[PC] bounties within armadas.....

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by diva of destruction, Jul 26, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

"Never back down even when outnumbered and even if your alone.A army of 1 thats smart will reign over a army of fools."
    Stick by this to the bitter end.
    Even if Kano makes a adjustment to where armada can't bounty each other
    What's to stop someone from leaving the armada,list get listed then join back?
    Nothing,that's what.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no problem ,it is what it is " Lame" and could care less if it used or gotten rid of, does not affect me , makes me laugh and think ................ when I see people do it over and over and over

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well it's all legit strategy.
    Nothing says it can't be done.
    Then again I suppose level partners should be against the rules.
    But it's not.
    Because it's legit.
    Just like this is.
    Not lame,it's clever.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

not much of a challenge just like using a leveling partner, in a safe environment, no challenge, not taking a chance and standing alone against others in the game, you say legit strategy and I say lame and just cause people use it don't mean it is what Kano may have had in mind,, maybe it is what Kano had in mind, either way it has taken on a life of its own, have seen that done in other games with people making new rules about this and that and games become games with a game. so use it don't use it , I for one have no use for those ways of playing a game, wonder if people can find loopholes in Candyland lol, we could start the kids young :p

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh but there is challenges with a level partner.
    I bet a good chunk of level partners adjust their loadout and probably even inventory so their partner can win.
    As a result,rivals that can't beat them,probably could if one was weakened down for level partner.
    And it's not like when leveling with someone that no one else can attack and/or bounty either party.
    Been through all of that,both on receiving and dishing end of that.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its strategy all day every day, the simple fact that you dont think it is doesnt make it so. If I CHOOSE to kill myself on a trap or have someone bounty me then its obviously strategic because Ive made the conscious choice.....the fact that my rivals dont like it and cant get to me proves that its a strategy that works. Cowardly....Are u for real? There is nothing cowardly or abusive about a strategy such as this. If I go to log off and Im not dead its 100% certain that my rivals will bounty me for each other.... what would be stupid is knowing that I will die and that my enemies will use my bounty money against me and my clan yet Ive done nothing about it. Using your logic....it would also be abusive if someone was to attack or list me while I was off line. You wanna talk cowardice? whats more cowardly that attacking a defenseless person? Isnt that exactly what your doing when u attack or list someone offline? That basically what u r arguing for here....the ability to kill someone when they r not there to defend themselves....and your gonna call someone who has the forethought to protect both themselves and their clan cowardly???

The argument on whether a bounty or its trap is a penalty is silly....once again they are both just strategic options that one can use . To call them penalties would be to say that the person using them is somehow in a position to judge and that they are unbiased. Do u really think that every bounty is somehow a justifiable "punishment"? So in your opinion what justifies the use of a bounty as a penalty? Im thinking that a pretty subjective question now isnt it?

In the end....its up to each of us us individually to do what we deem best for our accounts. If someone want to commit suicide or list the crap outta someone thats totally up to them....no one else gets to make that call for them nor should they. Wanting to dictate how others play is admitting they have beat ya in my book. Fortunately....we dont let 5 year old make important decisions....why? Because they 9 times outta 10 they would come up with narrow minded selfish poorly thought out ideas like we have here.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

YES!!!!!!!!!
    Seems we still have some things in common after all.
    Totally agree with this.

8. ben

ben Active Member

there is children that play the game and i think that they no this is not a game where you set and watch the flowers grow...

this is a battle game and bounty game...i no there is players that play the game that dont like to battle or bounty...its also a strategy game and become more of that when kano added armadas to it...

we are pirates in the game ...now come on what is good about a pirate ? we battle we bounty each others armadas...we declan and go after each others bounty for the enemy dont get it...we use strategies in the way we play ...some say where cowards then some say where clever in the way we play...

we no people will not agree in the same way in how people play...but in the way i play i no is a good strategy and clever way to play...i use the tools in the game that kano has in it...not a thing wrong with that...

now look ya got me starting to write a book...

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Indeed you're right Ben.
    Shame some see it as lame and cowardly when in fact it's clever and brilliant.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

They don't kill themself on a bounty trap,Larry?
    What were you saying before?

Don't try countering what I post unless you know how.
    Pimp knows how to counter my arguments cause he is good at this.
    You on the other hand Larry are not very good at it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Cowardly? Sorry....but your way off on this one...it would simply be stupid to help a rival by staying alive so they can bounty you and then turn around and use the the gold they gained from u on u again. In no way is this a loop hole as u r paying a price to do it and a heavy one at that(xp), if by doing this u lost nothing...then perhaps it would be a loop hole.

whats funny about all this is ...why on earth would anyone care how i die? The only real reason I can think that they dont want me dead when i go off line is so they can kill me. Somehow killing a defenseless player is not cowardly? We must be living in two diff worlds...lol

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Seems we still agree on certain aspects.
    This happens to be one of them.

If me and Pimp are agreeing that the idea to get rid of this strategy is bogus,then something says the idea to get rid of it is terrible.

Me and Pimp really don't see eye to eye as much anymore,so when we actually agree on something,it must really mean the idea is either really terrible or really good.

In this case,the strategy is clever and gets under the rival's skin.
    Getting rid of it would only give the real cowards money transfers,etc etc.

It's not lame,its not cowardly,its not against the TOU.
    It's clever its legit and a good way to get under your rivals skin.

13. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

this....^^^

^^and this...well said.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Inorite Wendah,hate having to agree with Pimp.
    But in this case,he's 100% correct.
    Thank you Pimp for chiming in.
    Any support against getting rid of this strategy is welcome friend or foe.

15. ben

ben Active Member

yea its about time we all agree with on this issue thank pimp for stepping in and for the suport ...

16. alka

alka Banned

Yeah. I live in the real one.. :)

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

yet youre extremely passionate about a fake one? lol it sounds to me like youre just mad cause you cant use your own cowardly tactic by waiting till someone is offline so you can kill them and not only cant you get that 3 second satisfaction, it burns you even more that the person you want dead robbed you of it. i personally dont off myself anymore, i like making my rivals work for it and if im lucky, pay for it and keep my bounty cost high :]

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would have to say that most of us are passionate about the games, if we weren't we would not debate different ideas and different opinions as much as we do, I am the same way in my daily life, for example,if something happens or does not happen at work, I am the first one to open my mouth and say or fight for something, for me who I am behind a computer is who I am 24/7, so we might live in a real world, but we play games with real people in a virtual one and these people we do have relationships with , whether they are positive or negative relationships.

19. petelegpeg

petelegpeg New Member

Is easy for you to say, Linda. You are clan with the ones who would get joy from pw killing my pirate. Why should I give them that joy? It IS a strategy to keep them from getting pw kill stats. I vote zero stars on it.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

NO I do understand why players like yourself do it, but if ya let these "people" bounty ya ,, it has been explained to me on numerous occasions but I think on the upside the rival list can be alot more interesting.