How can something like this happen?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by forbidden7, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forbidden7

forbidden7 Member

Close
    Once your Hit is posted, Patovica de Pelotero will be publicly listed for attack. The reward will be given to whoever accomplishes the task. It costs 1 Stamina to place a user on the hitlist.
    Confirm Cost: $1,562,500

Im still a bit noob at this game but look at this..how can something like this happen :confused: ? or is it me who just don't know a thing bout anything :p

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

What is it that u think is wrong? Everything looks fine to me.

3. forbidden7

forbidden7 Member

[HM] Patovica de Pelotero
    Level 1067 Woodsman

Note: this will be the 213th bounty on this user in the last day or so. Recent bounties will increase a users bounty cost.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ahhh, Ive seen a few like this, Alts like this usually exist for warring or achievement purposes. They keep the bounty price low on purpose via a combo of upkeep vs property vs level. . I cant remember off the top of my head exactly what the formula is but Im sure Lord Breakfield will chime in eventually and he'll know what it is.

5. forbidden7

forbidden7 Member

hmm...i still a bit curious :p...why do keep the bounty price low if u can let other people even lower player to list u n lost ur exp?

6. Ace

Ace Member

The hitlist cost on Zombie Slayer is your net income multiplied by 15, with a minimum cost of 10000. By raising your upkeep, you can lower your base hitlist cost, and thus get listed for small ammounts such as that.

Maybe some "warring alts" do that for who-knows-why. I do it to have fun, there's no advantage on doing this (it normally takes a few months for me to die 212 times, while it took me less than a day to take my bounty to 213th). You spend cash on items and you lose A LOT of exp. Still, it's fun, and you get to ambush people who usually annoy you for sums of 10 millions ^_^

Greetings from Patovica de Pelotero.

7. So what

So what Member

in fairness hes not an alt ...hes on a quest to be the highest paid bounty ...his faction is broke so hes using all the weapons and when he gets to the time that it will cost 10 trillion to list hell sell all his weapons and its best man standing:cool:

8. forbidden7

forbidden7 Member

ahh now i see..thanks fr clearing it up for me :)..
    i bet if u sold all the items mybe it will cost more than the Gingerbreadman now :p

9. Ace

Ace Member

If my calculations are not wrong, there's still a way to go before I reach that much.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

He has bought massive amounts of upkeep to lower his bounty so that it can be listed sky while very cheap and then he can sell off all the upkeep and his bounty will be up around the trillions mark without people having to spend the money to get it there.

This will not go un noticed by Kano. As it is not how they intended for someones bounty to rise, i expect they will look at a "fix" to put a stop to this king of thing.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

they do it in PC also, have not seen it anywhere else yet, but I am sure it will happen if it has not yet, the other day in PC one player let them list her 530 times by doing the same thing, lame, she use to do it when you could sell rule now they do it by buying inventory, it is happening more and more

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'd like to see Kano try and stop this.How can they though?

A)Can only have so much upkeep before a cut off limit even if it's not more than your income(only see complaints happening with this)

B)Only let a bounty price drop so far(complaints again will happen)

C)Leave it alone as it's been around since the beginning(we MIGHT have a winner here)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  13. Ace

Ace Member

If you want to "fix" this (I don't see this as a bug, nor something that can be abused, as there's a high cost for doing it) the best way would make your bounty based on brute income, instead of net income.

Then again, I stated my opinion. It's not a bug nor it's a thing people can abuse of. Sure, you can take your bounty to 100 trillions, but you die like 5000 times on the way. Is it worth it? I think not.

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I never said it was a bug i said it's not how Kano intended for it to work. Kano are notorious for "fixing" things that are not being used the way they intended, just ask LCN players that can no longer sell off all property or anyone who was holding down Enter to heal in FireFox.

15. alka

alka Banned

I don't understand the problem here. A player can dictate their bounty in how they buy or sell.
    Seems people have a problem with low bounties as well as high bounties these days.
    The question was asked, the player gave an answer, now the quest is on to prevent it!!
    Seems there's no "f" in fun in Kano these days.
    I speak to the player in question from time to time and he's not an alt.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Property can get sold though.

17. Ace

Ace Member

Not on ZS.

18. forbidden7

forbidden7 Member

But realy..i wanna know how much did u lose ur exp :)

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

That post I quoted said LCN

20. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ps last I looked it was up to 404th bounty and dog gone it I didnt' catch any of them. HAHAHA

Seriously though besides the high bounty part it's also a way to get some serious rivals to fight. As you get bigger you will discover your fl is non existent so this would also help with fight win achievements and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.