Delete notification who killed arena player.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dutchman, Jan 11, 2013.

?

Remove the notification of the player that got the kill in the Arena?

1. agree

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. do not agree

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is tough to have a civil discussion when people come aross as arrogant or condescending. All people would like is that the Arena be what it was suppose to be. I can dig it up sometime but the Devs really did say anyone would be able to win it. It isn't suppose to be controlled by a few high level players as it is. You said it yourself Jillian that whoever you meant by " We " controls who lives and who dies.

2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Strategy Tips:

Attacks
    -Attack your target once to get some insight into their health and profile stats. Depending on their health and how much stamina you have available decide if they are able to be killed or try saving them to your target list for later.
    -Remember any attack on a target will land you in their attack feed for retaliation.
    -The better your attack perk, the more guaranteed minimum damage you'll do to that target.
    -Fight List can be refreshed every 30 seconds to get a new set of targets.
    -Help from a friend is also another good way to counter attack during times of heavy attacks from one attacker.
    ...............Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list.
    -Don't waste alot of stamina on multi-attacking one healthy target only to get the kill stolen, a flurry of attacks timed right can result in better kill opportunities.
    ...this straight from the arena guidelines so yes Kano did and does expect people to work together in the arena

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Very good Larry, thanks for finding that :) The arena was initially developed for the higher levels since their battle lists get thinner the higher players go, it also was designed as a free for all or a last man standing event.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  4. I totally agree with everything you just said I just would like it if you would please quote me accurately. I said..

Lower level players have little to no chance of ever winning without stealing kills.

I did NOT say they couldnt get anywhere or couldnt enjoy a fair amount of XP. I said they CAN NOT WIN the arena without stealing a kill.

5. So Yes, Kano set it up to be a " Kill Stealing Game" So don't hate the thief hate the design

Thanks for finding that Larry. The so called low life thiefs are simply following the tips from the designers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I was not quoting anyone I was just trying to say anyone can have fun without winning in the arena, IMO, but if someone steals a kill they take a risk just like the person who did most of the work took a risk using their stamina ,But now that you brought it up , I do not believe a lower level has to steal a kill to win. That is just putting a limit on your strategy, again IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  7. Morbius

Morbius New Member

on FB VC there are anywhere from 1000- to sometimes 3000 people in the battle arena............ even if split up into two categories of levels or determined by att/ deff and health I think it would not only give lower levels a better chance but more incentive to join the arena ........... I have a friend in the game who is not much higher than myself level 4500 or so and he has placed in top 200 last 4 arena's by not playing and just doing the min required hits ........ that's not fair either, the battle arena is good more xp drops but there are a few kinks IMO that need to be ironed out not to just make it more fair but to encourage more players to want to join

8. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i am sure i have and probably will steal a kill from time to time. it happens but it is also expected. but like i was saying earlier if you steal a kill from the wrong person enough times expect them to retaliate :). thats part of the FUN

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Not sure if you were around for all the discussions about the arena's Morbius, but that idea was batted around and around, it is only lately that a player has to do a min of 100 attacks, so at least that is maybe a step in the right direction.

10. Understood... And I do agree with anyone can have fun and enjoy XP and drops etc etc without winning the Arena. I guess the Devs need to re-write the Arena Tips to say that and not give any false hopes that anyone can win.

If you weren't quoting me I appologize but I was the ONLY one who said anything close to what you quoted so everyone knows you were quoting me. IMO

11. Morbius

Morbius New Member

no I missed that Linda, glad to see they are working on it, hopefully as you say it will continue, thanks for the info :D

12. Totally Agree.... The Arena is in Beta But so are the bosses

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

No problem Jerome, it is hard to know who if we are talking to one another or just busy writing our own thoughts sometimes :) There can only be one winner anyway but it can be anyone , I feel lol

14. I also appologize to the OP because I think I took this thread off subject of whether or not the thieves should be identified or not. As for that idea , I can see both sides of the argument for and against.

15. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I voted "Do not agree". I would even like Kano to give us more info so that when a player is killed it would shows us who attacked them and how many attacks each of the players did on the now dead player. Too many free loaders in BA. People who claim they are helping yet when you look at how many attacks they have done, it really looks like they are just helping themselves to easy kills.

16. This is true but KANO laid that strategy out in the TIPS section as previously quoted in this thread. Maybe you might want Kano to delete that tip. It is encouraging stealing kills without contributing. I hit well over 20 K times last BA so I did my share...with no steals I know of.....Happy Gaming

17. Morbius

Morbius New Member

yes rentless but in that case, people teaming up are just as bad as freeloaders ( steal a kill or work as a gang to take one is the same to me ) IMO as Jyllian put it "decided when a player should die " is not right either so either make it total anonymity or open it up completely this grey area is just causing too much confusion and aggravation if you are level 2000 and lucky enough to be in a group working with a level 12000 / or 16000 pass a name on and have them killed to me that is worse than a freeloader

18. Ok, what would be wrong with having more BA's and run every other one with it hidden? After all, the BA is in Beta right?

19. Morbius

Morbius New Member

agree and like I said not sure how it works on other places or games but FB has more than enough players to open up different levels and or categories based on either level or att/ deff / health I say that because I have seen some level 5000 with not much health att/ deff ( all in stamina ) that I can beat easily and there are some level 3000 that have very low stamina and have put it all into att / deff and bit of health balanced playing field is what I am going for and having people who are level 3000 with health of 20 000 or 30 000 against a level 15000 / 16000 with 70 000 - 100 000 health , how is that a fair to begin with not to take into account the advantage they would have with the extra att/ deff rewards given to them when entering the battle arena

20. What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that KANO set the Arena up around the idea of stealing kills as great strategy. Then, a small group of high level players have decided it's not going to happen and slaughter them for doing exactly what Kano told them to do as a great strategy. It is TERRIBLE strategy for anyone who isn't way up in the rankings. TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!

Kano needs to rectify this somehow. Please chime in anytime Kano. I promise you if you are not pretty high up and you steal a kill as Kano sets in the Tips , you WILL NOT fair well in the Arena.

Does anyone on here disagree with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.