Help to moderators

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crisom Melo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

Given recent events in this forum, where I was called by bad names, threatened, bullyed by players like me, I have a question timely. We know that the ours moderators already have arduous task as volunteers. Ok, i ask if is possible to have help from KANO here for one of them at character in scale? Thus, one can minimize damage, because your work is very hard and laborious, and sometimes need support to make decisions, then the question now becomes a suggestion: get a scale of the company, where there is at least one administrator to be online to these issues. Thank you.

Cristiano Melo

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

There have been a few discussions on the Forum about Kano having Admin online in the Forum and support 24/7, so far Kano have said that is not a realistic option for them.

From what i have read, Kano are a company of around 20 people (that may not be true now) and they work hard to keep Kano/Apps as Indy as they would like it to be. That means they do no have the money that bigger (zynga like) gaming companies have to pay people to work for them 24/7. They start with priorities and spend all day work their way down a very long list of things that need to be looked into and/or fixed.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

We do try and keep the personal stuff out of the forum, my advice for people is not to get personal in the forum , but since that does not always happen , so drop us a email to give us a heads up ,there is" usually" someone around ,a few of us live in opposite time zones, but we could be playing our games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  4. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

Well. Your job is very important and hard like so is volunteers either. I hope that KANO can do what they need to expand your company to can help you like seems already have one direction to there, otherwise is for another way. I open this thead to bring light to your hard work and be greatfull to be there always that i needed and some day, who knows? be payed, WHY NOT, is one job, for do that. Zynga is out of this topic because they are really BIG and can do this diferent. Untill there i wish luck and invite players to have compreension if you need from them, ours moderators, because, they are human, and have their own life. THEN, be easier to them. Please and Thank you again.
    LINDA: your box message is full. i couldnt send any message earlier to you.

Cristiano Melo

5. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I really wanted to stay out of this discussion ...but here i go again...i play other games online ..and their forums...well let me tell you ..are NOT moderated ...its an open rampage for some..as well as many other forums i belong to like my browers company...wow...go there once to Comodo..uncensored 100 %.....so i really dont understand why kano has them here...yes have them for Idea sections and let the rest alone....but thats just my opinion...moderating up here in the discussions just fuels personal emotions ...example being ...in my last thread...mods try to be the parent of those up here arguing...not a good place for them...let em argue ...i say...ya cant stop it..if anything having mods here that can single out others and punish them only adds fuel to the fire...If the forum is for the players of the game to come together to discuss or even argue why do we need a mod ?? Its censorship at its worst ! Maybe close the forum other than an Idea section and game support issues..??

6. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

After that thread, i created another one that asking about just what you write here. Well, i just asked if mods could be potencial parcially once human be they are, and if that could bring privileges informations. and Linda enter and was not friendly after all, like human been, then they have two colours, green and black, to tell when is mod or is just player. Jen, i agree completly with you after that. is better without mods, if the adminstrator cant be with us. My mistake, is the first day that i came and write here, and already being kick for all over the place. SAD SAD SAD. My sugestion, i belive on that, but, you will not could be work

7. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

The forum has to be moderated to protect players from abuse from others or harassment and to stop links to other sites and spam being posted
    I've seen FB groups become human garbage pits from abuse and such like
    things have to be moderated to protect all
    i try not to get invovled in any decusssion
    and yes its a fine line Mods should just Moderate abuse and stuff thats not allowed and shouldnt give there opinons on things
    we shouldnt get involved in anyones threads unless it breaks rules in my opinon

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

IMO opinion and I have told Kano this that once the key is in the door and on weekends and holidays the forum should be closed , As far as doing what kano asks of me as a Mod, I do my best, and I adhere to the policy that Kano asks me to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Kel, I deleted your post as it was largely offensive and meant to troll another player. If you would like to re-post your thoughts without being offensive, please do so.

Also, I can appreciate that you may not like how another player plays the game, however insulting and trolling them isn't productive and certainly doesn't help the game or community. You are a very well-respected member of the game and community, and I would ask that show your disagreement with this player's actions by taking the appropriate actions in-game, rather than being offensive outside of the game.

You are all very passionate about the game, which is great! You may have personal and philosophical differences, but take those out on eachother in the game! Battle it out like Vikings!

10. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Why not have a 'free-for-all' section like Griff suggests?

11. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Griff ...i agree there 100 %..thats exactly what i said too...there is no need to MODERATE in a forum that set up for players in the game to vent , discuss or even complain...i have never seen a mod in a forum except here in VC....too many cooks in the kitchen..!!!

12. Morbius

Morbius New Member

Adult section for dirty jokes, yes thats fine, for harassing insulting, trolling, defaming name calling , slander, that has no place online or in the real world, and we all need to realize that and knock it off the internet has gotten way out of control imagine someone was speaking to your mother / father/ sister/ brother/ son/ daughter that way...... .................. don't hate the player hate the game

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  13. Well George you made a point and i agree with you, but kano will erase your post too, this is not a answer to this thread. About this thread i want to ask you should or not a moderate be a bridge between, players, groups or friends, with the advantage he knows the corners of the house?

14. Morbius

Morbius New Member

They can delete it I was thinking about doing it myself, With most of the past posts I have read on here I am sure it will fall on deaf and dumb ears who only want to see things there way and destroy anything that dose not agree with them

15. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

While an unmoderated section of the forum is certainly an intriguing suggestion, we currently don't have one set up, and suggesting that there should be any moderation isn't conducive to civil and respectful conversation, unfortunately. If you're interested in there being less moderation, I recommend posting according to the Code of Conduct, which was put in place to help players have civil and respectful discussions.

@George I've removed the accusations from your post, as they're against our Code of Conduct (which you can read by clicking the links in my signature.) If you suspect that a player is violating our Terms of Use, please refer them to support.

16. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Free for All?

Ya right great. All we need. There is enough hatred spewed without a free for all section. For Gods Sake people its a game. Its not a place to accuse people of unspeakable acts and crude remarks. I was just as guilty as anyone else. But I stopped. Counter productive and frankly I didnt like how I felt about myself after engaging in those pissing contests. Here is an interesting idea. Why dont we act like adults. Stunning huh? And if you people want to continue to insult me with either words or pictures knock yourself out. I have been called alot worse by a lot better people. Bottom line if you go against a certain group of people you are subject to abuse and slander. I would rather be a target of their abuse then be a involved with a group of bullying thugs.

17. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

I'm glad you have grown allot in the last 2 days ;-)

18. We left already some interesting points today, i like a good battle even if i lose...but being a moderator and use some information from friends, groups or guilds should not interfere with their purpose here...his job is controlling if there is harassement, insults, etc in this forum, not to use their own contacts in Kano to talk about suspicions and other stuff. All player can make a report, but when he writes who receives it? Another question, what is your criteria to choose a moderator?

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Being a Mod/player has nothing to do with a guild or armada or friends, actually being a Mod is for the forum and one really does not have to play a game to enforce forum rules, as far as being friends with people, again has no bearing on being a Mod ,I , personally have full clan and crews in two games and working on the other two, and I always report things to support like Kano wants and I tell people the same, whether is is about some game problem/ issue, or someone who "may" be doing something against the TOS, again that has nothing to do with the forum., anyone can write to support and not even be a forum member. If I am around I may give out info that Kano may give me when the game has a bump/glitch in it, and try to help people find their way around the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  20. Linda, that i understood, perphaps i didn't formulate well my question, my question is what are the criterias to nominate a Mob? As you didn't nominate yourself the question is directly for those who do it.