Battle arena 4

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Jul 21, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

A pretty disappointing turnout out for the MSPC 4...only 140 players? Staying true to my word I entered but remained inactive not attacking a single time. I was pretty happy with my finish @ #100 and my 1 FP....it marked the first time I actually came out ahead even after 3 1st and a 2nd place finish.....maybe there is something to this whole inactive thing....lol. I didnt even bother trying to avoid 15% health penalty as I most likely would have lost more health by being active.

On a side note...Congrats to the armada that that dominated the top of the rankings, must be nice to be back on top.

Something I did find interesting though is that it appeared I was the victim of what some would call "gang like tactics" or what I like to call "teamwork". I was attacked simultaneously by the top 3 ranking players ....which was very odd considering that 2 of the 3 have publicly proclaimed that they dont work together and to do so would be beneath them, nonstrategic, unsportsmanlike and "ganglike". Do I begrudge them of course not.....like Ive said many times I believe that "teamwork" IS strategic ....and after the whooping they took the previous week its nice to see them all working together again. Nice job guys!

I would like to point out that the one armada member who actually has been honest about how he plays the arena finished #4 and was not part of the "team" that took my inactive butt out. Big props to him for his finish and honesty.

I look forward to the next arena where once again I will enter but will take the profitable way out and remain inactive.

@Kano I was a bit surprised to see the reward structure changed very little if at all even though the participation numbers were far less than half what they have been in the past. Are the rewards not dependent on the number of entries? If so.....with such lil change in the rewards with so fewer participants it would seem to be much better rewards if fewer play.....not sure if thats exactly the way I would promote participation.....just a thought

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I also entered at the almost the last min, did as little as possible and ranked 22 , no wrist or hand pain, and just attacked here and there off the fight board, saw one player with low health so went for that one, would stop , check to see if anyone was also attacking a number of times and kept doing that slowly had the person down and someone must have been watching and swooped it, so went to bed with 182 left and woke up to being # 22 and got a reward, did more fighting in my regular game while this went on lol, if ya can't beat them join them, my experiment was a success in a lame sort of way, there are 4 left in the arena, prob all sleeping, and one is a lower level than much like those who complain that the arena only benefits high level players, this player should put that to rest once and for all, our FB real high levels are mostly dead so, Bravo my friend

3. polishpimp

WOW....very nice...CONGRATS!

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Congrats to the final four winners in the FB PC arena , all my good clan and for those who think only the higher levels can win th # 3 slot goes to a Level 2413, WTG guys WTG :) :) :)

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Where did 140 come from Pimp?
    Look again,there was 282.

Thanks for the congrats,I'm sure SWM appreciates it.Btw I think I only did a few attacks on you if I'm remembering right.I knew it was you but I wasn't going to waste too much stam when there were others wanting to knock you out.Saw you,realized it was you,did some hits here and there and then didn't come back in time to steal the kill :)

I'll admit I ALMOST blew it at one point.No idea how I recovered from that.

Congrats on #100,too bad you weren't spotted sooner.
    And a big congrats to SWM dominating the top 5.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

it sucks i entered then shortly after i was like oh ya im leaving for the day but still got rank 113 yay but i was sad that i wasnt able to play. but i will most likly be able to play the 5th arena.i got rank 113 on myspace

7. polishpimp

Thats odd...when i looked earlier my list only went 140, it now goes to 282.

A few attacks eh? well over 300. and u were attacking at the same time #1 and #3 were attacking. I wonder what the odds are that #1,#2, #3 who all happen to be from the same armada would just happen upon lil ole me just 1 of a hundred left ....all at the same time with out the use of the search feature or with teaming/ganging (aka communicating). Someone with better math skills than I will have to figure that out....thats way to high a number for me....lol

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I won't lie I did post that was you.
    Although I'm pretty sure #1 and #3 were hitting long after I stopped.
    I found you,saved you and checked back a little.Obviously not in time.
    I did NOT use the search :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

being that i am number 4, the only reason i wasnt attacking u was that i was in defense mode and entered back with 98 remaining

10. polishpimp

l

lol. of course the person who first finds a player doesnt need to use the search feature.....its the rest of the team/gang that needs to once u find the player, at that point...according to u...it becomes gang like tactics does it not? u know I dont care...i call that strategy and teamwork and applaud u for it. Your the one calling it gang like and beneath you....lol Either way...CONGRATS again

11. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

actually all of us have different tactics, BEN AND GT kill everything in sight, i attack all the low levels, so someone just trying to sit it out and hope for the best doesnt get through.

12. polishpimp

lol...once again I appreciate your honesty. Im in total favor of anything goes in the arena. Its just to bad that some of the others in your armada arent quite as honest and have actually gone outta their way to cover up their actions and have even tried to skew the arena to their advantage by using the forums when they already have an EARNED advantage.

Oh well. CONGRATS on your success...nothing but the best for u and yours.

13. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

Malibu

now that had to be a surprise when she got back on. it is inevitable, when u got less players left that we were attacking the same person, when we got down to 8, 5 SWM members and 3 in defense. we picked them off 1 by 1, Malibu just happened to be last. I imagine Maliblu was ticked when logged in and dead while in defense, but then realized got 6th

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well this myspace arena ended with current #1 against the last player to hold #1 before him :)

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Here's a very unlikely scenario but would like to know what happens should it occur.
    Let's say you're attacking someone,and you land the killshot but at the same time lose all your health.
    Would that kill count and keep you alive?
    Would you lose and it get rewarded to the player you attacked?
    Would it knock both players out?

16. polishpimp

yes...but when there is 100 players left the odds r what for 1 person...1 in 100? Now what are the odds that 3 players do the same? now factor in that all 3 players are from the same armada and managed to happen across the same person wihin minutes of one another....the odds go thru the roof. but what the hay....im sure stranger things have happened...lol

17. polishpimp

huh? not to be rude...but how is that worth a hoot when your workihg together? its not like it happend by chance....it happened because u were a team...and its happened before has it not?

18. polishpimp

which came first the chicken or the egg? lol

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hmm,just found it kinda weird since that didn't happen first 2 arenas and really didn't expect it this one either considering my screw up I did.

20. Ace

Ace Member

Was pretty surprised to see that on Facebook the winners were quite a low level. Number 3 was on my fightlist (and I was honestly tempted to hitlist him due to him stealing kills from me lol) but in the end, I had my share of fun, got a load of exp and died at the best time I could. Ranked #18 and waiting for #9 for the next prize would've been impossible on my conditions, so yeah, I feel happy enough :D