[PC] bounties within armadas.....

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by diva of destruction, Jul 26, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's not cowardly,it's clever and been around seemingly forever.
    So why change it when it's been around this long now?
    If it was setup originally where this couldn't happen,then all good.
    But it was and still is setup like this,changing it now will anger a great deal of players.
    And as already mentioned,not everyone(not even majority of players)have forum accounts for 1 reason or another.
    The "majority"here could be in favor of not allowing this,but the real majority could be against it and would probably flood support.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I really do not care one way or the other if it is changed or stays the same, it does not affect me in any way shape or form, but I still see it as a cowardly way to play a game.

3. ben

ben Active Member

if players want to kill them selfs on bounty blocks then thats there free choice to do in the game...i do it all the time its a strategy i use...if i am playing and some one wants to bounty me i will hit a bounty block to take there money away from them where there team mate in there armada dont get it...so i say its a very smart strategy to use...

you can call it what you want to but i call it smart playing...

4. ben

ben Active Member

ok to, show you how smart it is to use hit bounty blocks on the when an enemy armada bountys me...my 1st bounty is 8.300 trillion the i hit 1 of there team mates that has a bounty block set on me 4 .150 trillion...now very cleaver of me by taking all that from them by hitting a bounty block a very smart strategy...not coward like you think linda...

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe, would not know, I play a simpler game, bounties have never interested me, here , in VC in PTRC , just no interest :) but I do see what goes on around me , I play the game from a stand point that I don't need to jump thru to many hoops to get anywhere, no leveling partner etc, pretty straightforward, I enjoy my way and hope everyone else enjoy their way. Carry on :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  6. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

You decide what strategy you want to use. If they want to take a kill just to keep their bounty up then let them. youre getting what you want and that's them dead. imo, that's been enough for me when i couldnt afford it.

the alt thing isn't strategy, kano has established time and again it's cheating. using an alt. gives you an unfair advantage. killing yourself and losing valuable exp. points...not so much of an advantage. i'd call it a sacrifice.

you're allowed to kill yourself on the bounty, that's a strategy too. because it doesn't work in your benefit doesn't mean it's manipulation or cheating. it's a feature people have adapted as a tool. learn a way around the strategy, don't let it defeat you. :)

7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

You don't think a bounty is supposed to be a penalty???? If you really believe that then there is no use debating a damn thing with you. A bounty trap is not supposed to be a penalty????? Bounty Traps are supposed to be a penalty. Period. So are bounties. The fact that bounty traps are abused by people who want to kill themselves on them to avoid being hit while offline is a loophole, not a strategy. The bounty traps should be beefed up so these people will think twice before doing that. Its a loophole for a bunch of cowards that don't want their pirate attacked by their enemies when they go offline.
    Strategies go into how you build your pirate, how you play the game. Loopholes are the abuse of certain aspects of the game that are clearly meant for something else. A bounty trap is supposed to deter a pirate from laying a bounty on you. That's why you lose experience when you set one off. The fact that people mow right through them anyway suggests that they aren't enough of a deterrent. And the fact that people are USING them to kill themselves before going offline suggests they are being abused! When a bounty is taken by someone you lose experience. THAT is a penalty. It doesn't need to be stated anywhere. A five year old could figure that out.
    KANO probably won't do anything about it lest their mailboxes be filled up with complaints from people whining about it, just like there is an avalanche of whining whenever anything is changed or tweaked in this game.

8. ben

ben Active Member

i dont no where you come off about that but thats ok...if an enemy puts me on the bounty there is only one way off ... i will hit an enemys bounty block on me and take the xp lost 1 time and take there money to...thats what you would call killing 2 birds with one stone...everyone plays there game in the way they want to...

so this thing about penalty is just out the door...i dont see it any where in kanos rules...

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Like I said LAMO lol but not to worry Kano would never change this , cause of the whining and gnashing of teeth that would be heard round the world lol

10. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

a loophole for what? you still get the death stat and you still lose exp. points. the same as if you were listed whether on or off line.

it's actually been used as strategy so that the rivals can't pass bounty money back and forth. Who are you to say what it can or can't be used for and what is considered abuse? The abuse are those trying to make everyone play the same game the way they play it so the one's crying abuser don't have to adapt and get better. lame if ya ask me.

a loophole would be like the glitch they had with healing on the bounty by hitting something on the keyboard. killing yourself and getting the same results that you would if your rival had killed you is not abuse. there is no benefit to this other than gettin' under your opponents skin, which is sorta what we do.

lol the only joy you get is knowing your rivals lost a huge sum of cash and that they killed themselves to do it. at the very least a little satisfaction they didn't get credit for the kill.

personally i dont use the kil myself before logging off tactic very much. i much prefer the let my bounty get high and then commit suicide so they lose bank strategy muhself. either way, these are strategies, not loopholes.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

everyone has a right to their opinion

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

In this case, it IS the alt doing the setting, but utilizing my idea would not stop him. He would just move his alt to a different faction. and, FYI, I have a team, and we do quite well, without stooping to listing each other for bounty. :p

13. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

everyone does have a right to their opinion. i was just stating mine rebutting some one who was stating something as fact.

if the random statement was not in reference to mine...very well.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no Wendah it was not a response to you :)

15. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I would delete this whole thread, except I like what Old Salt said right here........the strategy of killing yourself so your rival can't do it is a bit ridiculous to me......

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not ridiculous,it's smart and gets under the rival's skin.
    End result though is STILL exp loss and a +1 to death and brings survival to 0.
    So the lister got what they paid for,plain and simple.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

[SWM] I L2K CoV
    Level 4830 Raj Pirate
    Joined 1096 days ago

There is plenty of strategies that some deem cowardly and that some deem clever.
    This one happens to be clever.
    IMO the ONLY cowardly strategies are the illegal ones and they go as followed

A)Falsely reporting someone in hopes Kano will freeze their account(s).

B)Using illegal alts.

C)Using bots and scripts.

D)Having someone else on your account when you can't be just to keep the pressure on your rivals.

THOSE are cowardly.Illegal too.

Killing on a trap and/or having a friend get the bounty,that's not cowardly.
    Listing each other,that's not cowardly.
    It's clever.

18. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

with all of you admitting that you do use the trap to kill yourself off the bounty is exactly why i say the xp loss should be at least double. then you would pay the right amount of xp lossed for the trap and the bounty as you would had someone killed you.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh really?
    The lister PAID for death,NOT for someone to collect,for the DEATH.

Get your facts straight man.

20. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

yes he did and the trap setter paid for that also so therefore whoever uses the trap to get offf the bounty should lose double the xp to satisfy both people for their money. so in my opinion by using the trap you have cheated the trap setter or the lister out of the xp that you would lose from one or the other