Removal of threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Today i made an open post/thread on a subject that was about me from a thread previously posted. Yet i defended Kano...explaining that the World Chat is monitored by Kano and defended myself against an accusation of being the one to report the person complaining...I thought i stayed in the guidelines of the rules for the forum..i didnt curse or call them vile names...but explained how that person should open a private chat to use their foul mouthed name calling...again defending Kano...and to my surprise my thread was removed....why ...because now i take the removal personal...wonder how many will see this before its removed...Kano you have no idea the lengths i have gone to , to defend you , VC and the do s and donts or the rules and stretched truths ...no more...i now become a player in the game...with no voice ..... i have been censored.....for the last time in this forum....others are allowed to go way farther than i even got close to today...but know this .....I have a screen shot of my thread ...just in case...But i would like a reason as to why it was removed and what part of the forum policy it broke...i never received a notice in my inbox in the forum as to why or what rule I broke...thats pretty lame ! :mad:

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

My voice was also on that thread that JEN had made earlier.. Why is it you can close a thread leave it open for a day when know couldn't respond to it.. So a new thread was created to defend her, yet gets removed in a hr and other thread as well.. Why not close it for 24 hr period as well????? Unless one of your so called 'MODS' did it! Censorship works, but in this case was very unfair to let a post stay up bad mouthing someone, then defense comes up and poof gone! I'd like a honest answer, you would as well..

3. Suzie

Suzie Member

This is one of the couple reasons why I don't bother with or post on KANO Forums.. The Mod's!

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

OK. The first thread link you've posted there, i closed and Wonder Bread deleted. The OP from that thread had been banned from chat and was having a bit of a whinge about it. That's not the kind of thing for the Forum. I directed them to Support and then closed down the thread because there was no reason for it to be left open.

The second thread link you've posted here, was deleted by Wonder Bread. I would guess that he closed that thread down because the OP is giving a reply to someone who was having a whinge. Their comments had nothing whatsoever to do with the game or the Forum. The OP was giving a reply directed at another player that was of a personal issue and had no reason to be posted on the Forum.

To the OP of this thread, the Forum is not a place for people to come and air their personal grievances. You may have been speaking in a fair manner, but the original issue was still a personal one and not something that should be posted on the Forum. That is why we close down threads and direct people to Support. Kano want their players to have a voice, but somethings have no place being posted about on the Forum.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK but leave a 'whinge' post open that you closed right? Then reply we get 'whinge' post deleted with other basically immediately deleted? I same time as dev's if not noticed it while away from work should of been immediately addressed! Our's was... ponder that!

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

If there's no Mod or Admin on the Forum, then a thread can get a few replies in it before a Mod or Admin logs in and see's it.
    If you post while a Mod/Admin is online, then it's more likely to get deleted right after you post it.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

K But 3PM DEVS time original thread got deleted, next day with new thread is not right if WONDERBREAD closed it.. POINT SAID!

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just to clarify and not knowing the times the post in question was made, Mod's and dev's times zones sometimes are not the same, the dev's are on Pacific time, some of mods are on different time zones from one another, between life and work, ya never know when someone may be online to see something that may need attention of some sort.

10. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Pains me

As much as this pains me. I have to agree with Jen and Jade. I can understand the need to keep vile language and the like out of the forums. However, I believe these forums are the place to express thoughts and opinions and it appears to me if a moderator does not agree with your opinion. Boom its gone. In addition, as you know I have previously questioned the fairness of the current system. I have seen a thread where i was called insane and told I would be removed in a straight jacket. That was not stopped, allowed to continue and became an excellent thread. One wonders if this was said about certain other players would it have been closed? Actually I do not mind being called names because I just consider the source and it only proves my point.

I think a review of the entire system is in order. I now don my kelvar and get into my fighting position to accept the slings and barbs.

BTW did you know before battle, the Vikings and Saxons would be drawn up in their respective shield walls and would exchange taunts and insults before battle was joined.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Exactly.

Well said.

12. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

It's worth mentioning that I addressed some of LaScepter's grievances about the specific situation in a private message. As I mentioned to her, none of the deletions were about censoring, although I can appreciate that the timing seemed unfair. Unfortunately, as Relentless and Linda have both mentioned, the timing has a lot to do with, well, the time that things occur in the forum.
    For this specific issue, the first thread was closed when it was clear it wasn't made to discuss anything, and then both the first and the second thread were deleted when it became clear (because of the second thread) that this was actually about a specific incident between a specific group of players. The forums aren't the place to discuss specific group or player conflict because it just turns into insults being hurled back and forth. If there's something specific that happened in game that you'd like to report, please do so through Support.
    Hopefully that answers the questions about this specific issue.

I did also want to quickly address the general grievances that have come up about the forums. There has been some recent discussion about the Mods being players and still being able to post as regular members of the community, which I still believe is extremely important. Volunteering as a Mod is difficult enough without giving up your freedom to contribute to the community.

We absolutely want the forums to be a place where players are able to express their thoughts and opinions in a civil and respectful manner. Unfortunately, people on the internet don't always remember to stay civil and respectful, which is why we have an awesome volunteer team to help keep things reasonable. These volunteers are just players like you, and they get frustrated like you, and have conflicts like you. They are, however, responsible for their actions, which is why anyone who has a problem with a specific moderator is welcome to message or email me about it, although please have specific situation to reference when doing so.

It's also worth mentioning that we only have 6 moderators on our team, and 2-3 admins who regularly come to the forums. Because of the small size of our team, situations do get missed, and response time does vary. These omissions and variances aren't intentional or premeditated, they're simply an unfortunate side affect of having a very small team and an over-worked Community Manager *cough cough*
    Craig and TP have both mentioned that there should be a review of the system. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but if you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum experience, please let me know, either in this thread, or via message or email. I have also mentioned this a few times, but we are always looking to grow the team, so for those of you who don't think our community team is up to snuff, I strongly suggest applying to be a part of it. A community can only be as good as its members, so if you guys aren't willing to help make it better, it won't be.

13. Giggles

Giggles New Member

Too Funny.. the original post was nothing but funny and amusing.. I certainly dont now or then care enough about "chat" to contact support... lol

and furthermore thanx for proving your inability to tell the truth sceptor ;) its been fun but seriously the name calling is lame and childish.. My intention in my original post was not slander but amusement :p

14. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

Seriously.....Let's play ball, Don't you all have some bountying to do and some money to give away? Why so serious? And um....are we all 5 years old? Get over it and and over yourselves. I am sure the moderators and Devs have more to do then review who called who a name and who said what to who. OMG, seriously? Actually, you guys are providing a great deal of entertainment for us. So...please, entertain us some more. As for the Devs and Moderators, we appreciate what you do, I am sure you have more important things to do then worry about who called who a name. I so feel like I am in 5th grade.

Peace.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  15. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thx lady jewels :)

16. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

After discussing things with Wonder Bread .... I understood why "Giggles" thread was removed , as well as mine..LMAO talk about amused...im not the one that was banned from World Chat ..or the one who initiated the thread she started...that was removed...im not going to argue with a group or a single one of you involved....the actions the MODS have taken as far as the world chat and here prove all i would have to say....thanks guys :cool:

17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Just so you know, the Mods on this Forum have no power in World Chat, in-game we are normal players just like you.
    Now you have gotten your answers i will close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.