July 14th- MySpace Loading Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just uncovered and fixed a possible issue for people that have +500 friends playing VC or +500 friends, their friends list was not being cached so each time a profile is loaded or the leaderboard we were making requests to MySpace which can be slow.

For those playing with many friends and have noticed loading issues in the past please let us know if you are still having loading issues and on what pages.

We should be releasing an update to the leaderboard later today where the leaderboard will not prevent the page from loading as those with many friends it will still be slow to load first time until all info has been cached on our servers for 1 day.

Also, we will be adding a new stat to the leaderboard, any guesses on what it will be?

2. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

B-o-s-s :eek:

3. i hope so.

i hope if that is the change that it also gets added to PC.

4. all tested and i cant believe its working i can open any players profile andf Leaderboard he he

look out old rivals from my trap page
    [​IMG]

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Great, thanks for confirming that was causing the issue as well as bringing this issue to our intention. Over the next week or so we will be making sure the majority of MySpace API calls are not blocking pageloads.

6. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Agreed.

Btw- That ghost Boss.. will bring me back to PC! :)

7. Griff

Griff Member

Nice, the leaderboard loads alot faster now! This may be just my personal preference but I would love to see the leaderboard default to WORLD instead of Friends. And I'd lilke to put in a guess on the new stat.... Income stats would be cool and Im sure it may even get good ole Eric back in the game with his massive coinage lol.

8. another idea is to show how many boss HITS a player has not just kills.