[Other] Bounty exp

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Oct 3, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

In all fairness there IS a 3rd choice.

Don't heal until the rivals are offline and attempt to outlast that way.

Not ideal though.

Who knows....maybe one day one of us(or both of us)will blow this wide open.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

"Less than ideal" is an understatement, doesnt do the player or Kano much good if we cant play and if by playing all we are doing is helping our rivals than whats the point?

In the end its currently legal to exploit this loophole so I guess we just deal with it and take as much advantage of it as we can. It just seems odd to me that Kano lets clearly unfair things like this happen when they have a history of closing supposed loopholes by imposing minimum damage limits regardless of how a player builds their account. Once again a glaringly inconsistent message sent by Kano. Will be a great day when we actually get some consistency so we will know how to build our accounts going forward because it currently sucks having the rug pulled out from under us after the fact

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yep.

But look at it this way as well.

It can not only be abused by rivals but also by the listed player.

A tailored alt built to specifically win against the main(rare but not unheard of)

If the main has a good chunk of health and defense,all the alt needs is attack and stamina(decent health would help but it wouldnt be needed)

It's not that hard to pull off if the time of day is right.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  4. Eraser

Eraser Member

Honestly, I dont. I dont waste tons of stamina on bounties. Esp if I can win the fight, because that is just like welcoming ambushes. (you also cant forget how much worse our ambush situation is). I have other stategies for catching somone that rides other than just blowing hundreds of stamina into them. And I really only waste my time to bother doing that if the cash is high.

There is one guy I will dump tons of stamina into, and its just for fun. And the braging rights that I infact CAN take him down, and I lose the fight any way, so Im dont have any worries of him settting ambushes. So out of the 100 duys on zs that can ride it out, I waste stamina on one.

Even at this, You have to consider. When I level up, I get 1000 more stamina. In your game, Its 50. Do you really think If I got 50 stamina for a level up, Hell no I wouldnt waste more than 5 stamina on a bounty for NO xp.

Its easy to see what you're trying to do here. Make it easier for people to ride, because (nearly) nobody will be willing to attack anyone beyond the first 30 seconds.

Then what happens? You make it 10 times easier to do all the tricks, Trap off, give the bounty to your group member, and creates more hesitation to list somone that can heal for more than 30 seconds.

Ill say it again, We have limits in ZS and nobody is having any of the problems that have been adressed here in this thread.

You say, "Its either XP for none, or both", Like you're some kind of admin, or dev, and have put your foot down on this subject. The admins have chimed thier opinion in, There are reasons that it IS what it IS.

You can keep on posting new threads about this same thing, keep it on top of the page like somone cares, You've got one account banned before. Just keep making new ones. It dont mean that you ever will see XP totally removed from the attacker.

5. polishpimp

I realize your reply wasnt directed at me but I wanted to comment none the less.

For myself....I dont need it any easier to ride, if Im on and paying attention its about as easy as it gets. Im all about closing a loophole . Im pretty sure Kanos intention was not to allow rivals to level off their most dedicated of patrons simply because they have built their accounts bad ass enough to ride the bounty limitlessly (barring refreshing....lol).

I assure you no body is going to hunt any less because they werent getting XP(except those exploiting this loophole), hunters hunt for the gold...most could care less if the win or lose or how much stamina they use.

Actually havent heard a word from the devs or administrators on the subject of no one getting XP. The only thing they've spoken on is that giving the rider XP could be abused. They didnt even say that it would be unfair....just that its easy to exploit. In the end...giving XP to neither is going to have little or no affect on anyone but the highest of levels exploiting this loophole

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yes, they will hunt less with NO xp at all for thier stamina. The thought will enter thier mind, Hey, I need this Stamina to level.

Sure they might give a few stamina for a shot at the gold, But they're not going to be willing to drill 100+ into a rider.

Sure some people will still go for it, but others wont. You honestly just want to close the loophole? Then set a limit!!!

This makes it where the XP cant be abused, and People who are legitametly trying to get a bounty are not punished more than the one listed.

7. polishpimp

Considering that the vast majority of bountys only last a a couple of seconds I just dont see this having an affect on how many players will hunt, most players are lucky to get one or 2 hits in. When it comes to players that can ride for any substantial amount of time.....other players dont beat them accept for the ones (high levels)exploiting this loophole. All the other lil hunters would still be doing the same thing as before......losing and getting no XP. Thats why only a very few will be affected or hunt less, the vast majority loses while attacking a rider on bounty.

Even if some low level player decided to hunt less because they didnt get XP for the 1-2 hits they got on somebody....does it really matter? There is no shortage of hunters nor will there ever be. Besides....maybe if a few less low levels hunted than we wouldnt have to listen to them later crying that they are being bullied by someone they "only" hit on bounty once or twice.....lol

Im not against a limit...as long as its a small limit and it works both ways (for attacker and rider). If a limit would eliminate abuse on the attacker/lister side I dont see why it wouldnt do the same for the rider as well.

8. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Hahahaha ya right, i spend over 300 stamina for one person some times. I always click that attack button until i see some extra gold, or until i cant attack anymore.

9. alka

alka Banned

I couldn't agree less with that comment. I have been a Top hunter in a few apps. I was the first to hit 30k bounties in the REAL Mobwars, when they had over 1 million players. I was also Top hunter in LCN in which I was miles ahead of 2nd place with over 35k bounties. I've been in the top 5 in a few others too, which I reckon would add up to around 100k bounties in all. I don't hunt the Kano apps much as I now find hunting boring after 5 minutes.
    A hunter needs to level in order to get his skills stronger in the right places to win the bigger bounties.
    What chance does a low lever player have of progressing in the game if they can't win some $$ and also get some xp into the bargain?
    It's nonsense to think people will hunt for the same duration as they do now without gaining any xp advance!

The "loophole" is the HEAL button in RIVALS, which players don't want removed because it's the only way they can ride the list in order to look good. Remove the button, remove the problem.
    Any fool can set up a macro to hit that button while they go for a shower and still be riding the list when they get back.

Anyone smell the coffee yet?

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If it gets exploited enough it'll get shut out as Kano don't like loopholes which this is.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  11. polishpimp

Speaking of smelling the coffee........its u that should wake up and give it a try...lol. I think your missing the whole point of what Im trying to say. Only the highest of levels can ride the bounty...only the other highest of levels can hit the rider and actually win and get XP. Everybody else already doesnt get XP so they arent sitting there leveling...they gotta go do all the other crap to level just like everyone else. The one and only reason these smaller accounts hunt is for the gold.....there is not enough XP to be had to make it a viable option, if they are doing it to level then they have bigger issues .....lol

If you are concerned with the highest of levels being able to level while hitting a rider than your obviously ok with this loophole that allows a player to level limitlessly and potentially with a bot as there are no limits as to how many times a player can attack another while on bounty. As an example....My partner JJ and I max out on our 5k attacks while leveling (5k limit was put into place to curb bot usage), now all one of has to do is go up on bounty and and heal and the other gets unlimited attacks with or without a bot.

The rival heal button is a waste of my time...i dont need it and I dont know anyone that can withstand my attacks while they use it.

Players who are not strictly hunters advance quicker and become much more powerful than full time hunters, hunters are wasting way too much time in comparison stalking the page when they could have been leveling and gathering drops. Do I even need to mention the bounty delay once the hunter increases in levels?

12. alka

alka Banned

From what I see of the bounty list it's not always high level guys listed.
    To tar everyone with the same brush is a joke.
    Why should 99.9% of us care whether a high level is levelling endlessly?
    If one has to draw a distinction between Myspace and Facebook, they would come up with the conclusion that Myspace is dominated by a few while Facebook with the exception of the top 2 is more open.
    I fail to see why most players should have to be penalised (A) For Myspace, and (B) for a few players on Facebook who can ride like no other.

BTW, when I talk about low level I am talking of guys below 3k. I am mid 2k and on the rare occasion I hunt I get exp from most of the bounties I go for. I do of course stay clear of the top guys if I see their names quick enough. Any good hunter knows who to avoid, thus getting the $$ and some exp in the process....
    Coffee time..lol

13. alka

alka Banned

Why should a player need to go through all that when he can do the same in the Arena?

14. polishpimp

Im back with coffee in hand....lol.

Low to mid level players cant ride the list for any significant amount of time unless there is no one on and hitting them....so How is anyone getting a significant amount of XP from hitting them?

The simple fact is that this loophole is being exploited by a few potentially ruining it for everyone else. How many times have the masses suffered because of a few idiots? The whole reason there is limits /restrictions on most things battle related is why? BOTS. The potential for abuse by bot users is the only reason someone riding the bounty does not get XP. The same Potential for abuse exists on the flip side of that as well. It makes no sense what so ever that they allow it to exist for one and not the other

Why would 99.9% of players care that someone was cheating and leveling because of it regardless of their level? R U KIDDING ME?

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

Polish,

The circumstances you detail here, where only a few people can ride. I see that specific to ONE game on ONE network. There are tons of people on Facebook zs riding that I can win, and as a ratio, There are even more on Ms zs that i can win.

On ms zs, I am one of the low defense players that can ride. Not everyone, but a lot of players can win me, Very few will ever watch me heal more that 2 or 3 times before they give up, Usually its just one guy that has the fever to bring me down,.

Ill say this again too, NO even in a limited situation, Its not fair for a rider to get XP for wins, The same as it is for an attacker to get XP for wins. They are NOT burning stamina, and somone payed for thier negative progression in the game. It IN NO WAY equal.

You dont have the same rights in prison as you do as a free man.

The one riding would get a limited number of attacks from a MULTITUDE of players, thus making just as lucrative as a player attacking one player thousands of times for XP. (with the exception of better that they didnt have to spend thousands of stamina)

Yes, When I attack somone on the list, I am thinking about my stamina. and Yes, on a few occations, Thats what I wanted to do with it, Ive even refilled and spent it all on one bounty before. That was NOT for the money, but because the guy that was up is a giant (insert word of your choice). and He needed some humbling, that no, He is not in any way "untouchable".

16. alka

alka Banned

I'm not sure who's cheating here. Is it the guy attacking the rider? Are they both in it together? Is there a written law that the listed can't just die rather than give the attacker free levels?
    What's to stop them being levelling buddies?

Look at from a different angle. How about a time limit on the guy listed. Say 5 minutes and they lose the ability to heal..Sorted, and 99.9% of players won't have to suffer for the .1% of players who are as you say are "exploiting a loophole".

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Exactly. There were posts about this when the arenas started to provide higher level players with what they were lacking in the regular game.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Bump?

Not going to stop advocating for this one.

Others will advocate if the idea bout attackers get no exp when attacking someone listed gets rejected.

Others will advocate for it once the loophole is exploited.

19. Eraser

Eraser Member

It hardly even seems like a loophole to me. I mean, If that player can turn around and attack that same player in a regular fight, and get XP for 5,000 attacks... just seems like it only makes sense that they could just do the same thing anyway, not bountied.

Its the rider at fault. They are healing for somone to attack them thousands of times, If they didnt want that player to advance, they could just stop healing.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What Pimp said.