[Other] voiding a bounty

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Jul 20, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There is a major problem with the math equation coming up for players riding the bounty list, Because of this security feature players who have worked hard to be able to ride the list are being unduly punished by the math equation which allows other players to take them down off bounty.

Previously I suggested that Kano remove this particular security feature for players riding the bounty page but I was informed that Kano could not remove it from one aspect of the game without removing it from all, well we certainly dont want that...so heres an alternative...

When and if the math equation comes up for a player RIDING the list the bounty should become null and void. The person setting the bounty can have their gold returned and they can re-list the player if they like or not....whichever they decide.

I think this idea is fair. The Rider doesnt get taken down through no fault of there own and the lister gets there gold back to do with as they wish.

The math equation appears after thousands of clicks....its hardly fair someone work that hard to only get screwed. After a player works hard to get to a point they can ride the list....it just isnt right they can be riding for a long time and get taken down because of the math equation. Nor is it right that some player will be rewarded the gold and the kill for something they didnt earn.

With this idea there is nothing to be gained by either side so its fair. The rider would lose out on the cost of healing and the attackers would lose out on their stam...so its a wash.

As mentioned by both JJ and Gazember...another idea would be to simply give the hit list rider a a few seconds of immunity from being killed while they answer the math equation. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

that sounds like a fair solution to the problem...i give it 10 stars

3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

10 stars from me even if i dont bouny alot of people you never know when itl come in handy

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Even if never happened for me before this math thing,
    in my opinion would be far more easier and fairer, that during the math equation just give to that person a 5-10 second immunity on the hitlist, instead of voiding all the attacks, rival list and the rivals stamina spent, the XP earned during this event by attackers, the XP lost for going through the rigs by the lister and etc.

5. polishpimp

Thats a good idea as well, JJ had also mentioned that in another thread. I will add it to the idea...ty. please remember to vote

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

I dont get it. The math equation doesnt cause you to not be able to ride. Trying to answer it is what kills ya!

Riding and killing at the same time is a hell of a trick. Honestly Wish i could do it too show off! :)

I have an idea...

I used to play this game called "kings of chaos"

The captchas they used was a letter of the alphabet shown in a hazy sot of picture, and you had to click one of 9 boxes that coresponded to that number shown.

it would just as equal to trying to take somone down, you would just have to click in a different spot.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

The reason i dont like this idea is because If i put a bounty on somone. They die, guaraunteed. weither somone takes them down, or are forced to hit a trap, or give the money to somone i dont want to have it. They die. I dont want a refund. i want what i payed for.

Maybe i could list them again, but what if they're riding passed the amount of time that i feel like sitting at the computer

And on the counter hand... it doesnt seem fair to somone thats riding the list and wouldn not choose to go down over a captia... like say nobody was really being listed, they where just clicking hitlist to keep an eye to make sure nobody attacked them.

I dont ruin 10 ratings. if everyone else likes this, im not giving it a 1.

but i cant get behind this one.

8. polishpimp

I understand your wanting to get what u payed for and u might very well log off b4 the captcha came up for the rider....but at least the rider wouldnt get killed unfairly and u would get your gold back and u could simply just list him at a later time. I guess it just comes down to whats more important to someone...instant gratification or fairness...lol

Im not sure I understand what your trying to say in your second paragraph. Are u asking what if no one is attacking the rider when the captcha comes up, what happens? If so... thats a good question, I would imagine the bounty would still be voided and the gold returned unless someone can think of a better idea. Fortunately.....getting taken off bounty by the captcha doesnt happen all the time so I cant imagine it would be a huge deal....certainly not as big a deal as when it does take u down

The other type of captcha u suggested in your previous post would definitely give the rider a better shot at getting it done while healing....but It surely wouldnt guarantee it. Often times I will have so many players hitting me that the slightest of delay means certain death. Its hard enough to just focus on healing let alone anything else.

9. Look, I realize not everyone can ride the bounty list, but give it time. If you build your acct. with that in mind, or, as I say, correctly, you will some day be able to thwart your enemies and have more control over who takes you down. Unless Kano interferes with a stupid math equation, that is.

So, since Kano claims they can't fix the problem, I guess this would be the next best solution, to void the bounty and start over. I'm not happy with it 100%, but it sure beats being taken down by an enemy through no fault of your own! And, I might add, no skill on their part either.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I would like to know how often this happens. If you get listed 10 times, out of those 10, how many times would you die because you couldn't answer the math question fast enough?

11. polishpimp

It totally depends on how many are hitting you or even who in some cases. I have some rivals that will hit me nonstop for thousands of attacks, nearly every time that happens im brought down because I had to answer a math equation (the only exceptions being my pc ,kano or MS is refreshing). Granted...those rivals arent on all the time...but when they are they have their pals list me and just wait me out knowing Im gonna get that that math equation. Considering my base bounty is over 20t...its worth doining, but its definatly abusing the system or exploiting a loop hole as some like to say. In the end ...players are getting kills and huge amounts of gold not because they are stronger or deserve it......but because Kanos security hands it to them. While everything the rider did while riding and to get their account to the point that it could ride is all for nothing

So if and when the math equation comes up and u are under heavy attack by powerful players it would be 100% of the time u die because of it

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  12. Eraser

Eraser Member

why cant you heal when there is a math problem?? that doesnt make any sense.... the math problem only stops you from seeing the list... You can keep refreshing the math problem over and over no problem.

at least on zs... im not sure about pirates... maybe you should give that a try?

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What happened to no refund no matter what?
    I KNOW you said that in another thread.
    Now you're changing your tune when it suddenly becomes a problem for you.
    Different situations,SAME end result that you said should NEVER happen.
    Can't have it both ways.

14. polishpimp

Find me a thread where i said that....now your just making crap up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  15. polishpimp

how long can u go without answering the math equation before u get frozen?

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Bounty traps!!!!!
    What's the difference here?
    You were hardcore against the lister getting the refund of the coin if the listee suicided.
    NOW its if the listee gets a math equation the lister should get a refund???
    Can't have it both ways if the lister is NEVER suppose to get a refund.
    This isn't real life" was your reasoning behind it.
    Well Pimp,this isn't real life.
    Real life a listee wouldn't have to answer a math equation if they were good at dodging the hit.
    So why should the lister get a refund if the listee gets knocked off because of a math equation?

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

I have no idea... thats one for the devs!

I am not for sure that not answering the question at all will get you frozen...

It was to prevent automation of hitlist killing.... making the hits unavailable if you dont answer... im not for sure if it can get you banned or not.

I really suggest you email the devs and ask them to put some words in here on that subject.

18. nellie97502

nellie97502 New Member

I also gave it 10 stars. The math equation in the middle of riding the list is not fair game play.

19. polishpimp

ROFLMAO......Ru kidding me that u dont see a difference?

Bounty traps - its a choice....either the rider decides to die via bounty trap or they do not. An option afforded them because of how they built their account. The goal of the lister was also achieved and the rider is dead.

The concerns in that thread were that that nobody actually got the gold even though the listee still died. which is exactly the way it should be. If u dont kill the target u certainly dont deserve the gold. As far as the lister goes...they paid to have the listee die and they got exactly what they paid for. whether killed by someone or committing suicide the listee died. Had the lister not bountied the listee then obviously the listee would not have died or lost any XP. But because they did list them...the listee did incur all the negatives that go along with being listed.

What people were really concerned about here was the fact that gold transfers were being thwarted. player X list player Z in hopes that playerY will get it.....player zZ commits suicide and nobody gets the money but X still payed and Z is still dead.

Math equation- Once again the whole reason a player can ride the list is because of their skill point allocation earned by leveling.

The diff here is that there is no choice.....the game is dictating what happens and the everything the rider has done to build their account is being disregarded and made pointless. Once the math equation comes up its no longer a fair fight between attacker and rider as the rider has his hands tied as they now need to answer the math equation while the attacker gets to keep attacking.

A big diff here is that the gold isnt just disappearing nor should it, the lister would get it back because unlike a bounty trap suicide his desired result in which they paid for is NOT being achieved.

The attacker certainly doesnt deserve the gold if they didnt get the kill with out the assistance of the game and the rider certainly doesnt deserve to be killed prematurely through no fault of their own.

The reasons for riding the list are plentiful and differing depending on the player. Its an amazing feat of strength and endurance....undoubtedly the most impressive in the games and the ability to do so can only be done by very few. Its a testament to how much these players have accomplished and how hard they have worked..... Its just lame that all that is negated because of the game and not through the actions of its players.

In the end...with thee math equation thing nobody gets screwed by the game and its essentially a do over. With the bounty trap thing both parties achieved their desired result. So as u can see....the 2 cases r nothing alike and in fact essentially the opposite of one another. Thanks for playing...please come again ;)

If I remember correctly....u and I were on the same side of thatdebate...Let me guess.....youve had another change of heart? Stating to look like youve changed your opinion on everything....even though you were so admant and passionate about those topics. Now that u r so adamant n passionate in the complete opposite view....I gotta wonder if anybody should even be listening to someone so wishy washy. So ...which way is the wind blowing today?

20. polishpimp

Honestly...IDK how the security feature and how Kanos decides to act on them work and I highly doubt that they will tell us (with good reason). I was given the impression that the security feature was to aid in the detection of all automation whether attacking or healing. What I do know is that we are supposed to answer the security feature and when it comes up while healing on bounty it has a detrimental effect on a players game.

I too agree that it would be great if Kano chimed in the subject.