Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

countdown!

So, I am excitedly getting reports from one of my armada officers still in the arena! twenty pirates left. We Would LOVE to see a survivor list or leader list after we are out. I know it was supposed to last for days, but it is pretty neat that it is flying.

2. Capt Steven

Capt Steven New Member

Enjoyed it quite a bit! Great leveling and drops. Kind of a bummer that I will be ranked lower then some who were not even playing and just had not been discovered yet. Also kind of a bummer that once a large pirate locks in on you there is nothing I could do. I planned my stamina well in advance and had plenty to go for the long haul, but couldn't do a thing when I got locked onto. Some tweaking is definitely needed. Thanks for the fun!

3. anchorage Douglas

anchorage Douglas New Member

The game was fast and the drops were great, but as I suspected while I was at work the timer was for 55 minutes in defense mode then a forced 55 minutes in live mode which ended up being my demise as I could not play while at work for 55 minutes straight if I wanted to keep my job. I got to attack a total of 1250 times or there abouts but then had to go...... when I got back on after work I was as good as dead. So I will not be playing again unless the timing is corrected but I dont have a clue of how that could happen. For me though the feed worked well and I had no issues with attacking, the only issue I can say I had (and did not like) was that I would be attacking someone down 50-75 or more times then another player swooped in & got the kill even though I was clicking fast.

4. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

what is going on 2 mins ago there were 19 ppl left now it says there are 25.... that is just stupid. i have been doing a count down from 30 check this out. this guy hides under the radar and places 31st they really need to fix this also GRENDAL THE DES: Your Rank is 31! Rewards include: 4 4534879804700 49125 lol i didnt even hit any one lol

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  5. meandyou

meandyou Banned

Time Remaining:

2:15:03:27

Players Remaining:

9 how come it gone up from8 to nine

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

dont really like the idea of a feed in the arena, as nice as it would be to see whats going on I think it would make it to easy to focus on particular players that r already under heavy attack, if u r the one attacking that player a "feed" would make it easier for someone to steal the kill after all your hard work.

Lol.....I will take all the stamina and free refills u wanna give me .....but realistically whats the point? Things already seem to be moving along at a good clip and if everybody got free refills it would just be a wash. Kano does have to make a lil moolah.....stamina refills are gonna be where they get it.

I believe Kano already suggested they might try starting the arena at diff times to to compensate for time zone diffs, that really sounds like the only fair way to insure everyone at least has the opportunity to be on at the time it starts or close to it. The only real bummer is some players didnt get the opportunity to even see it in action, at least they really didnt lose anything such as an entry fee or XP

For those already saying things need to be more balanced...COME ON! your numbers are what they are, change YOUR numbers dont try and have someone elses better numbers brought down to yours. I got my ass handed to me today by the #1 player in MS PC who happens to be about 7 k levels ahead of me, ya dont hear me crying...he may be a rival but he still earned his level and corresponding numbers. The only real issue i see with the numbers (so far...its still early..lol) is that stamina is at a premium and it simply isnt being compensated for enough in XP to warrant the use of all the stam for no real chance of winning and sub par rewards. My view here might change if lower levels begin winning consistently due to excessive "balancing" rather than just plain old better strategy. Its still early and in my excitement I dint really go nuts analyzing all the numbers (i just wanted to get in there and kill....lol. believe me....i got plenty), but I hit players I know were much higher and lower and am familiar with their numbers and didnt see anything glaringly out of whack.

Overall it was a good experience for me except when I got screwed on my ranking and lost out on my overpriced rewards. My gut feeling tells me it will lose its popularity pretty fast(more so in some games) for a number of reasons. (no particular order)

start time, amount of stamina spent, higher win most often, lower players win more often, people feeling bullied/targeted, level disparity between players in some of the games, the extreme high potential for abuse by alts and bots (i was very surprised to see no math equations), etc etc..
    I offered a suggestion earlier that would offer more players a chance to win. First of all put in an equalizer (stamina perk)for high stam, secondly allow all players only a certain number of entries into the arena over a period of time, this way u actually might have a chance to play when the highest levels arent...greatly increasing your chances while not robbing the higher levels of their earned numbers. Not knowing who might enter when u do might also add to the anticipation of it all

Overall Kano great job....much better than I had anticipated, will be looking forward to the "tweaks" along the way. U can start by giving me the diff in reward i should have gotten for my top 100 ranking, it was off by over six rankings

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

There was a syncing issue. The count of remaining players we were showing in the lobby was out of sync to what remaining players were actually still active in the arena. This has now been fixed (count went from 7 to 9)

8. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

It was a blast! Got my butt kicked, but I got some drops as well. Battle was well on the way when I got home from work and was about dead when I logged in. Ran into some people who had twice my health and that person was the 1 to kill me. I'm thinking some did as many as 200 attacks. I was trying to read the broadcast at the bottom left and end up dead. Will do it again, but will change up my strategy so I can last a bit longer.

9. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

i also saw it jump from 20 up to 23 and back down to 20.
    i also wonder how it's possible for some one to lurk on the list and no when to hit the opponent you just dumped 200 stamina into right at that list hit to reap all the health. this should be changed to stop that behavior. if it's a game of skill, lurking and not really participating isn't skill. we could all use that tactic and never get anywhere.

10. polishpimp

LOL....dont feel bad....I got whooped by over 3k consecutive hits by one player until I died, I tried like heck to kill as many as I could (36) to regain the health but wasnt even close. I recommend trying to fly under the radar...lol

11. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

thought you might like to see this POLISH ...:::::this guy hides under the radar and places 31st they really need to fix this also GRENDAL THE DES: Your Rank is 31! Rewards include: 4 4534879804700 49125 lol i didnt even hit any one lol

12. polishpimp

I disagree....lurking sounds like a great strategy (very much like bounty hunting), save stamina while your rival depletes his stam and health, sounds a lot more skillful than just simply clicking away head to head exclusively . I think a combination of both might very well be the way to go

13. polishpimp

Odd.....I didnt even see that name and I was refreshing like crazy the whole time checking out each new name i saw......he was def under the radar because i would have killed him as soon as i saw him. He a low level too....almost makes u wonder if upon refreshing the lower levels come up less often, KANO?????...lol

lol....u hit me Beth.....I stopped attacking you after jj told me who u were ( figured it out by u talking in the feed), recognize the name uglyduckling? you were convinced i was someone else....jj tried talking u out of it without giving me away, Dont think it worked tho.....shortly after ...#1 thru down 3k+ hits on me....lol

14. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

ya silly me....expect a BATTLE arena to actually use battling. The game has so many dead times were we cant or dont fight cos of counters. (granted I <3 them) but here you cant do anything but battle. imo, it should stay that way. pure battle.

just my thoughts...i sorta like the idea.

15. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

Players Remaining:

:D still in it...we'll see how much longer but im shocked i was still alive. i think the start time gave us an advantage. i really like it though. lots of fun minus the luker....grrr lol

16. polishpimp

Couldn't agree more....but ilike u say....its a "battle" not a slug fest.....big diff there..... especially if your the lil guy.....usually gonna take a lil strategy if ya want any real shot at a positive outcome. Do u really think a 100 weakling should go toe to toe with a 300 pounder?

nothing personal and certainly no offense intended....but it simply doesnt make sense to me to not use every legal option u have in hopes of insuring victory....otherwise what would be the point?

17. Roland Sea

Roland Sea New Member

Just took a look at the Facebook results... You were better off you didnt attack anyone at all. a good 30% of the top 20 didnt fight a single battle. If you didnt battle I would hope there are no rewards. and so many couldnt even get a battle in because they were working or sleeping when the Arena began. This thing needs allot more tweaking... in typical KANO fashion it is better to not use a newly introduced feature because it is ill thought out and usually does more harm than help your game play.

18. meandyou

meandyou Banned

lol that ok ericf it was hard work , but great fun , finding a live one was hard , at one time every one on my list was dead , just wondering if it is posible the dead one go of fight list as they go out apart from lag at start had great time was fun brain disappointed going out finger very happy nice new additoin

19. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

I read a suggestion earlier about a limit on number of attacks until there is a response. youre right, if it's a battle, it means there are two. it would be more fun if they could fight back. it would add more to strategy play.
    i dont find the move illegal i find it unethical but hey...we're pirates....arggg and all that....just not a respected move in my book. to each his own...just not how i roll.

and ya, even w/the rivals i have some respect for the game play that has kept me on my toes. each time my rivals learn my moves they use it against me and then i have to find a way to counter/around it. already started working on learning a counter here as well.

as far as the toe to toe and weakling thing....i have found this to be fair as far as attacks. i think i lose a fair amount and win a fair amount. im not great at %'s but i think im close to my win/lose stats in the game. i lose just as much to lowers as to uppers. on as much as ive been attacked i lose on average...'cept to you i see :D

and please no offense ever taken in a game. it is what it is. i can find respect for even those i despise ;) lol i keed...sorta...

20. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

i wasn't just lurking i only have a total of 600 stam. and when we started i only had 325.. so when i get stam i use it up and wait til i get more. that's the way i have to play.. sorry about attacking you if i would have know i wouldn't have do it.. next time just kill me you would have a better chance with all os ben's clan than i do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.