[Other] voiding a bounty

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i have never seen them use a trap to get off the list. They usually kill each other taking the enemies gold ...LOL

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wow,I seen that PLENTY of times them using traps.

3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

you must be looking at someone else because ive never seen it happen they may kill themselves before going offline but when they are there and get listed they will ride it out and find a way to kill each other or have a friend kill them, now i have seen others do that from another guild

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Maybe not recent,but when I was in there,yeah they did.
    But I'm sure they still hit em when they realize no one will stop attacking and impossible for someone they want to get it to get it.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Youve missed the entire point. If I dont want to come down than the game shouldnt force me to.

Considering when the math equation comes up is somewhat random....there is know way of knowing when its gonna come up. I have been on bounty just a few minutes and had it come up and Ive als been up over an hour and not had it come up. Whats the point of even having the ability to heal while on bounty if the game can force u down whenever?

6. polishpimp

Ive only killed myself on a bounty trap while on bounty once or twice in all the time ive played and it certainly hasnt been any time recently. With that said I think its a perfectly legitimate strategy if u have the ability to do it which very few do

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Think about what you're saying.
    You've said the lister shouldn't get a refund when the listee WANTS to hit a trap.
    You've said the lister SHOULD get a refund when the listee WANTS to keep riding and hits the math equation.
    Hypocrisy to a new level.
    It's the listee's choice BOTH ways if they wanna come down via a trap and its the listee's choice to keep riding and hit the equation.
    No one is forcing the listee to keep riding and run into the equation.
    So you've basically given reason FOR the lister to get a refund if someone hits a bounty trap.
    If you want the lister to get a refund when the listee hits a math equation,then the lister should also get a refund when the listee hits a trap.
    Listee's choice both ways if they want to hit a trap and also if they want to keep riding and hit the equation.
    No one is forcing the listee to heal while listed.That's a CHOICE.
    Hitting a bounty trap to come off bounty is a CHOICE.
    What is the difference when it's a CHOICE both times?
    Knowing you you're going to give me a book of a reply
    Can't wait to read it.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Once or twice?
    I mean BOTH your accounts(your current one and your dead one)
    I know it's been more than once or twice.
    But would you really want to lose DOUBLE the exp like your guildmate is suggesting?

9. polishpimp

Lmao....its u who need to think about what your saying because u r seriously tripping. Yes i have a choice to heal but I do not have a choice on whether i stay up or not...if i dont have a choice then whats the point of even having the ability to heal while on bounty?

When someone lists someone their goal is to make the player dead ...correct? now regardless of how that player dies whether killed by a player or suicide on a trap....the player is dead as a direct result of the other player paying for them to die. Thats why no refund for trap deaths, the lister got exactly what they paid for.

with riders its diff, its inevitable that the rider is going to die . The lister is going to get exactly what he paid for. But whats wrong is that some other player is going to get a kill and the gold that they do not deserve if the rider is brought down as a direct result of the math equation. In addition...the riders entire build is pretty much negated.

Using your logic the listee should have zero options as far as lessening the negative impact of the bounty. That would be fine if everyone that went up on bounty was tried before a jury of his peers and found to be actually guilty of some great wrong doing....but u know as well as I do that people throw people up all the time just for kicks.

No matter what the player is going to die.....but it should only because they either choose to (if they have the ability to ride) or because another player or group of players brought them down on their own merit....they game should not assist them. In the event that the game does assist them....then in fairness the rider should not be penalized and the lister nor should the lister thats why it would basically be a "do over"....the lister gets his money back and if he wants he can list them again. But all this is probably not gonna happen, at this point I think the delay and a captcha solvable by mouse is the best way to go