Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Third release of the Battle Arena is live. Please use this thread for discussions, feedback and questions.

New features and updates include:
    -Bug and stability fixes
    -Enter arena button
    -Health bonuses on attacks (bonuses degrade as arena progresses)
    -Defensive stance toggle (5minute penalty when disabling)
    -15% health penalty for inactive players after 6 hours

If you would like to catch-up on earlier battle arena discussions please see this thread (note some topics may be outdated) http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7741-Battle-Arena-Discussion-(Round-2)

ba_pc.jpg

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list.
    -Don't waste alot of stamina on multi-attacking one healthy target only to get the kill stolen, a flurry of attacks timed right can result in better kill opportunities.

Cool,showing how to gang attack and actually encouraging it.
    On a side note,health bonuses when attacking a target should be shown in the help

Health:
    Health is the one attribute that keeps you active in the battle arena, this health attribute is separate from the one used in regular gameplay. The more skill points you put into health the greater your starting health in the battle arena. If your health drops to 0 you are out of the arena. The only way to regenerate health is to kill another opponent. The regen amount is determined by your health perk modifier multiplied by a modified weighting of the total skill points your opponent has acquired, making higher level opponents more rewarding in a kill. It is possible to go above the max health you started with if you get enough health from kills.

Kill another opponent or keep attacking targets for health bonuses.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator

There's people that already know about working with friends to attack others, I don't see the point in leaving this strategy known to a only a small percentage of people. On this point about working with friends, we'd like to hear some feedback as we are discussing some possible changes to the arena. We would look to disable the search bar and you would only be allowed to attack players in your fight list or whoever attacked you. Thoughts?

4. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

i think you should disable the search bar . if this is to be free for all then let's make it that way .

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I totally disagree with eliminating the search bar. By doing this u will essentially be eliminating a huge amount of strategy thus giving the lower levels zero chance of success.

@ Beth, a "free-for-all" basically means a no rules, allowing participants players to do as they wish either alone or with others. Obviously in this case there has to be some type of rules or regulation thus the term 'Free-for-all" as applied to the arenas is more describing less rules and regulations as compared to the normal game

6. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eric culd ou tell me wat is the piont in a player making themselves stronger , only for the devs to then lower thier attack perk that makes them weaker, is that nt wasting players skill points want is the point in strengthening your pirate only to be made weaker by the devs

7. polishpimp

How about 2 separate battle lists that can be refreshed? One for active players and one for inactive player. The battle lists already seemingly dont refresh well enough as the same players keep showing up on the list while others never do until they are the only ones left. having 2 2 separate lists will increase the odds of everyone showing up at some point. Having an inactive list will also allow lower levels ab better shot at building much needed health vs inactive opponents that unfortunately have been making it too high in the rankings, While an "active" list will allow players to kill off potential threats. Just a thought.

8. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eric put 10 batle list up , polisgh thinks he can fight them all at the same time , n matter how many battle lists are up you can only fight one player at a time if you do it leagally asking for more fight list looks like you going to use illegal means

9. polishpimp

What is your malfunction? we have a disagreement in one thread and u want to bring it to another? Believe what u wish....but Im actually trying to help. U?

Where did u get the impression that I want to fight two players at once? I suggested 2 different arena fight lists so players could have a CHOICE. As u may or may not know there has been a lot of complaints about (A) To many inactive being high in the rankings (B) lower levels not having a legitimate shot. My idea was to have 2 lists so inactive players could be easier to find for both the reasons listed above (A) so the inactives can be found and eliminated so they wont rank high for doing nothing (2) the lower levels that r active can have easier access to inactive player potential gain much need health that will help them advance even further. So where exactly do u get that I want to hit 2 players at the same time outta that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  10. meandyou

meandyou Banned

If that is the best you can come up with with your vast knowledge of the game then it is easy to see that dding more fight list is only complicating thing one fight list is all you need as you can only fight one player at a time you call your idea help others see it as a hindrance plu wat you are on about is wat happened in the first arena the devs got clearing the dead of the list extremely well in the second arena as yu can see i am new to this game like you say Bounty Wins: 320,104 Bounty Kills: 15,959 but the way i going wont be long before i catch you experienced ones up but i dont think i can match your stats polish you obviously talk a great game but wonder if your stats are as good as you talk is, and i dont expect i can match your arena stat as you must be the kiddy in that as well Attacks 62,471
    Kills 112
    Wins 55,301
    Losses 7,694
    Biggest Attack 15,402,745 damage

POLISH the PIMPN PIRATE
    Level 3732 Raj Pirate
    Battle
    Battles Won: 74,113 Battles Lost: 17,228
    Battle Kills: 2,513 Death Count: 543
    Survival Streak: 80 Victory Streak: 0
    Counter Attacks: 1,587
    Cagematches Won: 1,047 Cagematches Lost: 2,298
    Cagematch Kills: 4
    Bounty
    Bounty Wins: 5,972 Bounty Losses: 9,824
    Bounty Kills: 847 Bounties Placed: 58
    Bounty Traps: 26 Max Bounty Collected: 26.624 trillion

Pistol Whips
    Pistol Whips Dealt: 1,545 Pistol Whips Received: 2,040
    Pistol Whip Kills: 573 Pistol Whip Deaths: 117
    Hardest Pistol Whip: 2,084

now you really making me laugh a low level player call a high level player inexperienced i got more experience at playing in the proper game while you play in the girly one

and wat makes you so hilarious you have the audacity to call someone inexperienced when they are 7000 levels your senior

well polish as you seem to think less is more experience any tips on how to get more bounties as you have 15000 less than me that makes you more experienced at bounty hunting

Your Rank is 1!
    Rewards include:
    Collected! not bad for inexperienced player

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like the idea Polish . :)

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

NO!! Don't disable the search feature!!!!That is a key point to strategy.And even though Pimp is a rival,he is spot on by saying its the only chance lower levels will have.If you disable that,then you've really catered the game to us higher levels and the whining low levels would for once be right.

13. polishpimp

LOL....well its just a thought. So lets here your great idea. Something other than everyone cheats and that I want 2 lists so I can cheat as well. How about an actual idea instead of blah blah blah

14. polishpimp

Thanks Linda.

15. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hey Eric. I have a question from a couple players. But the main question for the majority of them is they are all high level players. And the only benefit for them right now in the arena is the experience and possibly making it to the reward tier. A majority of the high level players the battle drops in the arena are not helping them much. They wanted to know if it possible to have higher defensive and attack drops only in the arena itself. To give it more appeal to also fight instead of hiding out till the end.

16. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

Get Bonus XP when you join! how much bonus do you get ????

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Like 5% or 10% of what ya need to level.Something like that.

18. polishpimp

Depending on the game its either 3 or 5% of your XP needed to level, cant remember which is which or why its diff from one game to the next

19. Eric

Eric Administrator

There are no immediate plans to have higher def/att battle drops in the arena, the appeal of the arena for higher level players is the additional fight list, xp from battling and the final rewards.

20. Eric

Eric Administrator

You can get up to 3% of your xp needed to levelup.