[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

... OK .. I'll give you that one ... but not as good as it could be if you just did as I asked ;)

Can I just ask how big an issue this "bullying" actually is? IF its just isolated cases then do we really need such a major change to game play?

OFF the top of my head ... how about a few level headed player that can act as mediators/protectors ... give them some sort of power to sort out bullying twats who wont listen to reason?

2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Ok so lets say everyone decides to blacklist me...What kinda game have I got left?

There is an ambush button to defend yourself...Damn I've been hammered in this game, made me a better player!

3. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

lol do you attack everyone 1000+ times without retaillation ? so how could they blacklist you
    i dont think this feature will ever likely come into play,i mean you would have to attack the same person over 1000 times without them retaillaiting who does that anyway lol and if you did do that to someone repeatedly and they asked you to stop and you didnt well then you can have that option ,but this rarely happens as far as i know

4. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

We got wars going on...This is Mobwars Lcn, if I choose to attack someone over 1000 times then why shouldn't I?

Why should I be limited?

5. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

I've read every post in this thread ... and I didnt read it that you had to be attacked 1000 before you could implement the surrender thingy Mark ... I think you'll find you can use it at any time if u dont retaliate

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So im guessing u must be brand spanking new to these games? Because everything u said in your posts is about as inaccurate as it can possibly be. So what experience do u have that brings u to these conclusions of yours, mind telling us your game, level and time played? Both healing and attacking someone 1k times a day is common practice and with sound reasoning. In fact...1k times is nothing.....with my first VC account I once did over 10k attacks nonstop just to get my achievement. I know many others that have done the same and much more.

There is no doubt that there are those who use bots/script, but just because someone heals for... or attacks someone thousands of time and u dont/cant or dont see a reason to does not mean they are cheating, the vast majority are not....they are simply leveling or helping someone level.

I also find your comment about lord breakfield pretty damn amusing, although he and I are be rivals.....hes one one the most knowledgeable players out there. Ide give ya his credentials but I'll leave that up to him.

We are all entitled to our opinions and even the most experienced players can be taught a thing or to, but its obvious that u are the one that doesnt have a clue.

7. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

im not shure on the specifics but from what Eric has posted in the info on it you have to attack someone relentlessly without retaliation
    in most wars you would get listed back or punched etc or some sought of retaillation
    you would have to just sit on someone without them doing anything back
    lets see how it rolls obviously its only been released as a descussion

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

No answer to this Kendall?

9. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

Hi Susan,
    I will try to answer this one for you, if I may. Over a year ago, I got chained for a few days. Up to 137 fights in one sit. This was about a level 400 at the time (can't really remember :)) No idea how this person did it at that level, but by the by. I was the same level. As time went on, this player never seemed to level much but continued with the chaining. I continued to level. I ignored him after a time as it got tiresome. He then got it into his head, I presume, as I had levelled out of his range to bookmark me. That is the only way he could get at me. He then proceeded to hitlist, every single day. Then it got to two per day, then 3 per day. Over a year later and being hitlisted every single day, without fail, I have levelled to over 1100 and his is only just over 500. He lists the minute I go offline, so I am dead most of the time. Have no one to fight as no on can fight me and I have to rely on the fight list. Not good. Lately he has took to hitlisting constantly when I am online and trying to play the game. I am spending most of my time rigging and fighting him. Again not good, as 1 fight from me and he is dead. Boring. This has been going on daily for approx 14 months. This is not normal behaviour and not normal gameplay. This is what I find to be a bully and someone I should be able to put a stop to. My Synd have tried all ways to get rid of him, but he will not fight back ANY of them, only me, and not fight me as he will lose, so he just hitlists. People are starting to notice and comment about what is he up to, why and we got your back. Nothing works. He is like an obssessed maniac. Not a game player. I love a good fight, enjoy meeting people in the game and all that goes with it, but this person is determined he is going to spoil at all costs. I hope that explains to you what I consider to be a bully and why I whole heartedly agree with whatever Kano can come up with to get rid of people like the person I am talking about. I want to log into the game and see I have been attacked by people in my range, so I can fight back and have some fun, not log in to see I have been dead since I logged out and have no one to play with. In a game I have enjoyed for almost 3 years, I should not have to put up with some sad individual whose sole aim in life seems to be to spoil the very thing I enjoy most about Facebook.

10. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

You shouldn't. But you are a player who fights, wins and moves on. The way the game should be played :) :)

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thanks Pimp.We might be rivals but we both give credit to each other when it's deserved.And yes,plenty of reasons how 1k attacks is nothing.Many many reasons as we both know.Well,if this makes it to the other games,I'm sure we both know how to get around this.

12. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

I'm truly sorry you've had to go through that :(

I'm not saying you don't come across some right twats in this game ... we all have. But the Dev's should be sorting the real nutters out not adding stupid features to the game that are unlikely to help ... if your the type to bully/stalk you'll get round this cos your not interested in TOC (or whatever it is)

Send me his link in game ... I'll help if I can, even if I just keep him busy for a while :p

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Well we can't be perfect :D

"Griefing" is big enough of an issue for us to spend the time to get it figured out so that a happy medium can be found by the majority, hundreds to thousands of unretaliated attacks is not really a happy medium. I mentioned earlier about the issues that are raised in support, our #1 support ticket is a player camping on them and becoming "their game" where truces, ambushes, rigs, even spending $$$ just isn't enough.

We have not seen many cases where a team of players will go after an individual but we have seen multiple cases where 1 single player will target another excessively, in those cases I don't think mediators/protectors would work in that case. I understand what you are saying but not sure how that would work functionally.

What we don't want this feature to do is impact pvp play as it stands today or competition at the higher levels and with the proper thresholds site this shouldn't be an issue.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

1000 is a number that we are throwing out there right now to get an idea of how people will respond and feedback on what a proper limit would be.

The "Protection" option would not be available to just anyone, the person would have to meet the requirements we listed before where X would be the number of un-retaliated attacks. It is basically the scenarios were ambushes and rigs don't seem to do the trick, it is going after those single griefers, not players that engage and fight back.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Maybe I missed it,but can a higher level block a lower level?

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Pretty sure I did reply to someones post, I sad "that is an interesting point, we could look to remove protection if you attack the player on the hitlist"

17. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

I would not inflict him on anyone, Susan. :) . I will pm my link to fb, would be great to have you as a new friend :) When you and if you join me in LCN, take a look at my feed. You will see the vindictiveness of this individual. It's very odd. I must have a face he just does not like :D

18. meandyou

meandyou Banned

as i was number one in lnc for a long time i stopped playing for the very fact of players using auto heal to level and if you play pirate clan then you are anther player that cant beat me playing 1000 plus dasys and i have vast experence plaing againts pole using auto heal i asume you and lordy play he pussy version my space

19. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Thank you for all your replies :)

If I've read this correctly .. you would need to excessively attack a single player without them retaliating ... for now 1000's attacks in 24hr period (ambushes counted as defence not retaliation & hitlist attacks not included) before this can be used against you. I'll presume there will be an equally high limit set on Hit Listing. And this protection thing has to be activated by the victim not automatically tripped.

So .. these changes will have no real effect on reasonable peoples game play, as it can't be used spitefully .. yes??

You could call it "Police Custody" or "Witness Protection" to make it more mobsterish though :p

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That sums it up very well. "Protection" is the term that I would be leaning towards.

Right now this is just out there for discussion for players, to let them air their concerns and for us to take into account to make sure we address them. This week we will take a look at all the feedback and do a round 2 of the discussion with some hard #'s for feedback.

Just want to re-iterate that we are in no way trying to take the "war" out of the game, which is why we never felt it appropriate to introduce a "block" feature where a player could choose who to block without any game play basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.