[Other] Proposed World Boss Change

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Smack, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

The total XP gained from the boss.

Yes, its the same XP gained in the same amount of time, but you're doing 4 times as much damage. The boss will die in the same number of attacks as it is currently, but we will get less XP for each attack, thus less XP for the entire boss overall.

The boss dies faster, and we're sitting there for days on end with no world boss to hit.

Terrible idea.

our last teen popstar is over the a level 30, The last round it died in 9 days and 7 hours. With this implemented it would be dead in less than 48 hours, as It will be attacked 8 times faster.

the carnival queen that just got killed was in critical for 3 hours and 52 minutes before it was dead, There is only 1 world boss that even has a 1/4 of the health left when it goes critical, Even that one would be totaly obliterated by 4 times as much damage. most likley in about 5 days and some change.

This mean, never will we have 2 world bosses at the same time, far less (fractional) XP rewards from all of them, and several days in between that we have no boss to hit at all.

I really hope this was not your intention when you dreamed it up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Certainly not. The time between attacks and level thresholds presented were mainly for discussion purposes but thank you for exposing some downsides with how it currently reads. I will take this to the team and see if there is some room to continue exploring this in an amicable fashion for all parties.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

It seems most people that would request to attack the world boss faster is because they are not dying in a timely fashion.... or at all for example on kong.

From the feedback here, Im not the only one that likes the 1 attack per 4 hours just fine and dandy. There are better ways to resolve the critical and surviving wold boss issue than boosting up the attacks.

and as far as moving UP the health to accomidate for more attacks, You never got it right the first time.

I dont know about facebook, but the very first canrival freaks on MS went critical and every single time since. The carnival queen followed shortly after.

4. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Eraser I've moved your thread about world boss numbers here as it appeared to be relevant to this discussion and didn't need to be it's own thread.

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

Thanks, but Id really like to get the correct numbers for the drop rewards. Aparently I dont know how those are calculated. Sort of messes up the whole Idea of what I was posting. I nearly deleted the whole thing because of it.

If it didnt take me so long to put all that together I probably would have.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Hmmm I think that would handle up on the carnival queen nicley, but i think the circus freaks would still go critical.

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

yeah by far, Kong is the worst calculated health, carnival queen was only critical for 3 hours and 52 minutes on FB tho.... I got every attack I could and just barely broke even with what I could if it died 24 hours before it went critical (Including the last days regular boss hits)

and I had to stay up from 2am-5:52 am to get that. If I went to sleep id just be totally screwed. out of the efforts of 55 attacks in 13 days.

9. polishpimp

I actually dont mind that the bosses "goes critical " now and then, other wise its just plain boring knowing its going to die each and every time before we even start it...wheres the challenge in that?

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

Its supposed to die everytime IMO. Just like my regular bosses, never once have they defeated me... (but I dont start any boss I cant handle on my own)

The challenge? Race your faction/guild/syndicate and top squad innecircle familia what have you for most attacks or highest damage? I used to do that all the time :p

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Whoa, that ain't right! This is off topic for this thread but thanks for the heads up as that should not be at all.

12. polishpimp

If the boss is supposed to die every time....then its a simple fix, leave everything the way it is and remove the time limit

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

no way, i like hittin every 15 mins on the last day...lots of exp to be had

14. polishpimp

So do I. Im not advocating to eliminate the time limit.....just saying that they might as well if the boss needs to be guaranteed to die every time. Im most likely the minority,,,,but I dont think it should be a guaranteed kill, I like not knowing and having to earn it, I like the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat"....it drives me to do better

15. Demonik1

im with ya on that one, they should leave the current world bosses as they are and just add a new one with the proposed changes...whats wrong with that? nothing, they just like their ideas better than ours haha

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

The time limits are there to folow a schedule. They Dont want 3 wold bosses going at one time, They make sure one is dead before that other one starts.

Is killing world bosses really a "thrill"?

I have timers on all my bosses, they go for days, Rarley does one last more than minutes. A few take a couple of hours if Im working on the achievements for them.

edit:

On second thought, Removing the timer from the world bosses would be frikkkin sweet.

We could potentially have all 4 of them running at one time, You would get a similar number of attacks as the ones that go critical, but they are full XP, and you would collect max reward tier at the end. (based on all those attacks at full xp)

Thats an Excellent Idea, 200 gold stars polish!!!! (one black dot for not thinking its a good idea yourself)

17. Demonik1

has anything come of this idea one way or the other?

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

nope. They kept it how it is.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Based on feedback we have gone back to the drawing board to re-evaluate any changes to World Bosses. When we have something to share we will do so here in the forums.

So in short no changes as of yet however we did release a new World Boss to both Viking Clan and Pirate Clan just last week. They will start to attack in early March.

20. slave

slave Member

now this post is a classic example of what we are talking about

developers wanting to do one thing - while gamers want something else
    and no matter how we seem to serve it up, you guys keep coming back to the table with something that doesnt work for us
    it seems that we are asking a simple simple thing - reduce boss health so we can kill it before it goes critical
    when it goes critical all the work we put into the boss before that becomes degraded so badly that the lowly popstar pays double what something much harder to kill pays - how is that possible? we dust the popstar and and get 25 percent, we work our asses off to kill the freaks and get 6 percent.....

reduce the health so all the attacks we put in on the freaks payoff at 25 percent, thats what we want, nothing complex, not some prorated formula that no one understands or wants, we like the 4 hour hit format, we just want to kill it in a timely fashion and with the rate you guys (kano) are chasing people out of this game it has become impossible