Battle Arena - A big mistake in the system

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shadowmaster, Aug 9, 2012.

1. slave

slave Member

they have made constructive changes on the first four arenas, i didnt notice anything on the fifth nor did notice inactive players health dropping this time like i have seen in the past. but i disagree with you on one point, this past arena at least for zombie slayer the start time was fairly beneficial for most and there was still very few active players, so i think a majority of players are joining for xp and hoping thier name doesnt come up on the fight list and they score rewards for doing nothing. I put in a request for much better randomness on the fight list. four hours into arena, and i had 11 of the same 15 as another person on my list, which is way too much for coincidence. It shows inactive people not being brought to the fight list and the same people on everyones list. (which also leads to tremendouse sniping).
    It would be better to have more randomness and that would lead to less sniping until the population of the arena dwindles to the point where you cant escape being on two peoples fight list.

2. slave

slave Member

And one last thing, if you are low stamina player, count your blessings that you made top ten.

the first day is for the snipers, the second day is for stam players, if you are a sniper in the top 30, it doesnt matter how much health you have its only a matter of time till your gone and there wont be anything you will be able to do about it, because you cant snipe yourself.
    with low stamina, you are a proverbial sitting duck for someone with high stamina thats coming after you, and you can only go defensive for so long, when that is over, so is your arena.

so if you really think your making things fair for lower to mid levels, it doesnt matter what you do if they dont have any stamina come crunch time....

it will be a rare feat to see a sniper in top 3 in any arena....

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

what ever commitments someone does or doesnt have outside the game shouldnt have any bearing.....its all about the game...either u can be here or u cant....no point in holding back the ones that can

4. who me?

who me? New Member

When you snipe someone who goes full throttle after an attack then you open yourself to retaliation. It wasn't too difficult to tell what your level was based on the reward of your kill. I don't like when someone snipes. You're lucky I didn't kill you sooner, you'd have a lot more to complain about.

"
    Yeah ok. Sounds like a complaint to me & I don't think it's very nice to blame Kel for something he didn't do when there's plenty of things you can complain about :)

joke

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  5. alka

alka Banned

If ranking is to be decided by kills, then everyone should start with the same stamina and the same heath.

The more I read this thread the more I see it is a moan.
    Some of you high level guys think you only need to turn up to finish in the top rankings.
    You don't have the skill to win the game with all the resources you have so you moan that you should win because you have more kills or did more attacks, or have bigger ego's!!!
    The bottom line is you're getting out smarted by better players miles lower than yourselves..lmao

And before you dive in to comment, I'm a high level player in an app and I don't expect to win just because or level and resources. If a low level beats me, then they deserved to, no excuses on my part.,

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

After 'mom' sniped at least 5 of my kills in the last second, I must say great job for killing her! :p

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

its only constructive to an extent and there has been PLENTY of whining, i would name names but kano frowns upon that and anyone that keeps up with the forum threads knows exactly what im saying and wwho is doing it

8. Demonik1

awesome post and well said! i couldnt agree with you more

9. Demonik1

i completely disagree and this is coming from someone that has played every arena and given it my all each and every time. its supposed to be a fair chance for ALL, im not saying every inactive has commitments outside the game but why punish the ones that do? if you or anyone else is tired of taking them out then build your health up to a decent amount then sit back in defensive mode for awhile and let the others do some of the work. nobody says you have to constantly play until everyone is dead. it can possibly last for 3 days, nothing wrong with sittin back for a day and letting things play out

10. polishpimp

It is a fair chance for all ...either your there or your not. Its pretty obvious that the lower levels best chance is to be completely inactive under the current system, hell....it could be argued that the low levels would be foolish to be anything but inactive if they hoped to do well. The issue I have with the current system is that it actually promotes inactivity.....the low level players that are active usually are eliminated very quickly because they have to rely on sniping kills and you know what happens more times than not when that happens.

I think we can agree that the vast majority of players are inactive and that the majority of the active players get killed in the early stages. Personally I just think that it sucks that the few that actually do participate and go out and register a bunch of attacks and kills gets killed off by someone like u or me because they got on our radar while sniping a kill and finish at #235 while 200 other accounts that never even swung their axe finish better. How many of the top 100 are totally inactive? Im not faulting the inactives...I just think that active players deserve to place higher.

Whether a player is inactive by choice or has other commitments doest make a diff to me ....if they're not there, they're not there ....they can try and make it to the next one......but someone who does nothing deserves exactly that...nothing. I would prefer more active players and personally I feel we wade through way to many inactives but I can live with that as long as the more deserving players (active) finish higher.

But honestly I think that most inactive accounts are that way on purpose because they know its there best shot. Thats why I think Kano should tweak a few things to promote activity. For starters they should not show who got the kill shot...its promotes killing of the active players and low levels who rely on snipe kills, without sniping kills the low levels have no shot. Secondly....they could offer more incentives to actually participate by awarding achievements for attacks and kills. If i were a player who was usually inactive....I would want to play and get those SP XP or FP for those achievements. Even if someone only got a few attacks or kills before they were killed....they can still add to their total in the next arena...eventually they will earn the achievements and over time as they level and get experience in the arena they may very well have a legitimate shot at contending for a top spot.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Sure they have a shot.
    It's called the gang tactic(search)

12. polishpimp

Kills shouldnt decide the rankings....its fine the way it is that health is the determining factor. But if it came down to it someone with just a couple kills deserves to rank higher than a player who has been completely inactive from start to finish

your comment about some of the higher levels doesnt make sense, do they feel they can just show up and win or because they have more attacks and kill?

If a high level player with many attacks and kills gets knocked out by an even higher level player....all the players below that are still left regardless of level or activity outplayed them? Some perhaps.....but my thoughts are that most were just lucky

13. alka

alka Banned

The outcome of the winner would be a pointless exercise if we based it on attacks and kills as we know the low level players don't have the same resources. My point is that in order for a low level to stand a chance they have to adopt a different approach. The higher the player the better the Stamina, UN's health etc.
    No one expects the low level player to win an Arena, so why do people expect them to turn up? They get free xp to join and that's good enough for some.
    The Arena was supposed to give all a fair chance. This format is no different than putting low level guys on the high level guys only fight list and expecting them to achieve their daily GP's.

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

lol... that's funny, Alka... that's exactly what it is... the only good thing is that when you get "killed", you don't lose xps... it's not really supposed to be "fair" for everyone... but if lower level players had the change to get a few kills and boost their health up a little, they could be more competitive... they may not win, but I think the arenas would be more enjoyable for everyone, regardless of level... it's just aggravating to get killed within 30 minutes (active or inactive, D mode or no D mode), while others can play for hours or days...

15. polishpimp

I appreciate the clarification.

Personally I think the arena is pretty much fair for all. It doesnt make it unfair that lower levels dont have nearly the chance to win because they have less resources....they have as much as chance as any higher level player would have had when they were of a lesser level. But I agree with you that there is very little as incentive for them to actively participate when more than likely inactivity will take them further, Thats why I agree with your idea of eliminating the name being shown for those that get the death blow.

As far as this post goes though....I dont want kills or the number of attacks to be the outright deciding factor of ones rank, health being the decider is fine by me. I just think that those with kills and attacks should rank high then those that are completely inactive....so basically kills and attacks would be a back up to health as far as the determining factor.

I think the combination of Not showing the killers name and achievements will promote activity and with that some of the other issues will subside. Obviously were never gonna rid the arena of all the inactives...but if we could put a significant dent in their numbers I think it would great for the game

16. alka

alka Banned

I would go as far as to not allow totally inactive players a ranking at all. The only issue with that area would be when a player is knocked out they get their ranking and possible reward straight away, so how would the game determine someone's final position?
    Something needs to be done to eliminate inactive accounts before they reach the stage where rewards are issued as active players are being penalised for their time,effort and possible $$.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

How about if your active then you get a favor point a little exp and a little cash just for being active(before the reward tier)
    If you never attack once you get nothing.

18. polishpimp

Hold off on ranking the players or giving them the corresponding rewards until the arena is completely over. All a player would need to do is refresh to see what position they were when they got knocked out... the anticipation while waiting to see how many positions they moved up when all is said and done might actually add some excitement and some unexpected pleasant surprises

19. Demonik1

thats a good point, i just think we should lay off the active low level players for an arena or 2 and see how it plays out then....what do you think? would you be willing to try that out? i can talk to a few other highers and get them to agree to it, since there are so many in actives it should work out well for all of us

20. polishpimp

I have no problem with trying that as I dont tend to go after them until I have to anyways.....but to be completely honest ...depending on the situation it would be difficult to leave them alone totally if I could still see their name and they sniped a kill...lol. Would be next to impossible to get every one on board with this.