Stamina refills

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Sep 18, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp,maybe the refills are recent?

Maybe didn't notice it until recent?

Who really looks at their refills when its paid for with points therefore expecting a full refill.

Now you've known about it cause you're a active member,so why should anything else get changed?

Keep in mind Kano doesn't really approve ideas that are blatantly self serving.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

My dear Gregory - I really do not want a re-allocation of points. I would be shocked if they offered it to me. What I would like is for them to make sure from now on I get the full 7750 stamina.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

4. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, Gregory? Is that supposed to be insulting, ducky? Fail.

I find it odd that Kano would cap your refill, ducky, but if they are, it should be removed. Any player who allocates their skill points to stamina so that they have to refill less often should not be punished for doing so. Even you.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

If the limit is 7500 then giving you the extra 250 would cause an imbalance in the game (the reason for the cap in the first place). I cant see it as being fair to any degree if they were to bend the rules for just you .

All be it unfortunate that you failed to notice the cap earlier (regardless of the reasons), I just wanna be sure that if there gonna allow you to "fix" the problem or bend the rules for you.....then I want the same treatment as changes they have made to the game well after the fact have drastically affected one of my accounts in a detrimental fashion in regards to skill point allocation....mine being on a much larger scale. so im not here to just screw with you...Ive legitimate similar concerns and am very interested in the outcome.

That ok with u Rev?

6. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i dont know about the rest of you but i always look at my refills when i use god points to refill. maybe im one who wants to make sure i get what i pay for lol

7. polishpimp

"Ignorance of the law excuses no man: Not that all men know the law, but because 'tis an excuse every man will plead, and no man can tell how to refute him."
    John Selden

So Reverend Ducky is not an active member? Are you counting all his forum accounts? I do believe you were the one that pointed that out when we were mods.

I look at my refills everytime I do it....why wouldnt I or anyone for that matter? What diff does it make if anything was recent? Do I think Kano should have made it impossible to go over 7500 stam if it is capped at 7500....yes, but using that same logic I think they should be allowed me to reallocate my SP being that they changed the rules well after the fact in my situation. Ide be fine if they let him reallocate if he so wishes as long as they allowed me to do the same. My situation is actually worse as I was allowed to allocate tens of thousands of skill points based on the rules that were in effect at the time, where as Reverend Ducky sounds like he only went over a few hundred

8. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Hmm lots of long replies, which im to tired to read right now, ill go through this later and see what i should post.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yup I always look also :)

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As TP mentioned, he started a similar thread this morning discussing the refill cap we announced a few months ago. This was my post on that thread, which I believe is relevant to this thread as well. If you don't want to read the whole thing, the point is this: There weren't many players affected by this cap. If you were, write in to support and we'll look into it for you there.

Long version:

To begin, I wanted to quickly quote Kendall's original post:

"As we continue push out more stamina rewards and boosts, it has put more strain on the balance of the game. Viking Clan was released over 3 years ago, when it was built we in no way planned for all the additions, new locations, extra bonuses / boosts that have since been added to the game, as we continue to make new changes to VC we sometimes have to revisit old mechanics and adjust for the balance of the game. This recent adjustment to refills is no different."

As mentioned later in the post, this update affected less than 10 players, and those players were encouraged to write in to Support so we could deal with them individually. There are still very few players affected by this, and if you're one of them we'd still appreciate it if could write in to support and let us know.

Like Kendall mentioned, the issue developed because of how the game was designed three years ago. We have since added tons of boosts and bonuses that make getting Stamina and Energy even easier, and because of this a cap on refills was needed to keep the game balanced. I can certainly appreciate players feeling upset about the cap, but the reality is that the boosts/bonuses we have added to the game have necessitated the cap.

Again, this change will only affect a very small number of players, and if you're one of these players and haven't messaged us about it yet, please do.

11. polishpimp

LMAO! "TP" ......Could there be more fitting initials for obvious reasons?

12. Grand Master Fielding

Gregory - I could really care less if KANO reallocates you or does not. I don't want them to reallocate me as I've said 3x above. But they do owe me an explanation as to why this was never specified.

13. Grand Master Fielding

Cha Cha - as we all know, his name is Greg aka Gregory. So how could calling someone Greg/Gregory (or My dear Gregory) be an insult?

14. Yeah, right. His real name is Greg/Gregory about as much as mind is Cha Cha. lol You certain used to know and use his real name back when you were speaking to each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  15. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I can see the problem in two ways:

1) a player chooses to collect stam via the daily rewards and stam boost (one time) until they reach a limit. Fair. Free is good but use the free stuff instead of hogging database storage. If your collecting your free stuff don't whine if you can't collect more free stuff after a limit is reached i.e. play the game. I think this was the heretofore mentioned limit prior to this thread. If Kano is giving *any* goodwill to a holder of say 50,000 *free* stam, collected by daily rewards, I should have stopped paying Kano a long time ago. (hint: the answer to them is "Your not using our free rewards and we have capped the amount that one can store to a fair amount we believe. It was the intention to support active players ...")

2) allocation of SP's to stam above x unknown limit. If there is a limit to stam/att/def/health/energy, unknown to date but for stam now, then why the heck would anyone be allowed by the "game" itself to allocate past those limits? i.e. if I have plans to get 15,000 energy and I go to add the SP's and push it to 15,000 but then it shows 10,000 energy, does that make any sense at all to allow me to do this?

It does not to me. It just says "Game over". Other skill point attributes will have similar caps etc. Once reached, the max level by this inherent mish mash might be level 20,000. End of game. IOW "Good bye paying customer you chump."

In other parallel games people are double my own particular level and you think the developers capped att/def/stam/energy and health there? There would not be levels 30,000 and 40,000 ++ playing and spending tons of dosh against each other.

Kano: fix 2) above and fast. End of story.

16. Grand Master Fielding

Kel aka the Greatest KANO Viking of them all

I don't know why they'd cap stamina at 7500. But you're onto something - what's gonna happen when you and I get to levels 20000? They gonna cap health and attack and defense? If I were them, I'd want me to keep leveling and quickly, as this only means I will spend less money with KANO - but hey if they wanna take less of my money - more power to them.

Now just fyi for all of you who did post on this thread, KANO and I have reached an amicable solution - not one that either of us are 100% happy with, but we both can live with it.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The funny thing is is that it's limited with FAVOR POINTS for the refill HOWEVER with the FREE boosts you can push your stam OVER the limit!!!!!

18. Grand Master Fielding

Oh Protector - I really hate it when people make sense like you just did - it's quite painful to my cranial area.

19. kayjay

kayjay Guest

glad you came to some sort of an agreement grand ..........

20. Grand Master Fielding

Please Mr. or Mrs. Moderator - don't be so formal. Most everyone calls me Fielding - however you may call me either

1) Your Majesty, or
    2) Your Acute Horrendousness

either or works.