[PC] TGIF... this week in dev! 04/06/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jothong

jothong Member

"We made some adjustments to “cap” stamina refills that impacted less than 10 players, if you were one of the players impacted please contact support. If you aren’t 1 of the 10 we don’t want to hear from you ..."

What is the CAP? I don't want to get anywhere NEAR that number.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Jothong not sure what the final cap amount is. But we can try to see if we can find out how close if the developers are willing to give that info to us mods. I can at least say it probably is not to the final acheivement since they just added more and stamina was one of them.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Personally.....I dont cage match, not sure how many I have, maybe messed with a few times when I first started. Personally I think cage matching is a lame idea in social networking game....seems to defeat the whole idea'

"the game should not be substituting as your "defaut defense"??? This update is doing exactly what u r saying u dont want. The Minimum XP is substituting for my actual defense.

4. polishpimp

If cage matching is what this is all about....then lets get rid of cage matches because its gonna screw my game royaly and I dont even cage match.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Getting rid of cages now would cause problems.They are achievements and even need a few of those achievements to unlock 1 of the bosses.Don't think cages are going anywhere.Besides,since they're achievements,how can a new player ever get all the achievements?And if those achievements get taken away,what about the skill points that come with them?
    Now,if the system of how cage works gets tweaked a little but not too drastically,then perhaps.

6. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

That was a general statement with cagematching. How is this update doing what I say I don't want? Please explain. From what I understand it is upping the amount of experience you would get from attacking someone with a low payout value. And as far as I can tell from your arguments you are not putting stat points into your defense. Why would that be? Because you are not being attacked all that much since you give so little experience to your attacker when attacked? That is what I mean when I say the game should not be substituting as your "default defense."

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Wow this thread sure went sideways. For those that are concerned about this change you likely have nothing to be concerned about. It is funny (well not that funny) that we are talking about how introducing a min XP reward in PC is going to ruin the game where there currently already is one and has been for a while.

What we are looking to tackle are those players that invest 1 skill point into defense and are facing in range opponents that are greater 4x their strength as an example, instead of award say few xp they may get something a little bit more useful. As with any changes like this we will listen to feedback after release and release it gradually, we are not going to be making any HUGE changes where all of a sudden a player that awarded say 5% of max XP for battles now awards +50% kind of thing.

Have a good weekend everyone!

8. polishpimp

I already told u in my previous post. You said dont let the game be substitute for my defense. Im saying that by the game imposing a mandatory minimum.....it is the game itself that is substituting itself for my defense, which basically destroys amajor component of my build rendering it useless for a thousand levels or so if I choose to try and remedy it.

Giving little XP is by design and is a legitimate strategy used from day one of these games, nothing is substituting for my defense...it is what i made it as is every other attribute i have and just like u can do what ever u want with yours.. Giving free XP in the form of a minimum is a free handout and an unfair advantage for those who receive it and a disadvantage for those that are giving it up. The simple fact that diff build dont match up well and someone gets lousy XP is not a good reason to get free XP. Thats like someone with low Attack getting awarded free wins while actually losing to someone with a high defense.

9. polishpimp

@ Kendall, I have few questions I wiill pose in an email to support 2morrow or monday, Ide appreciate if ya have the time that ya get back to me . Ty

10. 1000

1000 Member

and lost -662 XP.
    Get stronger by Recruiting or Hiring Captains.
    1 minute ago delete

Battle Lost
    You be attacked by XXXXX with a Battle Boost of 5%. You lost the Battle losing 500,000 coins. You dealt 372 damage and took 2104 damage.
    Get stronger by Recruiting or Hiring Captains..... is it a reason for the high level attack a low level??? it will work well.... rain pistol whip from the high level and attacks.... boost me some skill points and I'll boost my defence like you want.... I'll do your strategy trust me... we can help each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand your post. If you attack or PW a higher level be prepared to be attacked back. Are you saying you want free skill points to boost your defense?

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok first off you cannot put a players name in the forum like that if you want to make a point you need to delete level and name info . Yes someone bountied you so that player went after the bounty, depending on your level in order for him to attack after he killed you , you would have had to PW or attack, if he is out of your xp range, so do not retaliate against someone alot higher and in 24 hours you will fall off his feed from the last interaction.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Has the defense change gone through yet?Just curious.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Not just yet.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Looks like I'm still gettin low XP off a certain level 3000+ for a bit longer.Hopefully not much longer and hopefully the increase shows a decent difference.It might not be 1 anymore,but that's still pretty low.