Kill or Bounty Bully List :mad:

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ParashuramaBloodAxeLegend, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hel

Hel New Member

Bullies?

Right, so you guys have actually got 2 issues:

1. Cheating - this should be dealt with by either the FB devs or the game devs. Keep messaging them. Send proof. But I'd be willing to bounty/attack/slap those mongrels.

2. Bullying - Frankly, the game is set up to attack, attack, attack. If you are constantly getting attacked - get over it. This is the way the game works. Every time I heal up its piranha central - 3 or more players attacking at once. This situation is viewed by me with gratitude: I have people to fight!! It costs very little to counter if someone is constantly attacking you - then you get more xp per fight than you would on a standard attack anyway, and lose less health. I bounty hunt this way eg I am hunting, someone is attacking me, I keep them busy with counters while I get kills. And I sometimes level off it at the same time. Woohoo! Bounty traps are also cheap, way cheaper than bounties. You can also message in game to join clans. Personally, I will not fight back if someone attacks me and loses, but they can increase their boost to a win. Then I might attack back. But the xp sucks, so mosty I cant be bothered. The only reasons anyone gets upset is a) because their delicate sensibilities are injured by more than 3 attacks, in this case I would suggest farmville as a game, not VC or; b) someone higher is attacking you. A higher level can only attack down for a small (and I mean like 5 MINS!!) window of time. Stop attacking back, its stupid. If you do attack back and win (and you can hit up quite high and win a fight), you are getting xp, stop complaining. Bountiers you can trap back, or you can axeslap and counterattack. If you time your counters right, you get an easy and cheap kill. If you are worried about precious fight stats, you will get bountied a LOT. I bounty most people who attack then hide in the hospital, almost automatically if I see good fight stats - the only way you can maintain them at my level is by being a sneaky pain in the backside and denying others xp by hospital hiding. Bearing in mind, though, when you die, you lose very little xp, comparitively speaking it can be regained with less than 5 fights. Most escalating fight situations can be disarmed with a "nice battle" and "lets be clan."

So, (in my opinion) a bully thread is not necessary in this game. There is a solution for everything, even if you ask your own clan to help, the game is set up for it. The devs thought it out quite well, (again, just my opinion) but someone will always feel hard done by when they see an attack, or a death but thats just whining. My point is, no bully should be able to stop you progressing in the game - you can always level even if it is on counters.

Hel. :eek:

2. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Oh I agree to a degree with what you say. But my example is someone whom I can't attack (too strong), COULD bounty (for several hundreds of billions), COULD bounty trap (also for several hundreds of billions), and counterattacking/axeslapping wont help since he never attacks and axeslaps are laughable.

My problem with him is that I havent attacked him in months, yet he is still able to attack me/bounty me despite the level difference. Meaning he is using a loophole the devs overlooked. And he used a "suspected" alt whom I didnt know to bounty me. Level 40 and having 80 billion to bounty me? please. So not only is this guy simply OBSESSED with bountying me, he cheats along the way.

3. Eddie

Eddie Member

he bounties me and many others also, so get over it.

4. Sigdrifa

Sigdrifa New Member

For the most part, I agree with Hel. Getting attacked is part of the game. Attacked extends to axe slaps and bounties. I have a pair of very high-level players in the game (2000+) who slap me round the clock and I often sign in to find myself dead by one of them axe slapping me. But even I would hesitate to call this bullying especially as I've returned the favour more than once ;)

Where I do draw the line is when the VC messaging system gets abused. I have as of late had a rash of players do what I would consider spam, filling up my inbox with "Eat my axe" and "Prepare to die". Nothing scares a level 1400s player more than a level 129 person saying "Prepare to die", for sure :rolleyes: but the thing that bothers me is not so much the message as the FREQUENCY of messaging. If over half of my inbox is full of trash talk I consider this an abuse of the messaging system, I think that person IS bullying (psychological warfare) regardless of their level, and until the devs change the messaging system, what it means in the short-term is having their link on hand to... have a little fun. Make them regret all those messages. In sum, bullying the bullies.

I do help my clan when they ask me, which inevitably has brought accusations of bullying. A couple of my chieftains have gone to me and asked me to please lay off So-and-So, and I do, but it's important for them to realise if I'm bothering So-and-So it's because they're doing the same crud to my clan than I'm doing to them. When my clan does axe slap campaigns, I'm not going to refrain on every post just because I'm a high-level player and it's "not fair". I assure you I've been axe slapped and probably more than most in this game, and yeah... that's the way the game works. If it weren't for axe slaps I would have quit a long time ago out of boredom.

Remember to have fun... this is a fighting, killing game, and if you don't find it fun to kill and be killed virtually... well, you know... :cool:

5. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

three times in 8 minutes time?

6. Hel

Hel New Member

Interesting...

The alt accounts situation: I agree this is a bad thing - but I do think its a dev issue and should be run that way - or reported to the site. No question with that. However it is interesting to note that they are bugging others too. I'm curious as to why they love you so much, though. Either you are cheap bounty or you have become appealing in another way. I tried a couple of times to carry grudges but ended up forgetting who it was with by the next time I logged on.

Sigdrifa, you make an excellent point with the messaging system, what a nuisance, I never even considered that. I've certainly not run across it, though I will say - what a waste of time for them! I do also help out clan members with bounties when I am asked - its not very often though.

One of the reason I get nippy about bully complaints is early on in the game I got hitlisted on another game for "chaining" (more than 3 attacks in a row) in VC. It was quickly sorted out with a couple of messages, but I notice people bring across ideologies/standards from other games and get upset about the kill 'em all style of VC, which is one of its biggest appeals for me. I don't want to see any kind of ettiquette imposed into the game by well-meaning people with players wanting support because they got axe-slapped to death or the like. It would destroy the fun.

:D

7. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Well, I'm relatively "cheap" to bounty I suppose? Around 45 billion on the first bounty. But he spent 1150 BILLION on me already in five days (Sorry, in the english language I have no idea what comes after billion).

8. :rolleyes: Ok its million than Billion and than Trillion yea im not english also dont know whats after trillion:D

9. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Yeah and in dutch its miljoen, miljard, biljoen, biljard, triljoen, triljard :p. But yeah I forgot trillion. He spent 1.15 Trillion on me in 5 days time.

You decide if thats cheap or not?

10. Hel

Hel New Member

Hey it was only a suggestion as to why he was picking on you particularly, wasn't trying to insult the size of your bounty...

Any word from the devs yet?

11. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

I didnt take it as an insult. Sorry, after rereading it I realise I sounded like an ass with that.

As for the devs, well they read the forums, I sent them a notification through the myspace notification system about this guy's "suspected" many accounts before, but never really got a reply.

12. chronicus smokimus

chronicus smokimus New Member

you can only perform one axe slap on a person in every one hour. so it wouldn't be possible to get 22 on one person in one hour.

13. Hel

Hel New Member

I have a twisted sense of humour, M, I wasn't offended and the first part of my post was really tongue-in-cheek, I realise this situation must be frustrating for you and was just injecting a bit of humour to lighten the mood a little ;)

The second part, however was serious - if he is ruining your game, how would you like us to help? Not sure what would be effective for this situation.

14. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

I guess I'm just trying first of all to show people this guy is (likely) a cheater. Of course there are more cheaters in this game, judging by the amount of bots (come on, sending me an invitation message the second I log in? Even with hyperfast internet I wouldnt be able to move my mouse THAT fast).

Secondly I would just like people to kick his ass XD. Not just for me, but, ya know...spreading his name. Everybody likes to target asshole players ;). I know I do.