Kano, when are you going to do something?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa , kano i demand that you act on my behalf and my behalf only. Any views contrary to mine are wrong and i demand that they be removed so no one else can share those views. I cant believe you arent bending over and succumbing to my whims. How dare you. Dont you know who I am? LMAO!!! he he he cursing in the forum is against the rules, and will get you banned, but it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. KAOS REIGNS!!!!

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

From the opinions expressed here, I must say that it paints a rather bad light on things.

I hope Kano can clear up this mess soon. It's in everyone's best interest.

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I see they both got banned. About time. They can be martyrs elsewhere.

4. Das liebe Beil

Oh? Really? Martyrs? Nice thought, it means they were right and were treated unfairly. We appreciate the support for the 2.

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "martyr." They both played this to the hilt. And I'm sure they are still reading and hanging on each post that is made about them even though they can't respond. Best thing to do would be to delete this thread and get back to the game, not them. The question was asked at the top of this thread "When is KANO going to do something?" Well, I guess they finally did do what needed to be done.

6. Das liebe Beil

Kano did something, yes. But not what most consider right. The Protector's real name was used several times by a mod and the mod in question didn't suffer any repercussions. Furthermore was TP banned with the following reasoning: You have been banned for the following reason: Player-requested ban, as well negative influence on forums Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Bluntly speaking, TP's ban adds insult to injury. The mod in question gets away with breaking the TOU and TP, the wronged party, gets banned for being understandably upset. And note, he didn't start the thread, nor did Polish. The only thing that currently comes out of this mess is that Kano will lose the trust of players.

7. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

O, yes, it got hairy. However, they did prove the point that you can sling abuse in an shape or form when you are a Moderator but not as a normal poster.

This is the reality - you can post in black, green, pink or whatever color you like, this doesn't change people's perceptions. It doesn't matter which color a post is made in, with great power comes great responsibility. Honestly I've now seen too many people hide behind colors instead of acting in a proper fashion 100% of the time. If you are a moderator, act like one and gain trust no matter the color you post things in.

Just my $0.02 (Around ZAR 0.17 at the current exchange rate)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. ben

ben Active Member

how well spoken...

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

dead on man

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I didn't want to ban these players, as they're long-standing members of the community and quite knowledgeable about the games, however Polish clearly needed a time-out, and TP has been on his last chance for quite a while due to near-constant trolling and a refusal to encourage civil and respectful discussion in the forums.

We want the forums to be a fun place players can come and discuss the games civilly and respectfully. The reasons we have volunteer moderators is to help keep the forums civil and respectful by moderating according to our Code of Conduct and Moderator Policies. Because this is a rather thankless job with almost no benefit, we allow and encourage our moderators to continue to be regular forum members on top of their moderation.

I agree that Jon could have handled the situation with TP in a less confrontational way, however I also understand that these players had a long-running history of one player (TP) doing what they can to make the other (Jon) miserable in the forums. I took this all into account when deciding how to handle the situation, and did what I felt was best for all of you. The forums aren't for me, they're for you, and even though it may not always seem like it, I'm just trying to make them as good as they can for you.

Some players were calling for Jon's removal as a Mod, but that wouldn't in any way improve things here in the forums, and would in fact be quite detrimental to the community. Again, if Jon had moderated abusively it would have been a different story, however he didn't. He did get caught up in an argument that I would have preferred he not, although he was simply responding to the negativity presented to him by this player time and again.

I'm honestly surprised that he or any of our moderators are still willing to moderate, as I've never seen a community more willing to use moderators as scapegoats simply because they don't like them as players. Moderators are necessary for a community to function properly, and it's incredibly draining and frustrating, and they only do it because they care about the community and want players to be able to communicate civilly and respectfully here in the forums.

You all know that I care deeply about you all and the games in general. I spend more time than I should on these situations (and I currently have an incredible amount of work piling up as I type this) because I want an awesome, civil, and respectful community, and I know we can become one.

Jon wasn't being respectful towards TP. I recognize this, and I don't approve of it, but it was a horrible situation and I need us to move on from it. If Jon continues to disregard forum code of conduct, he, like any other player, will be warned and eventually banned if he can't be civil and respectful. If he, or any other Moderator, abuses their moderator abilities, then they will be removed as Moderators.

I've been working to make all of this clearer through our Code of Conduct and Moderator Policies, and I'll be updating both of these to be even more clear in the future. What I need from all of you is understand where I'm coming from, move on from this horrible situation, and go back to having fun in the forums and discussing the games.

11. Das liebe Beil

Well, I for one know that TP isn't alone with his dislike of Jon. Not everything that bothers people gets discussed in the Forum. Why? Because discussing who Kano chose for moderating its forum and why someone disagrees and feels that this person is not suited is bound to end badly. Kind of like this mess spiralled out of control.

TP was understandably upset about his real name being used. Finding him this way is ridiculously easy. And other people sharing his name? Well, google brought up some results which I won't disclose. Let's just say they aren't too pretty.

Most people who contributed here are either friends or enemies with TP. Nevertheless each of these persons values the input someone who has played these games from day one can give. There is only a handful of players who can give great advice to people here. People who know the game inside out and know lots and lots of things. Polish is one of them, Kel a second and TP a third one.

I can honestly say that most people I talk to don't blame the mods for perceived shortcomings on Kano's side. They usually shift the blame to where they feel it belongs, Kano itself.

And let's face it, the green or black font doesn't matter in the end. The person with the moderator status will always be seen as a moderator first. It doesn't matter to us if the matter was handled badly by the player or the moderator. We see a moderator contributing to escalating a situation and there seems to be no action being taken.

I realize that not everyone gets along with everyone. That's impossible anyway. I merely think it's rather sad to see TP banned like that. I understand the reasoning and don't question it, as it is not my place to do so, but I think it's a rather heavy loss to the community.

12. ben

ben Active Member

im losing faith in ya ...sorry theres no line in between a moderator or not...he new the rules and he broke them theres no sweeping this under the carpet and trying ti hide it from us ...his actions was un called for all together and ya no it...

13. I don't know who you are, but thank you for making sense in your post, unlike some who just can't put aside their own interests in the interest of doing what's right.

14. Muirgheal

Muirgheal New Member

All you're proving by this post is that you're agitated...

All the best,
    Muirgheal :cool:

Akkhunter1 likes this.
  15. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Hmm, they should make a button to like a post lol

16. Demonik1

lets all try to keep this on topic and not stray from the thread please

17. Demonik1

lolol boy i bet youd love that huh salty one?

18. I think everyone deserves a second chance even if mistakes were made, regardless of what got PP/TP banned, I would like to see them back as well at some point they seemed to have valuable opinions/knowledge a lot of the time, and always enjoyed getting into debates with them :)

19. Sorry, I couldn't even read all of your post because it made me want to barf. Speaking for myself, and Polish who is on skype with me and cannot see these posts someone so ignorantly stated, our dislike of Jon has nothing to do with play inside the game. We don't even interact with him inside the game as far as I know.

I certainly don't understand your blind support for people who moderate these forums. So what if they "volunteer". I can't read their posts half the time due to their incompetence and illiterate style of writing. And whether you want to admit it or not, WB, Jon represents Kano no matter the color he uses in his posts as long as the name moderator appears under his name.

If these forums are for us, the players, then LISTEN to us. Several of us have now told you that Jon needs to lose his moderator status for causing all of this uproar. If you choose to ignore us, then I see no reason to ever participate in this forum again. As it stands now, it sickens me.

20. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Hmmm, i must say i agree, it does not matter if jon posts in purple,green, pink,blue,red he is still a mod and is still representing KANO, he should loose his moderator position, and after that he should be banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.