Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Crunk

Crunk New Member

This is a strategy game. For people to pay for their success in a battle arena is wrong. In a real life battle arena you are not given stamina. So for Kano to get rich of that is utter BS. I can understand a boost but not buying the stamina. Stamina should be earned just like health is. You cant buy health its earned!!!

2. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

The battle arena is down to the last 29 im still there as i should be lol
    one thing i noticed which may be helpful
    on the fight list you have an option to attack or save the target
    when you are attacked the last attacker is displayed and option to attack and save
    but if you type in the search bar to find a target it only gives you the option to attack and not save
    so could it possible to add that as well ?

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Should come over to viking thread where some of us are saying eliminate the search.

4. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

that actually is a good idea Lord as at the moment people work as a team and give links to search
    now is it good to work as a team and pick a target and get it or work solo
    the arena is ment to be a one for all so that means it should be solo so yes then in that instance i would say loose the find people box

i also noticed the last 30 just sit and wait it out
    i think maybe there should be a minimum attacks every hour once you get to the last 50 or health decreases as this would stop people sitting it out which is what we are all doing now

5. magicalblow

magicalblow New Member

To make it truly more random and free for all, then getting rid of search box would be a good idea. I think the 15% health loss is a good addition to the inactive players. I don't think there should be any more implemented. Sitting/waiting it out is a decision and a strategy. Everyone is worried about them self and whats best for their chances to rank higher. Therefore not attacking and waiting might be the best chance for them.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

meant to be a one for all? where was that said or even implied? do u think a level 1500 would stand any chance what so ever going toe to toe with a level 5k? Taking the search option away would insure that only high levels would win .

I think the arena was meant to be a "free-for-all" which would allow a wide range of levels to go at it using all the tools at our exposal and the knowledge weve learned in the main game including but not limited to our clan and differing strategies.

Kano has already said that there is no way to stop or even police outside communication....so by taking away the search option you will take away the only chance of taking down the ultra high leveled players while those players can still communicate with other players and tell them to be on the lookout for such n such a name. To get rid of the search option is to say u only want the higest of levels to win....because if they are not taken down quickly then they will become unbeatable. Not all but most of the games have 1 or just a few uber high leveled players....unless these players are complete blubbering idiots they can never be taken down unless they are tag teamed. Do u really want to protect the highest of levels while taking away any shot for the lil guys? I sure as heck dont.....as a high level i like the fact that im not being overly restricted yet the lil guy still has a shot at taking me down if they use teamwork and have a solid gameplan....but then again...im not afraid of a lil competition. Some of the bozos in the VC thread think that its just simple "strength in numbers and are not smart enough to know that u still need a good game plan. These guys are trying to convince players the search feature is hurting lower levels when nothing could be further from the truth. These guys know damn well that the opposite is true and are just trying to save their own asses because they got the snot kicked out of them because they lost to a very small group of players thousands and thousands of levels below them and now they are butt hurt about it. The fact is they just got outplayed, they could have righted the ship but they made very poor decisions.....so now because they realize they arent half as good as they thought they were thew want to skew the game to their advantage. Its pathetic really

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

We been over this Pimp.You really think a gang of 30 low levels has any shot against a high level?I think not.The only thing that'll happen is the high level will kill those 30 low levels and gain quick health from it.Search might work for mid mid levels and higher,but anything lower than that,soon as they hit a high level,unless that high level has weak defense,that gang is going down and lets that high level stack health.

8. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

the only way a low level can have a chance against a high level is to 1, have a high or mid level chain down the target then let the low level get the kill
    and to be honest who is gonna do that and give away the kill
    at the end of the day the high levels will win the game if you lucky as a mid level u may come in top 20 as i have just done

9. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Your Rank is 20!
    Rewards include:
    Collected!
    Profile: BiAtcHeS

Attacks 9,636
    Kills 9
    Wins 9,169
    Losses 2,377
    Biggest Attack 2,814,546 damage

10. BLANCHE
    Attacks 1,197
    Kills 5
    Wins 1,089
    Losses 1,316
    Biggest Attack 2,115,068 damage

11. polishpimp

Sy, your simply wrong. In Pc a player at level 10k was brought down by 5 players less then half his level (most far less than half). the equivalent would be a group of 5 level 1s taking down a level 5k.

Low levels arent even allowed to participate in the arena. In most arenas I believe the lowest level eligible is level 750, if your top player in the arena is in excess of level 10k than a mid level player would be approx 5.5 k

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Gotta disagree there Pimp.
    Granted it's not the same exp curve in LCN,the basics is still there.
    A level 3k is by no means a low or even a mid level.That's a high level.
    Just because #2 there is only 5k and some change,doesn't make them mid level.
    Even facebook where the levels are higher(regardless if its LCN,PC,VC[don't think ZS has a level 10k yet but could be wrong])level 5k is still not a low level or even mid level.
    Level 1s aren't even allowed to battle.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  13. magicalblow

magicalblow New Member

Attacks 624
    Kills 3
    Wins 642
    Losses 1,976
    Biggest Attack 939,889 damage

14. polishpimp

Im talking about the difference between levels, the diff in levels between me and ben is 6200 levels, the average of the other 4 that participated in taking Ben down would be approx the same. If five opponents banded together to take just me down and the average diff in levels was the same as was for us and Ben....then those players would be an average of "negative" 2200 levels below me.

My point being that the term "low level" is relative to the opponent your facing, in this situation when comparing Us to Ben we would be low levels.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Still,a level 3000 is(at the LOWEST)a high mid level.High mid levels have a decent shot using it.
    One thing for sure though.Next arena if the search remains I will use it to search out the little levels.
    Lots of low level kills will stack the health up.Then the low levels will have every right to call me a bully.
    That's exactly what the search feature promotes.

16. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Attacks 52,773
    Kills 91
    Wins 48,280
    Losses 5,229
    Biggest Attack 6,178,804 damage

Battle arena name: Yo Momma Loves Me

17. gods people

gods people Active Member

SawSig-1.jpg ..........

18. polishpimp

LOL....how many times have you posted that there is no such thing as a bully in these games? I believe u even called my "what constitutes bullying" thread the best thread ever.

Beyond that...how can someone bully someone in the arena? everybody must die but one despite their level right? so u go right ahead and focus on them lower levels and rack up that miniscule health rewards while i focus on the larger rewards.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1)Opinions change.

2)A gang up of mid mid levels and higher is a bully gang.
    A low level up to a low mid level gang is a gang that will get wiped out as soon as they hit a hungry high level.
    All search does is allow low level gang ups to get wiped out as soon as they hit a high level and feed the high level free health.

20. polishpimp

First of all the word "gang" is used to describe a group of criminals, delinquents or hoodlums banded together in the the pursuit of criminal behavior or protection. Considering there is no violation of any rules Im thinking "gang" is not the correct terminology.

bul·ly 1 (bl)
    n. pl. bul·lies
    1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
    2. A hired ruffian; a thug.

v. bul·lied, bul·ly·ing, bul·lies
    v.tr.
    1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
    2. To make (one's way) aggressively.
    v.intr.
    1. To behave like a bully.
    2. To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation:

wheres the intimidation? wheres the weaker person being picked on? They whole idea of the arena is to attack as often as u can and kill everyone regardless of level...therefor there is no such thing as as a bully or bullying in an arena, its simply kill or be killed.

strat·e·gy (strt-j)
    n. pl. strat·e·gies
    a. The science and art of using all the forces of a nation to execute approved plans as effectively as possible during peace or war.
    b. The science and art of military command as applied to the overall planning and conduct of large-scale combat operations.
    2. A plan of action resulting from strategy or intended to accomplish a specific goal. See Synonyms at plan.
    3. The art or skill of using stratagems in endeavors such as politics and business.

Noun 1. teamwork - cooperative work done by a team (especially when it is effective); "it will take money, good planning and, above all, teamwork"
    cooperation - joint operation or action; "their cooperation with us was essential for the success of our mission"

As you can see ..these words are far more accurate. In the situation with Ben in MSPC...he is unbeatable with out both teamwork and strategy which is not possible without the search option or unless Ben took a dive. As far as some group or team eventually getting eaten alive...once again...there can only be one winner regardless of how it plays out, your way offers only one possible outcome where as my way gives everyone at least some chance

As u say..."ganging up" on some uber high level does not guarantee success it simply increases the odds of being successful vs no chance at all if players were to go it alone. Like i said before...Its not as simple as as just some group opening fire on one individual especially when its someone more than double everyone else. If u think Im gonna tell u why than your sorely mistaken as I will keep that to myself in case I ever plan on kicking Bens butt again...lol

Its amazing that Kano has let us ramble on this long. Would be nice if they chimed in on what they think of all this. How about it Kano?
    1. Is a group of lesser levels banding together to take down an individual that no one player can take down sound strategy or thug like behavior?

2. Does it make much sense that an ultra high level would use the search feature to seek out ultra low players?

3. Why was the search feature implemented in the first place?

4. Has it been used the way u thought it would ?

5. Has it been heavily abused in your opinion?

6.Would it be possible for a single player less than half Bens level of 10k to bring him down themselves?

7. Is there such a thing as bullying in the arena?

8. Does taking out higher leveled players offer the lower level players more of a chance to climb in the rankings ?