Kamikaze and Anchor hired squad

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by God of Bacon, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

@ Wonderbread

This is the kind of idea you cant expect a lot of community feedback on. because its so specific.

Lets face it there are only about 50 active forum members that frequent the ideas section. If you say there are more, please link me ANY idea with 50 votes on it. Now those 50 players are split up as this is a very ZS specific idea, so now we are down to a potential market of about 15, because anyone not playing zs would not understand the needs of it in ZS. (as they should Mathew). Then Seperate our 15 active zombie slayers into PVP players with raked skill points, because those that this would not help would remain quiet as they dont need it, and it could potentially help all those rowdy folks that like to beat them up.

And what your left with... Is an Idea that should have been around since the beginning of hired squad. That would help hundreds of players in the game. Just not receiving much support because of how many specifics are involved.

Ive often wondered how different the community would be if the "spamomatic" software had not automatically denied almost 30 thousand people from registering to the forums.

Sure some of those where spammers, but I know my registration was denied because of it... I think it would be safe to say that a large majority (maybe even 95+ percent) of those denied registrations where legit players. Yes, they could have done as I and many others, and sent emails to support to get their account opened, but how much red tape do you expect someone to go thru in order to sign up for a forum.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

ERASER, I try to stay away from voting on ZS posts but you know as well 1 game= next game, you guy's seem to be at the biggest loss in the KANO games, which if you effect my game in VC for idea I'll comment not vote it down. Maybe the 40 hit's need to be increased so can actually play game not stick to DB???

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

Not really Man, 1 game does not always = the next. Especially in ideas like this when they are clearly specific about details that have nothing to do with any of the other structures than ZS.

Even in ideas that could be transfered to other games, does not always mean that they will. For example, ZS never got a war points system, and ZS is the only game to have the bonus gamerpoints. those ideas could easily be introduced to all games, but they're not.

In some ways I am glad there is a 41 attack limit in ZS, there are just things that I would like to see changed about it, for example less ambushes to go along with the lesser amount of attacks, punches and list not reseting the time on the attack counter, hitlist attacks not absorbing from your regular 41 available attacks, and ambushes and boobytraps returning to the old way of placement on the rivals list.

I dont really see where you get off on the "Maybe the 40 hit's need to be increased so can actually play game not stick to DB???" statement because there are not that many ZS players that are active on the DB. Im active just because Im opinionated.

I really dont get it You didnt even mention as to why you wouldnt want to see this in Vikings as it is so obvious that it would not work in the chieftain structure. It was posted as an addition to the zs structure, Could it be possible that you put a 1 on it just for the sake that it was published by my hot-headed friend bacon?

Magic 8 ball says, "Very likely"

Its deconstructive, and immature, but hey, you're allowed to do that. I certainly had more respect for you before denied it tho.

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Okay, it's been 3 days now. I think 3 days is enough time to say yes or no to an idea. What's the verdict?

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

This isn't something we're currently considering for implementation, as there doesn't appear to be much community support or desire for it. I prefer to give players time to muster support for ideas they're passionate about, but as it stands there's little evidence to suggest that this would be a positive addition to the game, based on community feedback.

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Little evidence? How about the fact that there are people who like to put new slayers in their top squad to help them out, but can't afford to because they need more strength. It would substantially help the slayers with more skill points in one aspect than the other. Right now people like me get the short end of the stick with brawlers, but the balance builds do great with them. How about you just come out and say it. All the devs are too lazy for it and you're trying to favor a specific group of people. As eraser said, this is something that should have been there in the beginning, but was left out for some reason.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Time for yet another bump here. Let me give you another scenario.

[BURN] Fear My Lemons
    Level 558 Butcher [BURN] - Recruiting - Joined 22 days ago

That's me on kong, taking a fast leveling approach and pretty soon i'll have an attack that's either the highest in the game, or at least high enough to rival 1 or two people. What am I supposed to do for TS strength? Other slayers aren't going to help me run at maximum capacity. Am i supposed to buy 20 Hired squad and upgrade them all every time i surpass them in strength(which will be a lot since I don't have defense)? Right now a brawler gives me the same attack benefit as a striker. How am I supposed to work with that? This needs to be done to help people who surpass the others. This would not negatively affect the game at all, I'm not sure why you're so opposed to putting this in.

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

bumping again

9. cbhitman

cbhitman Member

Kano u just dont care about us!!!!!

10. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

bumping yet again

11. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

needs another bump

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

This needs to be on the latest page.

[BURN] Fear My Lemons
    Level 558 Butcher [BURN] - Recruiting - Joined 22 days ago

That's me on kong, taking a fast leveling approach and pretty soon i'll have an attack that's either the highest in the game, or at least high enough to rival 1 or two people. What am I supposed to do for TS strength? Other slayers aren't going to help me run at maximum capacity. Am i supposed to buy 20 Hired squad and upgrade them all every time i surpass them in strength(which will be a lot since I don't have defense)? Right now a brawler gives me the same attack benefit as a striker. How am I supposed to work with that? This needs to be done to help people who surpass the others. This would not negatively affect the game at all, I'm not sure why you're so opposed to putting this in.

13. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Any sort of reply kano? nothing at all?

14. Wonder Bread

@GoB I responded a few weeks ago to let you know that it wasn't something we were considering for development, and the reasons why. After speaking with a developer about this, I wanted to let you know that while we wouldn't implement a hired squad with the stats you posted about, we will consider adding heavily skewed Hired Squad choices. As such, I've moved this to "Ideas we're considering" with the understanding that, if implemented, the stats would be different than in the OP.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean it's been added to our Dev queue, just that, with the proper balancing, it's something that could be added to the game.

15. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Any update on this? Did you figure out what you think would be a more proper balance? Is it being worked on?

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

no reply kano?

17. Wonder Bread

As I mentioned above, ideas in this section aren't necessarily in our Dev queue, which means there isn't anything to update about this at this time.

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

So you're telling me that an idea that you've been "considering" for over a week has no update at all? 8 days and you haven't decided anything about an idea that you like to pass off as "considering"?

19. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

So I know you said there was no update yet, but can we get an update? If you want to claim to be "considering" you should at least be talking about and discussing with us what you think is fair balance.

20. Eraser

Eraser Member

This will be the 4th brawler I have to buy since this was put into "considering" and about the 10th time I had to upgrade something

having over double attack to defense makes the brawlers a lot less effective for my top squad/hired requirements than somone with a balanced build.

this really does seems like one of those overnight updates, are we waiting until I have all 20 hired spots filled and 3-5 brawlers in my top squad already?