[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The time required to process each case, review and take action alone makes this an unfeasible option, which is why we are looking to handle this case through a protection type feature with the requirements and thresholds discussed previously.

Even if it was feasible, what about the 80% of the players that don't write in and just leave the game?

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I give up , your game, you are gonna do what you think best, I just disagree big time :)

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Kendall what are u doing here...its a holiday weekend, your commitment is admirable!

80% of what number that actually leave the game because of 1k or more unretalliated attacks? How many can there actually be? If they dont write in...how do u know why they r leaving....is this just an assumption? Im honestly not trying to be a pest, I completely understand that u guys dont want these newer or less devoted players leaving the game...but why is it that so many long time playing players who were once very active leaving? Not that any one update has been crippling or anything but the sheer number of ever growing updates that restrict play have an extreme wear on the vets and a leaves them with a sense that they r being taken for granted....as if Kano feels that theyve so much invested that they are more likely to stay while those who arent wont. It just seems to me with the ever increasing number of long time players leaving dissatisfied that perhaps bad press is whats really to blame here. As much as I love your guys games....as much as thing are changing .....if someone asked me today in comparison to 2 years ago how I felt about Kano....my opinion would be be completely different. Dont take me wrong her....my intent is to help not trash on ya, you guys have been trying like crazy to stop the bleeding but it just doesnt seem to be helping. With that said...u guys have done some great things recently such as the battle arenas, I just hope u guys dont water them down as well.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  4. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

lcn is not your main game so why you against it as it wouldnt affect you anyway

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The 80% was just a guesstimate but would make a bet that it is actually likely a lot higher than that, the "80%" is of all the griefed players that actually either can't figure out how to contact support or just move on to another game / app and couldn't be bothered.

From past surveys and through data collected through support channels being griefed is top compliant with-in LCN.

Say attacking a player 1k times without retaliation with-in 24-hrs, for where you are in the game wouldn't that be enough? That would be from in-range attacks and not from players that open up the retaliation window, those players would have to still ride out the 24-hrs of "pain".

Attacking someone +1k times in 24-hrs without retaliation, if that is not enough what is?

K... now got to get out and enjoy Canada Day :)

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Linda, how may players rivals lists are you in where you have +1k attacks on them with-in 24-hrs and they have not retaliated?

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I play 4 kano games not 1 and no it will not affect my game play I am against it for the limit and restriction part of it, but like I said I am done, Kano's game ,I am just a player , I gave my feelings and I am done now have a nice day :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  8. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Well I wouldn't have expected that sort of play from anybody with integrity, I suppose some folk will do anything to save face when beat :/

Apparently .. I wasn't involved but have heard the stories of this sort of thing happening in the past few days ... 2 groups in a war, leader of losing group complains of bullying to dev's resulting in her biggest rival being frozen for a few days - as this story co-insides with the appearance of this topic, seems to lend credence to the tale ... Anyway, If true its underhand & cowardly but also if not true shows folk have been already been thinking of ways to abuse the "protection's" true function for their own advantage.

... I'll get back to you on that ... I'll post the question in Strike :)

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

How many attacks in 24hrs is enough?The full 5k limit.Whether opponent retaliated or not,5k is what's enough attacks since that's the limit that was put in place.

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Since i have not chimed in awhile on this thread. There are players out there Kendall that will not let a bully dictate on them hiding in a game. And yes i know of players including myself who will keep healing constantly if you do not have the ability at that time to protect yourself with rigs counters or whatever is available kano has given you. Once you start to back down from players who do this they win and then they ruin your game play or run off there mouths all over the place talking crap. And then you slowly back into a corner and just quit playing. And no one puts baby in a corner sorry had to get a laugh for someone out there

11. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

I work daily and only play at night, after the family is settled. The game is not my life and never will be. I enjoy the game apart from this one loon who is nothing but a sad individual with nothing better to do than try to spoil my game. If you do not believe me, that is your choice. Once again, I thank you for your comments :)

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

14 months?You must of really done something for that.By the way,on one of the other games,I'm one of many targets of a group that think they control the game.Listed daily,pk'd daily.Attacked whenever I'm healed up and bountied when healed.It's all part of the game.I forget the exact date when all hell broke loose,but it's gotta be nearing a yr or more.Even when I had temporarily abandoned the game(for other reasons not cause of this)they still listed whenever I had regained enough health.It's all part of the game.14 months and it'll probably keep going.Knowingly or not you must have really done something or this player is really just obsessed.Either way,all part of the game.Not trying to be rude or insulting,but it really is legit game play.This player may not of had anyone help with you in the past,but if you "get protection" it won't be surprising if you find 3 or more on you.

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Angel i believe what your saying because players do take games way to far sometimes. But my question for you has this player ever sent you anything personal or is it just within the confines of the game itself they are doing this to you. Because if it is not in the confines of just the game then take it to facebook and explain to them. But your going to have to have documented proof with them no copy and paste of words its going to have to be screen shots in order for them to do anything about it. But even if it is in the confines of the game only you can still give it a shot with facebook or myspace i am not sure which one your on. And see if they can possibly help with your situation. I understand were a lot of players are coming from with idiots like this. But to put a limit on things when it was not put into place to begin with in a fighting game that had a limit of 5 k in attacks within a 24 hour period it does upset some players. Now if its just a bounty issue that is causing a lot of these problems also. Maybe they should look at to limiting how many times a player can be bountied by the same player in a 24 hour period. Which i know that is more possible to control then having players sit there and take a 1000 hits without hitting back so they can block someone. Which we know with all things meant for trying to help game issues players will always find a way to abuse it.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

To my knowledge we have never frozen an account for "overattacking" but we will on occasion temporarily freeze an account to get a players attention if contact is ignored combined with suspicious activity that requires further investigation. We do not publicly comment on suspected violations of TOS or results of findings.

One player on LCN FB had many players requesting a "blacklist like mw1" (which this feature is not) and now I see many of the players that were requesting essentially a block feature complaining about this protection feature but simply stating "this sucks" "this will ruin the game" but not coming here and reading up on the details. We have had several cases in the past that have been raised that this is targeting to address.

Look forward to further input :D

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That limit was to enable players to continue attacks and level partners, that in no way is a limit for un-retaliated / unwanted attacks.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Still,it's there."Overattacking","overlisting" doesn't "ruin" someone's game play.If 5k is purely for level partners(which you're implying)then why not just completely shut out attacks on someone after 1k?Why make it optional then?
    EDIT:Just noticed something you said there. "to continue attacks".You just said it right there.To continue attacks whether the target retaliates or not.

17. polishpimp

So if this guy cant beat you...then whats the issue...hes simply helping u level. Its all about a couple of bounties a day now? Thats completely normal play, if my base bounty werent just a smidge under 20t....i assure you i would be getting bountied dozens of times a day. There are tons of players that get bountied multiple times a day everyday and they have no problem moving forward. If your bank and income is in order....than this guy could not possibly afford to list that many times everyday as your bounty would never reset....so im thinking u have a slight tendency to exaggerate. If this player is trying to run u outta the game by himself by only doing what u say hes doing.....than that player is not very bright because he could be doing much much more

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So that's what it is now?Wow.Expensive viking.You're spot on again Pimp.

19. polishpimp

There has been a lot of discussion on excessive unretalliated attacks but not much about excessive bountying, how many bountys is to many? I would think this should be number known by the players ahead of time before they go getting themselves black listed.

Many listings happen because of smack talk in the feeds and other things outside the game....how does Kano plan on figuring those things into the equation, I know that Ive reported some pretty nasty things being said in the feeds before and had Kano respond in less than 24 hrs and say that they couldnt find anything....so obviously when someone deletes a post than it must be that u cant pull them up either.

How about this scenerio...Player X calls calls your mom a whore than deletes it over and over again? I dont know about you...but if someone is going to call my mother a whore...Im gonna list them each and everytime whether they delete it or not, with this update....I would then be "griefing" them and subject to being blocked from attacking or listing and would subsequently not be able to block anyone else if they were to grief me.

How about If player X lists all my guild mates but me and they are unable to list him back so I do for every guild mate they listed....once again Im a "griefer" because Im protecting my guild?

The point is there are many ways to goad someone into "griefing" them so they can block u which then make u susceptible to being griefed with no form of retaliation because u r now a "griefer" yourself. Thanks but no thanks.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp really is spot on there about there's so many ways where the "griefer" is REALLY the "victim" made out to look like the "griefer".You can't win here Kano.I'm betting MANY of those that will use this should it get implemented will be the real "griefers" goading the "victim" to look like the "griefer".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.