[PC] TGIF... this week in dev! 04/06/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Off to a better start on this TGIF I actually remembered it was Friday and got started before I got started on beer Friday!

Well it is the 2nd week of June but you wouldn’t know it by the weather here in Victoria, it feels like October! Hope it is summer somewhere because it isn’t here, yet! Ok, enough of the small talk let’s jump right into what’s new in dev this week.

XP Gained in Battles (change for next week)

Currently when fighting a weaker in range opponent and you are far stronger you will get very little XP, this was done to prevent overchaining of players but this also slows down progression of stronger players. We plan to change this mechanic to award a base minimum XP when fighting weaker in range opponents, fighting stronger opponents will still award more BUT fighting weaker opponents in range should still allow you to progress.

Stamina Refills

As we continue push out more stamina rewards and boosts, it has put more strain on the balance of the game. Pirate Clan was released just under 3 years ago, when it was built we in no way planned for all the additions, new locations, extra bonuses / boosts that have since been added to the game, as we continue to make new changes to PC we sometimes have to revisit old mechanics and adjust for the balance of the game. This recent adjustment to refills is no different.

We made some adjustments to “cap” stamina refills that impacted less than 10 players, if you were one of the players impacted please contact support. If you aren’t 1 of the 10 we don’t want to hear from you :)...

Player Bans:

• 17 permanent bans

If you haven’t already liked our Facebook page and/or followed us on Twitter, do it or else you may miss out on the latest updates, news and bonuses!

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pirateclanfans
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/pirateclan

Also, if you want to learn more about Kano/Apps and what makes us different than other game developers like our Facebook fan page and/or follow us on Twitter. Different means better right?

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/kanoapps
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/kanoapps

As always, feedback is appreciated and listened to. Have suggestions on where you think we can improve we want to hear it! Have great things to say about us we want to hear it! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Kendall out!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/pc_forum

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Thank you Kendall for the revisiting of the experience payouts on individuals who do not add players and us that do and build stronger not getting the better payout. Glad its going to be improved even if its just by some amount.

3. Very much Agreed :)

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Does this include players with low health as well?A player can have a solid defense,but if the health is low,the XP is also low for the attacker.Will the change next week also fix that?If it does,then great update.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes we will be looking into that as well.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Great update then :)

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Minimum XP on in-range opponents is The most outrageously BS thing that Kano will have done. Ive got a ton to say on this subject as well as The whole stamina thing. Im gonna wait until I hear back from support though, but I would be prepared for some of longest posts ever if I were u....lol

8. polishpimp

I would love to hear a good reason for doing this, who Fn cares if someone gives u lousy XP. its a perfectly legit strategy , if ya dont like it move on to someone else or adapt your strategy. I Fn swear by the time Kano get s done messing with crap everyone is gonna have the same build and they will be playing the game for us. Talk bout boring, out with strategy....in with the cookie cutter.

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

In PC there has actually been a min XP reward for quite a some time now, to handle the cases where retaliating against a cagematch player with low number of captains would payout out a really low XP.

I suspect that your build will not even be effected, this is one of those things that we are just trying to be as transparent as possible where very few people will actually see the difference.

Are you concerned with players in-range retaliating? If you have very high attack compared to in-range opponents you could benefit from the change as well.

We are looking at the extreme cases where a player may have put 1 point into defense at level 3000 and gives very very low xp compared to in range rivals.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp,your next to no defense will no longer deter players from attacking you.This was LONG overdue with that.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

But why worry about it?You've got a ton of hoarded skill points,don't you?

12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Pimp if you want to come over to facebook version and pimpslap me for suggesting this i will let you. But only once. Sorry i and many other players are always ticked off at players who can receive the bigger experience payouts for them. But since they did not do any real work into there character when we attack back we get yielded low experience. That's not right at all. And it's not about leveling fast. I can care less about leveling fast i level at a pace but when a player who has half the stuff i have can get 250 exp or more on me and i can only get 90 to 100 on them just not a fair system.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The character could be built nicely with drops/FP items.It's characters with next to no base defense AND/OR low health,that's the problem.I agree this change was very much needed.

14. polishpimp

LOL.....I think my pirate is a pretty good example of "extreme". What little D it does have was very very recent. Im obviously not going to complain if I do benefit, but I would MUCH rather not benefit in how ever u think I might in order to not lose the benefits of the way I built my pirate from day 1. Much like when u speak of "environment" when speaking of the difficulties of integrating diff platforms such as Hi5, MS and FB....my entire "Environment" from day one is based on this build. Altering the delicate balance of my build will affect everything in my game ...especially exchanges between rivals. Even skill point reallocation could not compensate for this as I would have to take away from elsewhere further disturbing the balance. Basically my build would be so drastically changed that it would be unplayable in the "environment" i created with it in the first place.

If the minimum has already been in place for some time, why does the announcement say its a change thats happening next week? Is this "change" in addition to the existing minimum? Glass cannons have been a legitimate strategy from day 1, why r u trying to force balanced builds? considering u r limiting every thing....empire, bosses, battles, bounties etc etc.......why not just cap the number of skill points anyone can put in to any one particular attribute depending on their level? That way we can all be exactly alike....the only difference being how much one spends on the game. If somebody is getting lousy XP off someone let them go find someone else to hit. Please stop trying to play all of our games for us simply because some dont have the capacity to do it for themselves.

If some dumb ass wants to put one skill point into stamina...LET THEM! IF i want next to nothing for Defense then let me! Ya sure as heck didnt have an issue with it or feel the need to penalize it for the last year I was playing that way, and ya sure as hell had no problem taking my money as I built it that way.

15. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

low exp points doesn't deter me from attackin'...counters do...just sayin'...i think most are that way.

16. blackheartpimp

blackheartpimp New Member

We are looking at the extreme cases where a player may have put 1 point into defense at level 3000 and gives very very low xp compared to in range rivals.

Dont get it. Extreme cases? Basically meaning, what, that if you have been extreme in adding attack than thats cool, but not cool if you havent added a certain attribute (in this case defense?).

Transparent? Hows this for transparent: It costs $800 US to fully clan up with mercenaries. Or 5000 levels, and you cant add anything else. Some of us arent going to pony up that amount of loot for this game, or get endlessly spammed by phone and email from dawn to dusk... I mean doing the offers. I am sure the "free" players dont mind a few, several or many disadvantages, but taking away a perfectly legit strategy from them is cause for concern.

From a business perspective, sure, rewarding the paying few on a free game makes some sense. But have you no vision? I spend 2 years cultivating a player, and the one advantage I had is rendered null and void..... for.... what, exactly? So the chainers who have paid the 800 now get more incentive to chain me?

Not seeing the value.

17. ben

ben Active Member

great

i think its a great turn a bout play in the game ...people with 1 defence and think they can base there game all on attack and bully there way up the ladder...i say myself its a change that needed to be look at a long time ago...i for 1c will be glad to see the change...

18. polishpimp

WTH r u talking about? Because u didnt build an account that offers u optimal XP against a certain type of build then its unfair? Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard! Every type of build has its pros n cons depending on what type of build they r up against. Half the stuff....what does that mean? I have a glass cannon and I have more than most. The fact that someone can get u and get 250 XP while u get 90-100 IS GENIUS! do u here what u r saying...its pure sour grapes.....They simply out smarted you! Its perfectly fair and within the rules. That Fn attitude is the same as every other Fn whiner out there who wants something for nothing simply because they got out Fn played.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Games change.Rules change.I'm not surprised you're against this.But it's a game,not real life.Rules are allowed to change like this out of the blue.Should have thought about that before you became an extreme version of the towel/glass cannon.I'm sure you could easily adapt.No build can ever be fully screwed regardless of whatever changes come.Keep your low defense.You're not losing anything.Attackers will just get better XP.