[Other] voiding a bounty

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Jul 20, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree that 5-8 seconds is plenty of time. Apparently I didnt see the second half of his post until just now (edited?). I would think that if u didnt get the math equation done in time or not at all...

1. you just run the risk of being killed because the delay is over

2. Kano can just do whatever it is they do now if u dont answer the darn thing.

I actually prefer the do over option but am ok with the 5-8 second delay. Not overly concerned with the "what if" thing brought up by skywalker because crap does happen (nothing can be (100%)....I cant imagine that "crap happens" would happen every time u got a math equation...but if it did that might be reason enough for Kano to take a closer look...lol

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

I would be fine with a 5 second delay. all attackers would just see the "already in a fight" messege for a few seconds, and then game moves on. as long as no bans where attached to that 10 second delay in any way shape or form, I would rate that Idea a 10.

A new thread maybe? anyone? I have started several today already lol.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Is everyone that agrees with the delay forgetting one thing?
    Is it possible?

4. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

stuff happens , ok , and if you get suspended you can get in touch with kano and be reinstated . but repeat offenders would quickly be spotted and what are the odds for problems repeating while a player is riding the list or leveling with a partner .

if after the 8 seconds and you haven't answered the question and the rider starts getting hit again , the rider heals ? i would think that shows somethings not right .

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If someone is clicking while that equation is there,that is suspicious and warrants being frozen.

If they're not clicking when that equation shows up,then chances are good it's a lag or something.

Someone using a bot or script and not at the comp wouldn't be able to stop it and those clicks I would hope show up.

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

Thats not up to us to decide. I have no idea about the intrecacies of the kano programing. Its in the forum rules. We tell them what we want. they make it happen.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

We havent even a conclution to weither or not you can get banned for not answering that question.

All of kano apps is not involved in this discussion... There could be people out there that already ignore the math problem when they are riding... they would rightfully see no difference that they are getting at 5 second break.

kano does a decent job of reaching people to let them know of updates, but you cant reach everyone. people just dont care to look.

8. polishpimp

They can impose bounty delays on individual player and bounties are as random as they get....I would guess they would have no problem with a delay when it came to this topic as well

9. big papa Grendall

big papa Grendall New Member

no delay just dumb idea people just clicking for no reason for 8 seconds the game would lag and if you put in the senario if the person had sevral alts he would have time to heal one up and get ready to take him down like said this idea is total disception by the writer of this thread to attempt to force kano into changing the game in his favor its fine the way it is

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

Polish seems flexable, and entirely open to whatever solutions people have come up with for this problem. In what way does that suggest that he is trying to make things "his way".

Riding the list is one of the finer aspects of this game, that jealous folks, such as yourself seem to show no respect for.

11. polishpimp

Lmao.....wtf does any of what u said mean? I obviously get the hater part and the try to derail the thread part.....but everything else just looks , sounds and smells like literary vomit

12. big papa Grendall

big papa Grendall New Member

im not jealous lol i have no problem riding the list but i like the app the way it is ok so you dont think it slow the app down if for 5 to 8 secs the bounty froze and you have hundred of people clicking and plus you add in the senario if that person had hundred alt he would have time to get one loged on to take him self down or kill him self in a bounty trap of one his freinds so no one gets the bounty just a bad idea that why its got 5 rating lol :p

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

Count out 8 seconds to yourself..... seriously....

what can you do in 8 seconds????

Honestly, 8 seconds is Just a little long. The idea suggested was 5-8 seconds. Im thinking everyone is agreeing more on the 5 seconds.

how about only 3 seconds would you have enough patience to keep clicking thru 3 seconds? or are you just a nay sayer?

14. polishpimp

Excuse me? You cant ride the list....Ive played for years and not once have I seen u up for more than a minute...If Im on u its maybe a few secs.

No...I dont think it would slow down the app. For starters...There is only a few players that can ride the list for any significant amount time and even for us its not like it (math problem)happens all the time and sometimes when it does happen nobody is attacking heavily.

Not sure what your trying to say about alts. Are u actually saying that someone would purposely wait around on the bounty list until they get a math equation then as soon as they do... log into another account make sure the account is ready, switch back to their main and do the math and then back to the alt to get the kill in 5-8 seconds? LMAO....good luck with that one. Once again...there r but a few who can ride and they r high levels....so dont forget to have the alt get a boost....lol. Even if your scenario was possible.... there is still others attacking so the odds would be very slim and really be pointless anyways....why wouldnt u just have a friend bring u down like I do?

Kill yourself in a bounty trap? During the delay you wouldnt be able to do that. After the delay it would be back to biz as usual and if someone has the time and they want to...by all means go right ahead

15. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

If your not making comments directly related to the OP, please move along.

16. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

We know players can get overheated on topics but again try to keep it professional as possible. If your not able to do that then this thread will be closed down and only access to it will be able to click to rate the idea. Developers have already been made of the situation on this thread. Please keep in mind there is a big difference between banter and just constantly throwing out insults at one another.

17. polishpimp

I think the delay could even be shorter than 5-8 seconds if the captchas were changed like "skywalker og" suggested. In stead of using math problems which require one uses their keyboard...use captchas that u can solve using your mouse....this would significantly decrease the amount of time needed for a delay. Heres a link to "skywalker og" thread where u will find an example of what im talking about

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7976-Replacement-for-the-math-problem-10

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Apparently I missed this.
    Sure it's the listee's choice if they hit a bounty trap.
    It's also the listee's choice to heal on the bounty.
    No one is forcing anyone to heal while on bounty.
    So yes,it IS the listee's choice if they run into that equation.

19. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i think that if the listee hits a bounty trap just to get off they should lose double the xp they would otherwise lose and im all for a delay of 3 to 5 sec. for answering that math problem

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well then plenty of top players would be losing double including at least 2 in your guild :)