Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Slouch they have already said that when they do fix the issues to the arena and get the feedback on them arena's will be on a rotation of zones to accomodate all players.

2. big john klad

big john klad Member

well all i can say is if polish an jj are going to pick the top winner's then you mite as well ,just ask them for a list an let them have it lol no real sence in anyone gotting in if the are going to not hit there friends ,because they know who they are ,that just means no one else has a chance to win ,

3. Oh, lol you could have tried anyway. Just kidding!!!

4. Couldn't disagree more, Para. Big surprise I'm sure. But for legit reasons. If we wanted a repeat of the same VC we're playing outside of the arena, then what is the point? Not every element of the main game needs to be incorporated into the arena....ie axe slaps.

As for not allowing another player to attack someone already under attack, again, I disagree. And I had many kills taken from me at the last hit, especially in the beginning. That's part of the excitement/frustration of the arena that actually can give you a rush. You just have to outsmart your rivals on the next one.

Kano, rather than just a leader board for the dead, it would be fun if you would flash their name across the top of the screen when they die, just as they do in the Hunger Games, lol. I would much prefer that, personally, than going to constantly check a leader board of dead people.

5. This is an awesome idea :D :D

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I guess I could take this as a compliment....but something tells me its not quite intended that way....lol

I guess if u think there is no chance to win then u have already been defeated....thats ok with me. In all reality we knew who a few were....so we didnt attack, would u? We also killed quite a few friends that we didnt know who they were.

7. I totally agree with this. I'm not taking sides I just think that anybody with a can't do attitude isn't likely to succeed in the Battle Arena, even if the odds are slim you should still give it your best shot. Hey I finished 13 places from last in the PC Battle arena, it annoyed me that I didn't do so well, but I went in hitting anything and everything which lead to my death within the first hour. I pick myself up, learn and get back on that horse/bike or whichever object takes your fancy :)

8. big john klad

big john klad Member

lol you could be right lol just saying lol seems kind of like the best thing an no ,knew who a few of my friends were an still hit them lol was just saying get a list of who you to are going to let in the top 20 an just give them to guys an let the rest of battle it out lol

9. Gearoid O'Hagan

Gearoid O'Hagan New Member

Some general thoughts on the recent Battle Arena introduced in Viking Clan.
    This, of course, was the first time I was in the Arena and as I finished fourth I have gained a good feel for many of the different aspects of the Arena. To start with here are my fight stats:
    Attacks 81,289
    Kills 132
    Wins 77,875
    Losses 12,849.
    As I have stamina of 3002, I had to reload about 27 times. This means I used up 270 god points to play the game. This compares to my reward of 10 god points: Not a very good return. And those that finished in the top three positions had even higher number of attacks. Bottom line: by this metric alone, it is not worth playing in the arena.
    Ah, but wait, what about the experience from the battles? That, in my experience, is terrible. The experience I received from battles was, generally, lower than the experience I get from boss fights. How bad is that?
    The battle drops, I did notice, were generally better than in the normal game.
    The biggest complaint I have is the sniping that people did to get the kill shot and the health bonus. I understand that is part of the game, but when you spend sometimes hundreds of stamina to beat someone down only to have someone sneak in at the end and get the bonus…well, that is simply wrong. And to those that say that is simply part of the game, I say well you can keep it. I refuse to use up all my stamina simply to have someone else claim the bonus. This is the single biggest reason I will not be taking part in any future Battle arenas.
    So, some quick points:
    1. The way people can snipe kills ala ebay is not acceptable. Stamina, especially in the amount needed to succeed in the arena costs money. I refuse to donate it to anyone else.
    2. The prizes, despite being advertised as huge, are really disappointing when compared to the cost required to win them.
    3. The experience received from battles is truly atrocious.
    So, there you have it. I think the general concept of a battle arena is a very good idea and the way the playing field has, more or less, been leveled, so the very high level Vikings, such as me, cannot completely run roughshod over the field was pretty well done. Believe me, I really had to work for that number 4 finish. However, that is about the only good thing I have to say about it. The rewards, battle experience, and game play particularly with the kill shot needs some serious rethinking. I simply see no reason for me to waste my time and stamina in the arena when I can get much better returns in the general game.
    As I stated before, I decline to participate in any more Battle Arenas, as they are currently designed.

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lolol im thinking it was sarcasm...either that or he has an understanding of para that defies the laws of nature ;p

11. Demonik1

I'm thinking you've TOTALLY missed the entire point of the battle arena....its not about gaining experience, thats what bosses and regular in-game attacking is for among other things...it is simply another aspect of the current game to enjoy. i'm assuming you played on fb cause i finished 4th on myspace and did WAYYYY less than you did lol but with 132 kills youre complaining about the, what? maybe 20 you had "sniped" from you?? i'm also assuming since thousands more play on fb that your position of 4th place is a more impressive showing than mine...you complain about the amount of stamina you spent when you couldve done next to nothing and probably done just as well if all you were looking forward to was a good reward. the rewards were posted BEFORE the arena started so once you saw yourself using more fps than you could possibly win, why on earth did you keep using them? i'm quite positive noone forced you to. drops? stamina used? kills sniped? c'mon man, really? just take it for what it is, another way to have fun and kill on VC. i only had the pleasure of playing the first 2 hours of it but i must say, it was the most fun i had on VC in a long time. whether i finished 4th or 400th i really couldve cared less and still wouldnt. i cant wait for the next one...once again, THANK YOU kano for keeping the dust from settling on my axe :]

12. Demonik1

those 2 are just lucky i could only play the first 2 hours john ;p

13. Demonik1

also, and excuse me if this idea was already posted cause i havent read every post in this thread, but the alias' are truly pointless to an extent. for the most part, if youve been playing VC for a long time on any platform then everyone knows everyone and as soon as you see the amount of health someone has it's a dead give away mostly. i propose keeping the health numbers anonymous and showing only a health meter so people will HAVE to attack someone at least a few times before they just look at a huge number and dismiss them as unbeatable...this will also put them on that persons feed and give everyone more attack options other than the battle list making the alias' serve a purpose. every person i saw with a huge amount of health i already knew could only be a handful of people and if you know the people then their names were a dead giveaway...although i did think polish was fielding till i was informed otherwise haha

14. i didnt mention your name jill but polish name last night on pirate clan LOL
    so more like it -fixated as you and your folowers are on me hahahahaha too funny jill .. im glad you enjoy this drama :)

15. Demonik1

uhhhhh i'm no einstein butttt apparently you DID mention her name....denial much?

16. i see... its hard for borg to follow the thread lmao i didnt mention jills name before she did :p
    so what is this? do we talk about thread or about forum users ? looks like jill do not like to see me in kano forum at all LOL

17. hi lord
    i dont think she reads my comments .. i think thats were is the problem hahahaha

18. Gearoid O'Hagan

Gearoid O'Hagan New Member

Oh, I didn't miss the point of the battle arena at all...And with 132 kills my guess is I had 2 sniped for every one I won (and that's conservative) and in any event it still doesn't negate my point of all the stamina spent to get the bonus only to have it taken away. If everyone did what you suggest and sit back and snipe noone would ever die. While I agree with you you should have fun, the whole point of VC is to level up, achieve goals, and get stronger. My points are still valid. I think you missed the thrust of my post that the cost of achieving the goals of the battle arena are so high that it is not worth it. But that's ok...to each his own.

19. Eric

Eric Administrator

The xp reward per battle will be adjusted for the next VC arena, there will be good opportunity to level up during the arena so I wouldn't put too much focus on the final reward.

Stolen kills, just like any multiplayer game it's possible to have your target killed by someone else. It is unlikely we'll be putting in time limits or other restrictions to aid in getting a kill. With the updated xp rewards per battle, if your win margins are good (damage dealt) you should be maxing your xp. If your win margin is low, or the target has high health, try saving them to your save list and attack later when their health may be lower.

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your OP, the rewards are not even in the ball park of where they should be especially when one considers the expense. There is talk of upping the rewards so hopefully this will happen, its really the only way players will participate actively which may very well help ease the "sniping" thing. With that said though...the sniping thing should remain as it is, quite simply its a legitimate strategy especially for the lower levels who really have no shot if they go toe to toe with a higher level with a ton of health. If a lower level can "snipe" enough health and avoid running into a powerhouse long enough....it is conceivable that they could actually take out a higher level player due to the random factor and the higher health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.