvenience from your normal play.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It does not happen as much as yest but it does still happen.

5. Lucian Costa

Lucian Costa New Member

Still a major annoyance for me.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks Lucian but you don't need to post this multiple times to each game specific forum. Still looking into some issues with the Challenges and will hopefully be able to get rid of this message soon.

7. Pezinator

Pezinator Member

i'm getting the same thing, gets quite annoying having to wait 5 seconds in between shots sucks

8. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i have to admit the problem seems to be getting worse lately
    I've now noticed every time i do my first turf shot it comes up with that annoying "theres a shot in progress" pop up
    its happening every time you try to do the 1st one then fine, come back in a few hrs to do them again and the 1st attempt always gets the pop so there seems to be a prob now as its getting worse

9. Pezinator

Pezinator Member

exactly, when i first go to do mine, first 2 tims are current shot is in progress, and then 3rd time works fine, only seems to be happening to the challenges

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Same here, get a arrow after 4hrs or so etc. go to use it in VC "shot in progress" It's the 1st shot for me as well opening up the challenge everytime.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Many of you are noticing the "Another action is in progress" message occurring more often than usual. As stated in my first post in this thread we have had issues in particular with clear bonuses for some players. A couple of changes have been made to "lock" your game to ensure the integrity of each shot, ammo purchase, reload, etc however this seems to be slowing many players down.

We will look to reduce the occurrences of this and any changes with respect to this will be communicated on the forums, likely in this post. Apologies for any inconvenience with your Challenges but we do appreciate your patience and understanding as we sort this out. I would say we have made some good strides however the finish line has moved sideways a few times.

12. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well peeps its been happening too me as well an i mean sometimes it goes back to back with that problem.....i hope u all get it fix soon

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Just a quick update. A change was released today that reduces the amount of data we are passing around for each challenge action. This should optimize actions such as shooting in the Turf Wars or opening Calendar doors. I cannot guarantee that you will not see the "Another action is in progress" message anymore but this should help.

Please let us know if you are experiencing issues with the challenges and we will look into it.

14. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

I get the error message each and very time I do a calendar or turf war. It isn't when I am doing a lot of shots in a row either, it is when I have only one shot to do. Sometimes I even get it twice in a row.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you for the report and it looks like we have still missed the mark here. We will continue to evaluate how the challenges are performing and hopefully get this rectified in the very near future.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

How are the Challenges performing for everyone? <bracing myself>

Just a couple of things to report. While it appears the "Shot in progress" message is still occurring too frequently we scored an improvement in that there were no reports of player's Mother's Day Calendars closing after one shot which has been an isolated problem for the past while, especially in LCN.

Also, just yesterday we further reduced the amount of data/memory needed for each Challenge action which should help overall performance.

There is still some work to be done investigating the issue above in that the concurrent action message seems to appear when you have a bullet/key that as been recently reloaded. As always I will keep you all posted as future changes occur.

17. Christopher Gregory

Christopher Gregory New Member

Hello Smack,

Whilst I am not getting an error message pop up, I notice that in the turf war in the facebook version of mob wars, when I take a shot at some of the targets, even though the target has been "killed", I get no xp and no cash for the shot. This happens randomley (you have to absolutely hate that kind of error!), in so much as it can happen even if I have let shots automatically build up, buy a couple of extra shots with fp's. I find that when this happens it is mostly when I take the shots to those in the back middle, or to the person standing to the left underneath the windows. I have only been playing this game for about 8 days, and am not sure if this is normal, or if it actually is a bug.

By the way, are you folk the same developers of the twitter game mobsterworld? (Sorry I know this question is not on the topic of this game).

Christopher

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Christopher, as getting no exp it's not a "BUG" It is a random shot you will receive a payout, nothing is 100% check the pay out % it'll show you.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks Jades for answering that question. And that is correct, the Turf War challenges do not award payout 100% of the time. For any given shot you have a 25% chance of that thug paying out nothing. Musta been a low earner ;)

As for "mobsterworld", no this is not us.

20. Christopher Gregory

Christopher Gregory New Member

Hello Smack,

I am noticing an increase in the "Another action is currently in progress. Please try again." in my dubai high roller. It *seems* to be occurring just after the chips have been reloaded, even though the counter is counting down again to the next chip reload.

Whilst it does not last that long, sometimes I get it several times in a row. It definitely happens a number of times during the day when I play the high roller.

Another thing that I am noticing, is that there seems to be a lag between accepting a friend request, and being able to send them a join mob request. You have to refresh the page multiple times before the failure message that you must be friends before sending a request message disappears.

Another really annoying thing is that more often than not, if you click on one of the game links, for no reason at all it spits you back to the home page of your game.

The last to annoyances possibly should not have been added to this thread, so my apologies for doing so, but I did not want to start another couple of threads.

Regards,

Christopher