Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Next battle arena is live, please continue discussion and feedback about the feature here.

New features and updates include:
    -Bug and stability fixes
    -Enter arena button on lobby (some browsers cannot auto load, this is simply a manual enter to refresh the page)
    -Defensive stance toggle (5minute penalty when disabling)
    -15% health penalty for inactive players after 6 hours
    -Increased health bonus on attacks
    -Increased Point rewards for top tiers

If you would like to catch-up on earlier battle arena discussions please see this thread (note some topics may be outdated) http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7768-Battle-Arena-Discussion-(Round-2)

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So am I correct that "search" is still there?

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

"enter arena button"....what is this? Once u join dont u automatically enter once the arena starts?

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

HATE saying it,but you're right on how that's confusing.

5. polishpimp

I sure hope its not something to protect inactive/late players, they should be just as vulnerable as those who show up on time

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pretty sure last time it also said this.Think it's a small bug that it doesn't disappear.And right under it it says you have been entered.

7. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

So if some one gets off for the night, and wake up lets say 8 hours later, they will get the 15% health penalty, that doesnt sound right, everyone has to sleep, and plus people have work.

8. polishpimp

The 15% health penalty is if you dont have 100 attacks in the first six hours. Personally I dont think the penalty is any where near severe enough, all inactive players do is cost the active players more stamina

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

Some people were having issues with the auto load of the page, even though you are automatically entered into the arena at start, the enter button just serves as a manual page refresh.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I don't expect to last long.Shouldn't be too hard to find if anyone really thinks about it.If I'm still alive when I log on I'll be shocked.If I am though,then watch out Pimp.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  11. polishpimp

ahhhh....very cool...TY!

12. polishpimp

Did the glitch that wasnt awarding the kill reward get fixed? Sometimes a player will deliver the deathblow, the game says u delivered the death blow a, u r even listed as the player who killed your opponent and the other player u killed even verifies that u killed them and that u were the only one attacking and u still do not get the health reward. This is a major issue that has been brought up a few times but not acknowledged by Kano except thru support in which they replied that someone else must have delivered the kill shot....lol. Obviously the health reward and stamina are of major importance in the arena...I certainly hope this got fixed as it nearly knocked me out of the last PC arena

13. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Increase of health bonus on attacks ... expires? If it doesn't, its not working atm.

14. alka

alka Banned

I sent screen shot to support showing I killed the guy but didn't get payout. Didn't hear back so assumed issue was solved!!

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I have to assume you got me Pimp.That's if your junkyard dog.With name I chose I knew once you saw it it was lights out.

16. HdBanger

HdBanger New Member

the arena started at about 3am my local time (GMT+8), so naturally i was sleeping when it began.

it mentioned about 6hr penalty if i don't login to play. so i logged in at 8.30am (local time), straight out of bed.

guess what? i was already killed.

qn to myself: why do i sign up for a game if i don't even get to play it?

i am about level 2015 when i entered the arena. i did take part in the first battle, and manage to have some playing. died around position 250+.

my only thought is that those around my level and below, serve as punchbags for those in 5digit levels. if that's the case, raise the level ceiling to level 3000+, instead of 1240+.

suggestion: keep the game to players within 50 levels for a certain number of hours. after that time, group the lesser surviving numbers into a bigger level range (within 100?). until by day 3, only the strongest across all levels are still around. at least the players who haven't entered the fray have a chance to survive, than get slaughtered without even pressing an attack button. meanwhile, those who didn't even start the game, terminate their participation by halfway pt.

otherwise, i'm off the arenas. i rather save my stamina points for boss and battles in the regular game.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Start times rotate every arena.One of them is bound to be ideal for you.Besides,you get free exp for joining without even having to participate.

18. polishpimp

There was a couple I thought might be u, after u basically challenged me saying it wasnt gonna happen again....of course i had to go for it. Woof woof!

19. polishpimp

Nah...its still happening unfortunately, it happened to a good friend of mine today and it basically led to their demise....losing a 500b reward is huge when your heavily invested in the target. Kano needs to fix this first or theres really no point wasting are stamina on lackluster rewards and getting screwed.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I meant on PIRATE it wont happen again.BTW my name was one that was FOR SURE lights out.
    I'd say what it was,but I don't think I'm allowed to.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012